Accepted into a role I did not ask for

Simply stating my personal experience, I witnessed plenty of people who loved it to death. But like other roles, merch isn't pixie dust and rainbows for everyone.

Where did you work? I've never had any type of sales goal for merchandise in either place I worked at. I worked Backlands Merch in DHS and I also worked at the Food and Wine Festival in Epcot. Both places were pretty laid back about everything. The only thing we would have problems with was the CDS not doing rotations often enough. With outdoor carts, that can be a problem. And we had four different sections in our area, including Tatooine Traders (Star Wars store). None of them had any personal sales goals for cast members. I was unaware of even the area sales goals. Our managers always dealt with that.

I worked Backlands Merch too! In spring of 2010, and hopefully again this summer for the Alumni Program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter