• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding non-expiry passes from 2011 to My Disney Experience

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
I have non-expiry tickets that I purchased from 2008-2011. When we last went to WDW we were able to add these tickets to our magicbands. When I just logged into My Disney Experience, only my kids names show as having tickets..

I'm now trying to figure out how to link my own non-expiry ticket (for which I know I have at least one day left ) to My Disney Experience. However when I look over the options they provide to indicate which number associated with the ticket to enter, the ticket I have does not match the examples. I show a picture of the back of the original ticket I purchased in 2011.

IMG_0182.jpg

While I blacked out some numbers in case there is something I missed something (that someone could then for themselves), I don't really see anything that is similar to the examples of ID numbers on this page.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/link/tickets-passes/

I do have our Magicbands from the last trip, and when I enter in the code on the bank of my old band, I see this message: "Please double check the ID number on your ticket or pass. If you are attempting to link a Main Entrance Pass or reusable Guest Pass, unfortunately we are not yet able to link your pass type. We'll share more information about how to link your passes later."

My Disney Experience seems to not be set up to accept old non-expiry tickets (In contrast to when we last went in 2017). I mainly wanted to add my tickets to see exactly how many days we had left so that I could purchase them in advance if needed.

Any suggestions beyond calling them? Even when I look at my and my wife's tickets, the only difference between the two is the four digit ticket number. The only other possible identifying numbers are a two letter + three digit code on the bottom left and a 4 letter + 7 digit code on the bottom right (which I tried to enter as an ID but it didn't work).

Last edited:
Did you try scanning the barcode using the MDE Mobile app to see if it will link that way?

Tried it last nite and got this message. Cleary next option is to call, but I wonder how they will tell what type of ticket I have without a clear ID number on my tickets (as per picture in the original post)

IMG_0187.PNG

They will likely be able to retrieve the ticket details using a combination of the date, transaction number & ticket number which appear just above the barcode.

When we last went to WDW we were able to add these tickets to our magicbands. When I just logged into My Disney Experience, only my kids names show as having tickets..
Tried it last nite and got this message.

You can't re-link the tickets if they are already linked, which it sounds like you did previously. That's why you are getting the error message. Have you tried checking the app vs website? Things sometimes go wonky and one or the other doesn't show correctly. If using a different device doesn't work, you will need to call and have them tell you when the tickets were used and how many days remain. Unfortunately there have been problems reported with no-expire tickets and various upgrades over time, seems particularly prevalent with the most recent IT upgrade.

Your MagicBands from the last trip should still be linked unless you de-activated them. FYI...the tickets are linked to your MDE account and not to a specific MB.

You're right - I had linked them to MDE in 2017 and it worked then. But I honestly haven't logged in between then and now to see when it got wonky.

I've looked at both the app and the website and my and my wife's non-expiry tickets don't appear. I've tried to enter in the codes from the magicbands as well as hold my phone against the magicbands (I was surprised my phone could get some sort of a signal from a 5.5 year old magicband) - each time I got the similar messages as shown in my screenshot above.

I hope Disney won't give me brief by claiming my tickets are all used up. Unfortunately I have no direct, visual proof to show them that I have days remaining.

I've tried to enter in the codes from the magicbands as well as hold my phone against the magicbands (I was surprised my phone could get some sort of a signal from a 5.5 year old magicband) - each time I got the similar messages as shown in my screenshot above.
The MagicBands are already linked to your MDE. That's why you get an error. You should be able to see those in MDE under "My MagicBands and Cards." Nothing is "on" the MagicBands -- the MBs simply access the information in your MDE account. Short-range "touch" use of MBs will last pretty much indefinitely. It's longer-range such as ride photos that won't work with older bands.

Good luck -- hopefully it's just a "viewing" issue that the tickets don't show up.

Ah gotcha. I can see my and my wife's magic band in MDE as being activated. So, because I had previously linked my non-expiry ticket to my magic band, the issue then is that the MDE platform is simply not showing the tickets linked to that band. And because it keeps saying my tickets are linked to an account, is it safe to assume my non-expiry tickets are still linked to those same bands? I guess that would be the question I ask Disney's customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter