ack, total newbie here, need hotel help!!

shmickdogs

Earning My Ears
Would love any feedback/advice!

We are going down in March, actually flying in to Sarasota where my parents have a condo and will drive up to the Orlando area. Thinking we will stay for a night or two in a hotel in that area. Kids aren't crazy into rides or characters, but we will definitely be doing Legoland and while we are up there, one other place, maybe Sea World?

So obviously we won't have to be right in a park hotel...would love a place with a great pool for kids, they would be happy to swim ALL day! That's probably the number one feature, a nice and fun one for the kids but not one that's SO huge that we lose sight of them (they are only 5 and 8).

My husband is a Starwood preferred guest if that makes any difference.

Thanks so much in advance, I know NOTHING about all of this!!!

nicole

I would first decide which park going to and pick area where t stay example WDW, US or Sea World. I want say Vistisa Villages close to Sea World/ US areas myself.

Would love any feedback/advice!

We are going down in March, actually flying in to Sarasota where my parents have a condo and will drive up to the Orlando area. Thinking we will stay for a night or two in a hotel in that area. Kids aren't crazy into rides or characters, but we will definitely be doing Legoland and while we are up there, one other place, maybe Sea World?

So obviously we won't have to be right in a park hotel...would love a place with a great pool for kids, they would be happy to swim ALL day! That's probably the number one feature, a nice and fun one for the kids but not one that's SO huge that we lose sight of them (they are only 5 and 8).

My husband is a Starwood preferred guest if that makes any difference.

Thanks so much in advance, I know NOTHING about all of this!!!

nicole

Hi Nicole! It definitely can be overwhelming!

There are so many choices. I think I would start on the SPG site if you can get any kind of discount. The sheraton vistana has some good reviews on this board but I personally have never stayed there

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/resorts/property/overview/index.html?language=en_US&propertyID=5608

We are going to stay at Windsor Hills on our next trip and are very excited about it. The rates are very low, and the service so far has been phenomenal.

We used this website to book.
www.vacationcentralflorida.com

Hope you find your special place! :cutie:

I think I would be tempted to stay in the Legoland area the first night then on to the Orlando area the second . Legoland is 45 minutes from the Disney/Seaworld area. Either that or go right to Orlando and stay two nights and visit Legoland on the way home. Reunion Resort has a nice waterpark feature but it would be about 20 min from Seaworld (toward Legoland). For Starwood, Vistanna is popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter