Adding friends and family children from another family

lehrsj

Mouseketeer
Three years ago we had a family reunion at Disney World with 16 people or so. I was able to get everyone to set up the friends and family list and everyone got connected. (Huge effort) This included children age 1, 4, and 5.

We are doing another reunion and there have been two new children born. My niece has added her infant daughter to her friends and family list, managed by my niece. I can't figure out how to get her daughter on my list. I want to do this so she can be linked on a reservation. I want to be able to get her a magic band on the reservation. I realize she doesn't need a band but I want one with her name on it. I was able to do this 3 years ago but I cannot see how to do that today. The option to select from existing family and friends shows no one. Has something changed?

Thanks

Three years ago we had a family reunion at Disney World with 16 people or so. I was able to get everyone to set up the friends and family list and everyone got connected. (Huge effort) This included children age 1, 4, and 5.

We are doing another reunion and there have been two new children born. My niece has added her infant daughter to her friends and family list, managed by my niece. I can't figure out how to get her daughter on my list. I want to do this so she can be linked on a reservation. I want to be able to get her a magic band on the reservation. I realize she doesn't need a band but I want one with her name on it. I was able to do this 3 years ago but I cannot see how to do that today. The option to select from existing family and friends shows no one. Has something changed?

Thanks
You should be able to click Add a Guest at the bottom of your F&F list, then add via a connected guest - which should allow you to send a message to your niece, who then allows you to connect with her child.

Thanks. I should be able to add via a connected guest but no connected guests show up in the list. The same is true for my niece's sister. She cannot see any connected guests. I should see lots of connected guests.

Thanks. I should be able to add via a connected guest but no connected guests show up in the list. The same is true for my niece's sister. She cannot see any connected guests. I should see lots of connected guests.
Uh-oh. Sorry then, I can’t help. Can you see an option to add a guest by importing from a WDW resort reservation? (I see that option only on the website, not on the app.) If the baby is listed on a WDW resort reservation, that might work. If that's no good, you may want to post your difficulty on the Theme Parks Board - lots of helpful people there with more MDE expertise than I have! And if all else fails, you can call the MDE Help desk at (407) 939-4357 or email them via the link in MDE.

You’re “friends” with your Neice but not her daughter? Try ask your Neice to check her account if she’s given you access to her friends and family list.

I am friends with my niece. I checked with her and she has her daughter set up correctly. If I put her daughter aside I don't see anyone for my connected guests. I have friends on my list who have other friends. I should see them. I've asked a few people to check this, to go to add a new friend/family member and select the option to select from you connected guests. None of them see anyone. Does anyone see anyone with this option????

I sent an email to Disney about this issue. Got a reply that it can take up to 10 days.

They need to allow sharing of their friends/family

Attachments

• AA8D74BB-8962-40E8-98EA-71893E8CB994.jpeg
    AA8D74BB-8962-40E8-98EA-71893E8CB994.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 14
They need to allow sharing of their friends/family

@lehrsj, did you see that? Check with your niece to be sure she's allowing her child's information (existence! :cutie: ) to be shared with you. It's been so long since I needed to connect to anyone that I completely forgot about that setting.

As far as I can see there is no option to "share a child's information". If you are managing an account you can set your own account to share the list (which we have shared) but I don't think you can say to share a child's list. To make it easy to test this I had my husband add a 5 year old the he "manages". I am on his list, he is on mine. We are both set to "share" our lists. I do not see the 5 year old he added to his list

Actually I don't think it needs to be a child. If you are managing an adult's account then I don't think they show up in the list of connected guests. Test it. Have someone you are linked to add a fake child that is managed by the person who added the child. (it can be deleted later). Make sure your account and the person who added the child is set to share my list. Then check if you can see the child as a connected guest.

Oh my, sorry. So your niece’s MDE is set to Share my [her] F&F List, meaning you should be able to see anyone on her F&F list, and you still can’t see or connect to her baby. I would assume it has to do with her child being an infant. Hopefully you’ll hear from the MDE help folks soon to straighten this out. Sorry I couldn’t help. When you hear from MDE, please come back and let us know how it was resolved! I want to learn, because I’m hoping for a new grandchild next year and want to know how to connect through my daughter’s MDE to mine.

I got kind of a standard reply about a week after I sent an email. Basically it said to make sure everyone had their friends and family “shared”, which they were. I was given a phone number to call, I wasn’t looking forward to a 2-3 hour wait. So I did screen shots to show everything was as I said it was and that there was no one listed to select from.

I got an email back a few days later saying this was not the department that could handle it. And to call.

I noticed that one option when adding a guest in the Disney app was to pull the name from another reservation. So I created a one day reservation for my niece and her child. I then had my niece go into my Disney experience and add the reservation. She could link herself and her child.

Then I went into my Disney experience and brought up the reservation that had me, my niece, and her child. On the child I selected to add a guest. I selected from a reservation and added the reservation I created for on day for my niece and her child. If found the reservation and linked to her child.

Later I noticed on my friends and family list that my niece’s child had been added with request pending. My niece got the email and responded to accept my friend request. So now my niece’s child is on my friends and family list. And I dropped the one day reservation.

Whatever works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter