Adam the Woo has been unbanned

...'never heard of him until this thread. That said, my DD has taken 3 YES classes, and I think I enjoyed them more than she did: going backstage of Haunted Mansion was fascinating! There are a lot of posts here about Cranium Wars, and other Epcot stuff that I never experienced, and it is easy for me to see how someone would be intrigued and try to peek at things! "There is no such thing as bad publicity...." I would prefer this guy in the park than parents berating their children into having a magical trip, when the children are crying, exhausted, and need a nap or swim! His bad behavior only hurt him.

He just announced that after living near DL for a few years that he is going back on the road. I expect to see him pop up in WDW any time. :)

I have another angle, coming from a security minded work background, this kind of support for someone who breaks rules like that is what is wrong these days. Not only does it show that there are no consequences for what happens(being able to come back into the park), but the majority of the time there will be multiple copycats and people will continue to do it. Plus people will still try to sue if they get hurt going somewhere there not supposed to be and half the time even though they passed a sign stating your not supposed to be here they still win in court. If security and other members are dealing with problems like people going where there not supposed to be, what happens if there is a problem somewhere else in a park that needs a lot of staff to deal with it. Most people don't think about incidents that could happen or even think like that, but if you are 2-3 people short in a bad incident sometimes depending on the situation that's the line between property loss/damage or serious injury and life and death.

I have another angle, coming from a security minded work background, this kind of support for someone who breaks rules like that is what is wrong these days. Not only does it show that there are no consequences for what happens(being able to come back into the park), but the majority of the time there will be multiple copycats and people will continue to do it. Plus people will still try to sue if they get hurt going somewhere there not supposed to be and half the time even though they passed a sign stating your not supposed to be here they still win in court. If security and other members are dealing with problems like people going where there not supposed to be, what happens if there is a problem somewhere else in a park that needs a lot of staff to deal with it. Most people don't think about incidents that could happen or even think like that, but if you are 2-3 people short in a bad incident sometimes depending on the situation that's the line between property loss/damage or serious injury and life and death.

Honestly...I hear what you're saying & do feel it's true, but would just say that for most of the time this would be the case....At a sporting event *(for sure) a movie theater(same) but at WDW, I doubt he was really putting any or a few CM/Security at any real danger or risk.....

2nd chances are what we preach to our kids these days isn't it.....? Some time people make mistakes...And once again, I'm a huge Disney fan, but this ADAM the Woo is a true fan.... I'm sure nothing was done/meant in a bad way....:confused3

Love how these old threads randomly resurface :)
My recollection of the Woo saga was that he moved to CA after he was banned from WDW because he had not been banned from DL and thus could get his Disney fix there.
I see the lifting of the WDW ban more like he's served his sentence/probation (eg exile from WDW) and can now come back.

I understand what you are saying about safety but you can't say there were "no consequences" he was banned from the place he loved and was his 2nd home. Only after 3 years was he allowed back. He made these videos out of love for the parks and wanting to share these pieces of WDW history with the rest of the world that would otherwise never be able to see them or know they ever existed. Since he has been re-instated everything has been on the up and up. He learned his lesson and has made videos warning others to NOT do what he did.

Love how these old threads randomly resurface :)
My recollection of the Woo saga was that he moved to CA after he was banned from WDW because he had not been banned from DL and thus could get his Disney fix there.
I see the lifting of the WDW ban more like he's served his sentence/probation (eg exile from WDW) and can now come back.

He lived on the road out of his van for a year or more exploring the country before he settled down in CA. No doubt living 5-10 minutes away from DL had some bearing on his decision but there was also a lot of other stuff in CA that influenced the decision.

Adam's videos are great. He's got a ton of followers on You Tube and does some awesome work. I think what he did back during his WDW days with going behind the scenes and filming it was sort of someting that he needed to do to feed his Disney hunger, and he learned the lesson the hard way that it was the wrong thing to do. I'm glad he's back and filming in Central Florida!

Two questions:

1) Does anyone know what his name is?
2) How did he get unbanned? Did he sue? Does Disney have some sort of appellate process? Or does some guy who gets paid to make decisions like this show up at work one day and say "Screw it, Adam can come back?"

Two questions:

1) Does anyone know what his name is?
2) How did he get unbanned? Did he sue? Does Disney have some sort of appellate process? Or does some guy who gets paid to make decisions like this show up at work one day and say "Screw it, Adam can come back?"
He said in one of his videos that he hired an attorney and fought for an appeal and overturn. Disney repeatedly denied the requests he had been filing himself on a yearly bases. So then he took the attorney approach. Disney didn't want him back persay.

He said in one of his videos that he hired an attorney and fought for an appeal and overturn. Disney repeatedly denied the requests he had been filing himself on a yearly bases. So then he took the attorney approach. Disney didn't want him back persay.
Not exactly. he did petition them and was denied but he had given up. He had an attorney in FL because he had gotten into trouble for exploring an abandoned building completely unrelated to Disney. This attorney offered to petition Disney and he basically told them how he had learned his lesson and told everyone not to do this stuff etc.

Here's the video if anyone is interested

I am not trying to start a debate here but I can see where Disney is Justified to do something like this. Not saying him but what if by some odd means someone snuck something dangerous into the park and set it up in these abandoned buildings that could somehow hurt someone in the park. I can see where Disney would be justified. BUT on the other hand, he was just coming to shoot video, so take that as it is.

what if someone walked into your house and starting filming. Don't worry they just really like your house and want to video tape it. They am not going to hurt you or steal anything is that OK. it is off limits for a reason STAY OUT. In the security world most people that are looking to do harm or steal usually take photo or video of the area so they can steady it over and over without having to be there. We are trained to look for this. everyone is filming the fireworks but this guy over here is filming them load diesel fuel.

The videos are also a public advertisement that says, "Look how easy it is to trespass behind the scenes in this huge and wealthy tourist attraction, nobody even stops you."

Being a super-fan is not an excuse for advertising to bad people the potential for stealing vehicles and equipment, committing vandalism or doing other harmful acts.

And this business of super-fans crossing the line ... is anyone else reminded of a certain well-known blogger, podcaster and rumor-monger's history? It's possible to love something too much and to flame out by trying too hard to be part of the show.

This is one of these issues that I don't understand why people feel the need to have an opinion.

They guy trespassed, Disney is within their rights to ban him. They're also within their rights to rescind that ban.

I don't really feel the need to judge either him or the guy who trespassed. Who cares? Doesn't impact me, doesn't impact you.

I don't know who this guy is, but this thread is very interesting. It sounds like people are ok with him having his ban lifted because he is a celebrity and they like his product.

I feel if this person who was banned was a regular park goer who randomly kept going backstage and filmed youtube videos that nobody watched, then everyone would feel he deserved the lifetime ban.

Celebrity privilege.

I don't know who this guy is, but this thread is very interesting. It sounds like people are ok with him having his ban lifted because he is a celebrity and they like his product.

I feel if this person who was banned was a regular park goer who randomly kept going backstage and filmed youtube videos that nobody watched, then everyone would feel he deserved the lifetime ban.

Celebrity privilege.
I would be in favor of the other person getting his ban lifted too. But it's up to Disney and I respect their decision. That doesn't keep me from being happy for someone that I really like when I know that they realize that they made a mistake. As someone else said just about everyone deserves a second chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter