Add on ITIS - it is real

karen4546

DIS Veteran
We want to add on to our recent direct purchase of AKV.. So, I contacted our guide/salesperson and told him that we needed to add 25 points direct and we literally just gave him our debit info. a few minutes ago. So, I hope the points are in our account in the next week or two. We needed the extra points for a trip in May.

I have been stalking for 100 points resale with our same use year, but none have been available. But, now I am looking at Copper Creek. It looks like a beautiful resort that I look forward to visiting soon.

BTW, we visited TOTWL to view the fireworks. LOVED it !

going to stalk the resale threads ;)

What is TOTWL? We are trying to decide on how many points we need v how many points we want 😂😂😂

It never ends - I can tell you since 1996! Hopefully, one of you is cool headed but it sounds like all hope is lost...just give it up and have your paycheck sent to Disney...my husband "works for Disney" LOL!

A sure cure for addonitis is that little envelope that comes in your snail mail every December containing the annual dues statement. Just recalling the cost is enough for me to close my browser and open a book.

FWIW, our initial buying stage lasted ~3 years. At some point, the addonitis may settle out for you.

What was at BWV? That must have been before we purchased.
That was the space they call The Attic. Now they rent it out for weddings, private events, etc. It was a space where members could go and gather. It was a long time ago.

And you can't forget about valet parking. Members got if for free, just needed to tip. Then they discontinued it overnight and members who had parked for free the night before woke up to a bill with valet services.

Never buy for anything but your resort. They can take anything away that they gave us.

Thanks. I remember seeing a sign for it and walking to see it. It looled like a fun place. Couldn't tell if it was open or a private party as I didn't go in.
Probably a private event as I didn't see any DVC signage.

We want to add on to our recent direct purchase of AKV.. So, I contacted our guide/salesperson and told him that we needed to add 25 points direct and we literally just gave him our debit info. a few minutes ago. So, I hope the points are in our account in the next week or two. We needed the extra points for a trip in May.

I have been stalking for 100 points resale with our same use year, but none have been available. But, now I am looking at Copper Creek. It looks like a beautiful resort that I look forward to visiting soon.

BTW, we visited TOTWL to view the fireworks. LOVED it !

going to stalk the resale threads ;)

I thought there was a minimum amount of points that you had to buy if you bought direct? or was that only for new members?

I thought there was a minimum amount of points that you had to buy if you bought direct? or was that only for new members?

Current members can add on with as little as 25 points for cash and 50 points financed, except RIV is 50.

Current members can add on with as little as 25 points for cash and 50 points financed, except RIV is 50.
thanks! and is this just for your home resort or can it be for any resorts (non Rev).. For example if my HR is PVB can I buy 25 points cash at BCV?

thanks! and is this just for your home resort or can it be for any resorts (non Rev).. For example if my HR is PVB can I buy 25 points cash at BCV?
you can buy 25 points at BCV -- but I caution against doing such a small amount of points b/c 25 points does not give you much utility. You're looking at 5 nights every three years. Make sure you get enough points that you can actually use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter