Add person to free dining package/Cancel other package

erinh

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I've been trying to call all morning to ask Disney, but lines are jammed for now. I also haven't had much luck searching through here. Any advice would be helpful from you experts!

I have a package booked for September for free dining. We (me, DH, DD 3 and DD 1) are booked at Contemporary. My parents are also booked at CR for the same time with free dining. It is now looking like my dad won't be able to go on the trip. If that's the case, I was thinking of just adding my mom to our room and cancelling her separate reservation.

Here are my questions, if I add my mom to our room and cancel her reservation, can she still get free dining? Will this cancel her FP that we booked last week or can I transfer these without actually cancelling? Lastly, what will happen to our ADRs -- will they automatically drop from 6 to 4 when the room is cancelled and then I need to try to change them to 5 or can I just go ahead and change them all to 5?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Hi everyone! I've been trying to call all morning to ask Disney, but lines are jammed for now. I also haven't had much luck searching through here. Any advice would be helpful from you experts!

I have a package booked for September for free dining. We (me, DH, DD 3 and DD 1) are booked at Contemporary. My parents are also booked at CR for the same time with free dining. It is now looking like my dad won't be able to go on the trip. If that's the case, I was thinking of just adding my mom to our room and cancelling her separate reservation.

Here are my questions, if I add my mom to our room and cancel her reservation, can she still get free dining? Will this cancel her FP that we booked last week or can I transfer these without actually cancelling? Lastly, what will happen to our ADRs -- will they automatically drop from 6 to 4 when the room is cancelled and then I need to try to change them to 5 or can I just go ahead and change them all to 5?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

1) Yes, if you add your mom to your room, she would get free dining. If the CM on the phone gives you any pushback, ask to speak with someone in Guest Services.
2) As long as your mom has valid ticket media linked to her profile in MDE, she would not lose her FP+. My advice would be to add her to your reservation, make sure the reservation is updated in MDE and it shows your mom is now on your reservation and then cancel her original reservation. If you cancel her original reservation prior to her having other ticket media linked, you could risk losing FP+
3) Nothing happens to your ADR's. You can try changing them to 5, but if you can't modify them, simply show up and let the restaurant hosts know you are now a party of 5 instead of 6. There is no penalty for doing this.

1) Yes, if you add your mom to your room, she would get free dining. If the CM on the phone gives you any pushback, ask to speak with someone in Guest Services.
2) As long as your mom has valid ticket media linked to her profile in MDE, she would not lose her FP+. My advice would be to add her to your reservation, make sure the reservation is updated in MDE and it shows your mom is now on your reservation and then cancel her original reservation. If you cancel her original reservation prior to her having other ticket media linked, you could risk losing FP+
3) Nothing happens to your ADR's. You can try changing them to 5, but if you can't modify them, simply show up and let the restaurant hosts know you are now a party of 5 instead of 6. There is no penalty for doing this.
Thank you so much! You are awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter