• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Activities outside WDW

evpceo

Earning My Ears
We will be staying in FW for several weeks next year. The vast majority of time will be spent inside the Happiest Place on Earth, but we expect to travel outside. First, what are the best places for food shopping, other shopping? What are some other neat activities/sightseeing that can be done in the area?

Both Universals

Sea World

Bush Gardens

the beach

charter fishing :banana:

party boat ,bottom fishing :banana:

Water Parks

We will be staying in FW for several weeks next year. The vast majority of time will be spent inside the Happiest Place on Earth, but we expect to travel outside. First, what are the best places for food shopping, other shopping? What are some other neat activities/sightseeing that can be done in the area?

Wow, that's gonna be tough! Spending the nights at the Fort and the days at DisneyLand! Some commute! Sorry, I couldn't resist. DisneyLand's moniker is the Happiest Place on Earth. Disney World is the Most Magical Place on Earth. But all that magic is sure to make you happy too!

Just ignore the jolly big guy :santa: , he's getting punchy from packing. Leaving for the Fort in 37 hours 15 minutes. :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :cool1: :banana:

I agree with Born 2 Fish, we always visit Universal, Seaworld and Busch Garden's when we are in Orlando.

If you are looking for things to do that take up just a few hours or don't cost as much then mini-golf is always fun. Congo mini-golf by the Sheraton is great fun and quite tropical feeling (you can almost forget your in the middle of Orlando). They also have gator there you can see and feed. Theres also Ripleys and Wonderworks that you can spend a few hours at. The everglades is also really neat to visit, airboats are so much fun.

Shopping wise I love Mall at Millenia which has lots of nice upmarket stores like Tiffanys, Gucci, Bloomingdales etc, or Florida Mall which is more high street.

I know I'm stating the obvious here...but just from our experience, some our best time spent at wdw has been simply relaxing at the Fort! We leave a few days open during the busier park days and just relax w/o any plans. :goodvibes

You could visit the Space Center, drive to the beach or visit the Everglades! Nice thing about the Orlando area is that there is no shortage of "things to do"! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter