Adding Dining Plan - Financial privacy?

I disagree. The broker works for me. I have a contract with them and not with the other party. Same with the owner. Neither of us is allowed to know the other, otherwise the broker would be irrelevant. This puts the broker in the position where they should be assuming the liability and providing security for both parties, otherwise what are they here for? I could go to the forums to rent points. I did it through a broker specifically FOR the security.

I disagree. You may not know anything about the owner but they know plenty about you. I rent out my points through davids all time. I know their name, gender, birthday, full address, phone number, and email. I also know your credit card number if you book the dining plan. I know your flight information is you are flying in and using magical express. All of this information is needed to book a reservation. I know all this information for everyone in the travel party.

If you damage a room that I reserve for you I assume the liability and I am the one that has to deal with it - not Davids. Davids puts us together and takes a commission but as the owner I assume all the responsibility.

I also need to add the dining plan to a reservation that we made. I also find it a little strange that we need to provide a credit card. I also wish we paid the rental company and the. They arranged everything. I may see if the bank can give us a one time card to use specifically for the transaction. I’m Canadian and the gift card idea is good if you are American, the gift cards is Canada are in CAN$$ which makes things more complicated.

If you damage a room that I reserve for you I assume the liability and I am the one that has to deal with it - not Davids. Davids puts us together and takes a commission but as the owner I assume all the responsibility.

What happens in that situation? Does the rentee eat the cost of the damages?

I disagree. You may not know anything about the owner but they know plenty about you. I rent out my points through davids all time. I know their name, gender, birthday, full address, phone number, and email. I also know your credit card number if you book the dining plan. I know your flight information is you are flying in and using magical express. All of this information is needed to book a reservation. I know all this information for everyone in the travel party.

We don't know birthdays, but let's scare her some more. We also know the name and ages of any children you are bringing along. 8-)

What happens in that situation? Does the rentee eat the cost of the damages?

DVC will freeze an owners account and it’s up to them to get their guest to settle up. It is very rare it happens, but ultimately, in those rare instances, the DVC owner could get stuck if they can’t get it from the renter and they need to use their account.

DVC will freeze an owners account and it’s up to them to get their guest to settle up. It is very rare it happens, but ultimately, in those rare instances, the DVC owner could get stuck if they can’t get it from the renter and they need to use their account.

So basically as the one renting out, there's pressure applied by Disney. But as the person renting; aside from the goodness of one's heart, there's really no incentive to settle up.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but every time I try to book a trip crossing the use year, I'm blocked.

In order to walk a reservation, I don't believe 4 days of walking would do PP much good . They spoke of a June 4 trip with a June use year.

Just to add when we bought SSR, downtown disney was half shopping / half clubs. I thought the idea of fireworks every night was great. Within a year, everything started changing to all stores.
So basically as the one renting out, there's pressure applied by Disney. But as the person renting; aside from the goodness of one's heart, there's really no incentive to settle up.

Since rentals are a private transaction, Disney doesn’t get involved, other than hold owners responsible for their guests..which is in the POS..

But yes, if a renter is a real jerk and choose to stiff the owner for damages , then the owner would have to decide what to do. I’d say, 99.5% of renters are good and honest and this liability is a very small one,

I just added the Dining Plan to my DVC rental ressie. When I looked at the charges, it was paid with 3 Gift Cards(Because they are $1000 max).
The Rental Store must have given them the gift cards to pay it off?

Since rentals are a private transaction, Disney doesn’t get involved, other than hold owners responsible for their guests..which is in the POS..

But yes, if a renter is a real jerk and choose to stiff the owner for damages , then the owner would have to decide what to do. I’d say, 99.5% of renters are good and honest and this liability is a very small one,
I thought in the contracts we signed for our points that we agreed with Disney that we wouldn't rent our points out anyway. I'm surprised that they don't just go after damages but suspended the account for breaking TOS

I thought in the contracts we signed for our points that we agreed with Disney that we wouldn't rent our points out anyway. I'm surprised that they don't just go after damages but suspended the account for breaking TOS

The POS specifically allows renting...just not commercial renting. You are supposed to let DVC know...though I don’t think most do.

But the owner would be responsible to collect from any damage or unpaid charges from any guests using their membership.

Again, Disney does not bill you, but holds you responsible to get your guest to settle up...and they don’t allow you to use your account until you do,

The POS specifically allows renting...just not commercial renting. You are supposed to let DVC know...though I don’t think most do.

But the owner would be responsible to collect from any damage or unpaid charges from any guests using their membership.

Again, Disney does not bill you, but holds you responsible to get your guest to settle up...and they don’t allow you to use your account until you do,
Ohh got ya now. Thanks for saving that cause we have some SSR points that we might not use in a year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts