ad killing usability

This is my exact problem . . . did you find a fix?

I've been having this exact same problem. I just downloaded AdBlock Plus (I know I know, what took me so long!) and in the only 2-3 minutes that I've been browsing the DIS now, it seems very much improved. Hopefully it stays that way, but it's definitely worth a shot

I've been starting to have this problem the past few days too. But apparently this has been going on for a long time. Is it ever going to be addressed? Aside from slowing down the boards, it's really annoying that I can't listen to music while browsing this site because the ad automatically plays audio all the time and interferes. Not just the audio of the ad, but it makes my music (Pandora) stop and skip just because the ad is trying to load or whatever it's doing. I really don't feel I should have to install an ad blocker just for this ONE site and its ONE problem ad.

I've been starting to have this problem the past few days too. But apparently this has been going on for a long time. Is it ever going to be addressed? Aside from slowing down the boards, it's really annoying that I can't listen to music while browsing this site because the ad automatically plays audio all the time and interferes. Not just the audio of the ad, but it makes my music (Pandora) stop and skip just because the ad is trying to load or whatever it's doing. I really don't feel I should have to install an ad blocker just for this ONE site and its ONE problem ad.

Take two on replying to this.
First time the ads made Explorer crash.... again.

And installing ad blocking software isn't an option when I'm at work.

Annoying is an understatement. I presume the ads bring in revenue, but how many ads will want to be here when everyone has left to find less glitchy boards?

It seemed like the dreaded ad was gone for a while but it is back with a vengeance! It is DESTROYING the usability of this site. I was just trying to post a reply and I had to kill and start again 4 times. Drafts were mostly saved thankfully, but it isn't worth the time spent with a freezing browser. Get that ad off of there! Thanks.

It seemed like the dreaded ad was gone for a while but it is back with a vengeance! It is DESTROYING the usability of this site. I was just trying to post a reply and I had to kill and start again 4 times. Drafts were mostly saved thankfully, but it isn't worth the time spent with a freezing browser. Get that ad off of there! Thanks.
Do you have an adblocker installed?

Using chrome, you can add Ghostery. Ghostery is awesome and free. This site is completely out-of-control with slowwww loading ads and very unpleasant to visit without it, or some form of ad-blocking.

Hey webmaster - I bet you'd make more ad click revenue if you did not oversaturate the ads so much. Sites that do this, unfortunately, get people to add ad-blockers, which over time will reduce your earnings... just sayin...

I can't even read this thread because those ads keep pulling my browser down to the bottom of the page. It keeps happening and is making me -CRAZY-. I'm on Safari, and like I said I literally can't even read this thread before posting because of the constant dragging down of the screen.

There's an ad at the bottom of the page that looks like this:
windows%20capture_zpsj1ptk5yd.png

See that black box of death in the middle?
It loads a new video ad every 15 seconds or so.
Every time it does, it takes anywhere from 0-60 seconds to load.
Every time it does, the DIS stops working, or works
v....e........r............r...............y......... s...........l..............o................w..........l...........y

(was that hard to read? Imagine it 100x worse and that's the DIS.)

I'm using MS Edge as a browser and have disabled Flash.
Same here right now and it is driving me crazy. I'll be in the middle of writing a post and the page automatically scrolls down to the ad section on its own!!!!

Is there a fix for this? Did I not get to it in this thread yet?? The page keeps auto-scrolling so much that I am giving up on looking right now!!!

Seems there's two solutions.
1. Install ad blocking software. Great. One more program running in the background slowly grinding your system to a halt.
2. Put up with it and visit the DIS less (which I'm doing. If a site is ticking me off, I'm less likely to visit it) or quit it altogether.

Seems there's two solutions.
1. Install ad blocking software. Great. One more program running in the background slowly grinding your system to a halt.
2. Put up with it and visit the DIS less (which I'm doing. If a site is ticking me off, I'm less likely to visit it) or quit it altogether.
I refuse to install yet another thing that will slow my computer down. Nope.

Seems like it's better on my phone than using the computer.

Install ad blocking software. Great. One more program running in the background slowly grinding your system to a halt.
I found my visits to DISboards were faster once I installed AdBlock Plus. Don't know how other blockers work, though.

OMG Yes!!!! EVERY time I would go on dis, the fan would go off and like you said, it was like a jet taking off. I goggled it and did the following and it stopped it.

go to Safari
Preferences
security
un-check "allow plug-ins"

This only started happening to me recently, and I thought I was going crazy because I kept hearing that weird voice too!!!!

anniemae posted this suggestion on another thread about this topic and it has worked wonders for me without having to install an ad blocker. I can browse The DIS just fine now. The instructions are for Safari but if you can figure out how to block plug-ins for whatever browser you're using, it's worth a try.

anniemae posted this suggestion on another thread about this topic and it has worked wonders for me without having to install an ad blocker. I can browse The DIS just fine now. The instructions are for Safari but if you can figure out how to block plug-ins for whatever browser you're using, it's worth a try.
Thanks for posting -- I'll try this tomorrow when back on my computer. Wondering if this will mess up any other sites, though.

Annoys me that I don't have this issue with ANY OTHER SITE... is this not something that DIS could fix?

Thanks for posting -- I'll try this tomorrow when back on my computer. Wondering if this will mess up any other sites, though.

Annoys me that I don't have this issue with ANY OTHER SITE... is this not something that DIS could fix?

On Safari, there is a button next to the "allow plug-ins" box that says "Manage website settings" where you can set it to only block plug-ins from disboards.com. That's what I did, just in case blocking all of them might affect other websites in a negative way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!