Adding a person to room mid-trip?

Ariel Wanna-be

“And when my time is up, have I done enough?”
Hi - I'm hoping someone can answer this for me:

We've decided to take a last-minute trip (my college graduation/40th b-day!) in mid-May :-)eek: - I've NEVER had less than a year to plan...very scared!). Since I've missed out on the discounts :-)headache:) we are going to be staying at a mod - probably CB. Anyway, DH and I are going to arrive on a Monday, then DS15 will arrive after his exams on Wednesday. How does this work? Will I need to make two separate reservations (I sure hope not)? How will ME work for DS coming from the airport if we already have an existing reservation? Can we get tix that have differing numbers of days? So many questions - I'd love to hear from anyone who's had experience with this.

Thanks for any help!!

You can call and arrange to have 2 different ME reservations as long as the names are on the room. (You could have a different one for every listed person) If you have a package all tickets need to be the same but you can order the tickets needed for the person with the least time at Disney. Then just upgrade the rest of the tickets once they have been used once.

I have not actually done different ME reservations but have made them for my mother to join us midtrip. We always drive since it is only 1.5 hours.

Hi - I'm hoping someone can answer this for me:

We've decided to take a last-minute trip (my college graduation/40th b-day!) in mid-May :-)eek: - I've NEVER had less than a year to plan...very scared!). Since I've missed out on the discounts :-)headache:) we are going to be staying at a mod - probably CB. Anyway, DH and I are going to arrive on a Monday, then DS15 will arrive after his exams on Wednesday. How does this work? Will I need to make two separate reservations (I sure hope not)? How will ME work for DS coming from the airport if we already have an existing reservation? Can we get tix that have differing numbers of days? So many questions - I'd love to hear from anyone who's had experience with this.

Thanks for any help!!

You do not need to make 2 separate reservations and you have a couple of options. Since you asked about tickets, it sounds like you booked a package. If you have a package with the DDP and want DS to have the DDP, he will need to be added now and have the same ticket days as you and your DH. Since everyone on the reservation has to have the same components, you can get the tickets to match what DS needs and then upgrade you and your DH for any extra days you want. You can also do this if you have a package with tickets only. If you booked room only, you can add him when you arrive and make arrangements for him to use DME when he arrives on Wednesday. HTH :).

Thanks for the advice! I've never upgraded tickets before - if we buy 5 day PHs that cover the part of the trip that includes DS, when DH and I upgrade to 7dPHs, will we receive the extra 2 days at a discount? Or will we basically be purchasing additional 2dPHs. For example, if I buy a 7dPH, the last two days are significantly less expensive than if we had bought 2dPHs. Am I making sense? (Probably not...I rarely do.)

PS - no dining plan.

Thanks for the advice! I've never upgraded tickets before - if we buy 5 day PHs that cover the part of the trip that includes DS, when DH and I upgrade to 7dPHs, will we receive the extra 2 days at a discount? Or will we basically be purchasing additional 2dPHs. For example, if I buy a 7dPH, the last two days are significantly less expensive than if we had bought 2dPHs. Am I making sense? (Probably not...I rarely do.)

PS - no dining plan.

Not to worry.....you will pay the difference between a 5 day hopper and 7 day hopper :). If you buy the tickets separately at a discount, use them first before upgrading as this will give you a credit equal to the current gate price to be applied toward the 7 day hopper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter