Adam the Woo has been unbanned

I understand what you are saying about safety but you can't say there were "no consequences" he was banned from the place he loved and was his 2nd home. Only after 3 years was he allowed back. He made these videos out of love for the parks and wanting to share these pieces of WDW history with the rest of the world that would otherwise never be able to see them or know they ever existed. Since he has been re-instated everything has been on the up and up. He learned his lesson and has made videos warning others to NOT do what he did.

There is a fine line between love and an obsession, its a private business they can do as they like and now a days people just sue to get their way. Until someone gets hurt doing this activity or someone else suffers no one will care because people Monday morning quarter back this stuff and if no one got hurt, its ok nothing happened. But if some poor kid was hurt and the normal responders that were dealing with this clown couldn't go and the other responders had to come halfway across the park and the kid ended up badly hurt, then people would grab the pitchforks and say he shouldn't be allowed back in.

Last edited:
Honestly...I hear what you're saying & do feel it's true, but would just say that for most of the time this would be the case....At a sporting event *(for sure) a movie theater(same) but at WDW, I doubt he was really putting any or a few CM/Security at any real danger or risk.....

2nd chances are what we preach to our kids these days isn't it.....? Some time people make mistakes...And once again, I'm a huge Disney fan, but this ADAM the Woo is a true fan.... I'm sure nothing was done/meant in a bad way....:confused3

But you can say stalkers and some of those "crazy" people out there don't do anything in a bad way either right, they just want to be with someone and they don't see it in a bad way. 2nd chances are a joke to me I was raised if you did something you weren't supposed to do you got your consequence whatever it was and you lived with it. You learned that oops cant do that wont make that mistake, you respect other peoples property and such my parents and grandparents evidently use the old way of thinking because you can't find that kind of thinking anywhere these days everyone is entitled. A "true" fan would respect the property of what they "love" and I hardly think walking past a sign that says "you don't belong here" as a mistake that is a clear choice to disobey.

It's nice that Disney is so tolerant and since it's their decision and no one else's I see no reason to say anything else.

Since people have their own opinions and rightfully so, tolerance can only go so far, tolerance on breaking rules or laws sends a dangerous message, you will only be banned for so long for not following our rules. Now someone else see's that and wants to do something a little bit more dangerous knowing in mind that I can fight my ban and get back to the park, its a never ending circle. Look at it this way, say someone is at a Disney park for the first time and probably last time the way prices are going these days, and some clown like this adam whatever goes somewhere they weren't supposed to be and a ride or attraction gets shut down right as your were starting the ride. Now you get kicked off the ride for someone else's decision to not follow the rules because they may have to check the ride before it starts again and you lost your one chance to ride, ruining your time as a "true fan" as some call him decided he was better than everyone else. just don't get it

Now someone else see's that and wants to do something a little bit more dangerous knowing in mind that I can fight my ban and get back to the park, its a never ending circle.

You're assuming that fighting a ban automatically gets you back into the park. Just because you fight a ban doesn't mean it will be overturned. In this situation, Disney decided that what he did initially warranted a ban, and then his attorney persuaded Disney to overturn it (assuming that's the case, I haven't really read up on the process for it being overturned). But if someone goes back there and does something worse, an attorney can attempt to persuade Disney to overturn the ban and Disney can still say, "Sorry, nope, get out of here".

Though it sets a precedent, it only sets a precedent for the actions Adam was doing back stage. If I went back stage and actually interfered with the operations of the park, I'm sure it would be a lot harder to persuade Disney to overturn the ban.

If someone really wanted to do something malicious (regardless if it's in a Disney park or not) they're going to do it. They aren't going to wait for a precedent to do it.

I'm not going to get into the debate on how horrible what he's done is deemed. I'm a huge fan and honestly, while what he did was wrong (we can debate how wrong it is all day long, but nonetheless it's considered "wrong" since he was breaking rules), I was never hugely offended by it since he for the most part did not put himself in no immediate danger unlike other people who have been to the parks who will actually get in moving vehicles and what not during a ride that's in motion. That's only one example. I can think of a million more. Also, I'm seen "urban explorers" (including those who are fans of Disney) do more dangerous things. So, AdamTheWoo is a puppy compared to some "explorers" I've seen.

I'm was, and still am a huge fan since due to Disney's secretive ways about the backstage world and love the backstage magic including "abandoned" rides, as well as the history of Disney in general. And whether he was exploring areas who were forbidden, or not (his channel isn't all forbidden backstage areas) he's always been very informative about Disney, which I love.

Putting the debate aside on how wrong, or not wrong he was, Disney dropped the trespassing I think for two reasons: 1. Adam had someone actually representing him and was willing to speak on his behalf. 2. Adam proved to Disney that he had the ability to behave himself on Disneyland property. Regardless of how horrible his actions were on a scale of 1 to 10 (which we can debate all day long, but I'm not), Adam had someone willing to speak up for him and state all the things he's always been stating, repeatedly stated how he's learned his lesson, and unlike most people, proved that by behaving for well over a year at a world (or should I say land) that he never really explored before.

It's one thing to say you're sorry, it'll never happen again, but instead of just using words Adam actually shown his ability to behave. This lawyer speaking up for him and Adam taking steps to showcasing his ability to behave in a whole new world by going to Disneyland, I think is the reason for Disney's change of heart.

Why reject the idea of second chances when Adam actually done what I've seen a lot of people don't do in life and that is actually feel sorry for what he done and change his behavior? I've seen so many people say sorry in my life and I'm sure you guys here have too, but it's another thing all together when someone doesn't just say sorry, but actually does something about it, change it. That's what Adam did.

I didn't know about him until I read this thread. I went and saw some of his videos afterwards.

Would it be crazy if I walked into the utilidors looking like that?
<-----

Since people have their own opinions and rightfully so, tolerance can only go so far, tolerance on breaking rules or laws sends a dangerous message, you will only be banned for so long for not following our rules. Now someone else see's that and wants to do something a little bit more dangerous knowing in mind that I can fight my ban and get back to the park, its a never ending circle.

This is ridiculous. Disney, the company that owned the park, banned him for breaking their rule, after a certain amount of time they decided they were ok with him coming back to their property that they own.

What you're speaking of is zero tolerance and basically giving someone a life sentence. People make mistakes and they should have the opportunity to correct them and learn from them. Obviously Disney felt that way.

Are you a different person than you were years ago? I know I am, I still make mistakes, one of the differences from now and when I was a teenager or in my early 20s, is that I now learn from those mistakes and correct them going forward.

This is ridiculous. Disney, the company that owned the park, banned him for breaking their rule, after a certain amount of time they decided they were ok with him coming back to their property that they own.

What you're speaking of is zero tolerance and basically giving someone a life sentence. People make mistakes and they should have the opportunity to correct them and learn from them. Obviously Disney felt that way.

Are you a different person than you were years ago? I know I am, I still make mistakes, one of the differences from now and when I was a teenager or in my early 20s, is that I now learn from those mistakes and correct them going forward.

In my point of view its not ridiculous, until someone gets seriously hurt themselves or someone else gets hurt doing what this guy does most people will say ahhh, its fine who does it hurt. But when someone gets hurt the pitchforks will be raised and most of those same people will be crying out why didn't they do something about this. His whole niche is going into places, some where he does not belong its dumb in my opinion. Plus were you in the meeting at Disney? This guy got a lawyer, Disney didn't just decided all of a sudden to let him back at the parks. The problem these days is most people are reactive instead of proactive, and everyone seems to have a sense of entitlement of what they can do.

In my point of view its not ridiculous, until someone gets seriously hurt themselves or someone else gets hurt doing what this guy does most people will say ahhh, its fine who does it hurt. But when someone gets hurt the pitchforks will be raised and most of those same people will be crying out why didn't they do something about this. His whole niche is going into places, some where he does not belong its dumb in my opinion. Plus were you in the meeting at Disney? This guy got a lawyer, Disney didn't just decided all of a sudden to let him back at the parks. The problem these days is most people are reactive instead of proactive, and everyone seems to have a sense of entitlement of what they can do.

Right, so even if he learned from his mistake, and even posted a video apologizing and saying what he did was wrong so others can see it. He should never get access to the Disney again, even if Disney agrees that he should.

BTW, i watched a few videos of his after he was banned to see what he was like, I thought he was an idiot, so don't count me as a fan. I just think the zero tolerance and banning someone for life when they actually DIDNT hurt anyone, and is maybe taking it too far.

We have a different opinion, and thats ok.

This will be my last post on this thread because it seriously hurts my head,
Right, so even if he learned from his mistake, and even posted a video apologizing and saying what he did was wrong so others can see it. He should never get access to the Disney again, even if Disney agrees that he should.

BTW, i watched a few videos of his after he was banned to see what he was like, I thought he was an idiot, so don't count me as a fan. I just think the zero tolerance and banning someone for life when they actually DIDNT hurt anyone, and is maybe taking it too far.

We have a different opinion, and thats ok.

This will be my last post on this thread because it seriously hurts my head, but really??? he even posted a video apologizing, I can think of hundreds of times I have seen and heard people apologize when they didn't mean it, some even shed a tear or two and then down the road you find them laughing about the time the pulled the wool over peoples eyes. Its sad to say in this world today a second chance turns into a third or fourth etc, etc, etc. There is no consequence, I could go on forever about how its just all so wrong these days, but it all boils down to 1 thing personal responsibility. This guy chose to disobey a private businesses rules and then was sad when they banned him for life. Well boo hoo, maybe he should grow up and learn how be an adult. You make a choice, something happens, deal with it. Don't go get a lawyer and cry about it online to the masses because you did something you weren't supposed to do and im pretty sure Disney would have left it at a lifetime ban if he didn't go get a lawyer.

This really isn't something to get worked up about guys. He was banned from the parks and then allowed to go back. This was all Disney's decision we here have no say in it. Of course we may not agree with it but we don't need to go on arguing and arguing about it.

This will be my last post on this thread because it seriously hurts my head,

This will be my last post on this thread because it seriously hurts my head, but really??? he even posted a video apologizing, I can think of hundreds of times I have seen and heard people apologize when they didn't mean it, some even shed a tear or two and then down the road you find them laughing about the time the pulled the wool over peoples eyes. Its sad to say in this world today a second chance turns into a third or fourth etc, etc, etc. There is no consequence, I could go on forever about how its just all so wrong these days, but it all boils down to 1 thing personal responsibility. This guy chose to disobey a private businesses rules and then was sad when they banned him for life. Well boo hoo, maybe he should grow up and learn how be an adult. You make a choice, something happens, deal with it. Don't go get a lawyer and cry about it online to the masses because you did something you weren't supposed to do and im pretty sure Disney would have left it at a lifetime ban if he didn't go get a lawyer.
You really know absolutely nothing about him. I'm done too because our moderator is right. :)

This person is an irresponsible and foolish bafoon and hardly worthy of all the attention he so desperatley craves. "Urban Eploring" is just tresspassing. Naming it something romantic doesn't change that fact. It's a stupid fad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter