• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

About Brazilian Tour Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

letyfrombrazil

Mouseketeer
If you like to send a complain, sugestion or critic about Brazilian visiting USA, please write to the Brazilian Foreign Relations Ministry :

Ministério das Relações Exteriores
Esplanada dos Ministérios - Bloco H
CEP: 70 170-900
Brasília-DF
Brazil

Or if you have any other problems with groups visiting Disney, make sure that you write down the name of the tour agency (and the tour guide if possible) responsible and complain direct to the Disney Co. Those groups are organized by people who make a lot of money doing this and they must prevent any misbehave and misunderstand envolving brazilians during their trip in your country.

Please stop this "anti-brazilian" movement on this boards before it goes to far. This is difamation and not all true. Yes, we came from different country, we have MANY cultural differences but we dont deserve this kind of treatment.

Thank you for you attention

The situation seems to have gotten better over the past few years, as WDW has become very proactive in working with the tour groups to identify inappropriate behaviours before they start. But regretfully there are still some pervasive problems with large, loud, rowdy groups.

They are not all Brasilian. On my last trip there was one from Argentina, and I've also run into them from Puerto Rico and Mexico. Regretfully, many terrible ambassadors from Brasil in past years gave tour groups from Latin America bad reputations. Most people from the US and Canada are unable to identify the difference between Portuguese and Spanish, let alone the various dialects of Spanish used in the various Latin American countries. Therefore the blame will almost always be put on Brasil, even if the groups is not Brasilian.

The information you provided is good, and I will certainly keep it for my records and use it should it be warranted to do so. But Brasilians need to understand that the terrible actions of many of their fellow countrymen and women in years past is going to take a long time to be forgotten. In the mean time they need to be excellent ambassadors of their country at all times. That will go a long way to mend broken relations.

Anne

Dear Lety,
Thank you for the helpful information. It is nice to know what to do when one is in such a situation.

I am sorry that you have felt put in a position to defend yourself and your people. It is such a challenge to navigate Disney World sometimes, and we are all trying to get where we are going and do what we plan to do. So whenever a large group is in front of me or passes me, I get a sinking feeling, but it isn't toward Brazilians. It really wouldn't matter if the group was a bunch of American cheerleaders(I don't know if you notice, but they have also been singled out lately), or people from any other country. Regardless, I can see why you feel like ALL people from your country has been maligned. I know that the tour groups that have offended do not represent all the people of Brazil, just as I hope that any "ugly" American abroad is seen as an ill-mannered person and not representing ME and everyone in the entire country.

Best wishes to you and yours. Hope you have a great trip to WDW in September!

Actually, the worst behavior I've seen in the parks is from the American teenaged cheerleaders and dance troupes. They behave irresponsibly, act with complete disregard for their surroundings, are incredibly noisy, and are flat out, downright rude.

When I encountered the Brazilian tour groups in July of 2001 they were nothing but polite and friendly. Even when I was run over by one member, she stopped helped me up and apologized profusely. The large number of them was intimidating, but that is the worst I can say about them and I saw them everyday all 8 days I was there! :D

The worst behaviour I've witnessed so far is from Americans and Canadians. I think what happens is whenever any large group gets together there tends to be a crowd mentality and it can impede on other's enjoyment of the parks. Doesn't matter what country the group is from. It can still can be annoying.

Sorry to break up the love fest with our friends from the south, but I have had nothing but bad experiences with Brazillian tour groups. I teach HS in the Chicagoland area and think I am pretty patient with teenagers, but they really push me to my limits.

Glenn

Gotta agree ... with Glennand Anne.

My worst experience, other than those that were self-imposed, was courtesy of a brazilian tour group (at Blizzard Beach) and Japanese tour Group (at Terminator:3D)

The Brazilian group ignored lines and comments to take their place in line at the chairlift almost inciting a riot and the Japanese group sat in the middle of seats of at four rows and refused to move to end even when asked several times citing ignorance. Both these events occurred Summer 2000. You know if we were at home ....

Im glad to report we've had no bad groups since even with cheerleaders at the All-Star during our 2001 stay!

And In case your wondering, I have had my share a loud, obnoxious Americans and Canadians too but nothing to make my blood boil as much as tour groups. Like the Ladies from Joi-see at the comedy warehouse, we sat next too last fall. Everything they suggested was had HEAVY sexual references and overtones and they were LOUD. Personally I didnt find it funny nor did the the Parents with the Little girl on the other side of us. But them people will be those people.

Gotta agree with Glenn, Ann and the Legend too.

I also have first hand experience with this behavior. We stay at the all stars in the spring and are always there with the Music groups. We expect kids to be kids and never have we ever had a bad word to say about any of them. Some are better behaved then others, some have better chaperons, but overall most kids are great. We've been there with the cheerleaders (my husband and son still gleem over that trip) and still, not a problem. You expect this at the all stars and you accept it. OK, teenage girls slaming the door next to our room one night, only because they were running in and out. My husband openned the door and asked them to keep it down, problem solved.

Summer of 2001, stayed at the all stars. There was a big group of So. Am. young girls. The yelling, pushing, rudeness was more than I could handle. But when my grandson, then 7, was waiting in line to get his autograph from a character and 4 of them shoved him aside so that they could be first. Lets say, I was the ugly American. Enough is enough. Waiting to get on the rides, the singing and chanting in line was so annoying/but this behavior continued onto the RIDES. Many times standing aside so that I was NOT on the great movie ride with this bunch and so on, with each and every ride. The buses at the all star, well, we had to avoid them unless you wanted a spliting headache. After that trip I swore off ever staying at the all stars in the summer again.

Well, I'm tryng to prepare myself because I will be at the Movies for 3 nights in July before moving to the contemporary for a week. I was told by the Movies manager that they do try to keep the groups at the Music and Sports and families at the Movies. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....after all it's only 3 nights.

Just my experience, but if it ever happens again, I will jot down the name of the group. I have spoken to CMs at the front desk and they sympathize with me, but that's about it.

I can imagine that American teens would be just as bad if they did their touring in large groups. Instead, we set our teens loose on the World. 4 or 6 of them at a time isn't normally a problem, but I can just imagine 50 cheerleaders on a ride at the same time!! I'm sure they would be loud & annoying.

I'm not nuts about tour groups, wherever they are from, but what can you do?

Originally posted by the Legend
And In case your wondering, I have had my share a loud, obnoxious Americans and Canadians too but nothing to make my blood boil as much as tour groups. Like the Ladies from Joi-see at the comedy warehouse, we sat next too last fall. Everything they suggested was had HEAVY sexual references and overtones and they were LOUD. Personally I didnt find it funny nor did the the Parents with the Little girl on the other side of us. But them people will be those people.

Not that I'm condoning some of my fellow Jersians behavior, (are you sure they were from Jersey--many from across the Bay/River are MUCH worse!) but that is the reason that LITTLE girls shouldn't BE IN PI!!! It's an adult place, that's why adult supervision is required after a certain time. I have no sympathy for the parents, and if they were that upset, they should have left. Would the parents take the kid to a bar at home? Probably not. Then why did they take her to one on vacation. Yes, it's Disney, but PI is MARKETED as a place for ADULT entertainment, which means it could get risque. If they don't approve of ADULT type entertainment, they don't have to go, and they definitely don't have to take their child. Besides, frankly she's probably seen or heard it at school anyhow.

Anne

Waiting to get on the rides, the singing and chatting in line was so annoying.

:eek: How absolutely awful!;)

Ok, maybe I'm missing something. Could you enlighten me as to what is so annoying about singing and chatting in line?

We ran into all kinds of annoying, pushy, rude guests at WDW on our last trip. Tour groups in general can be a pain simply due to their size, but it was individual guests and families that we found to be the most obnoxious. Singing and chatting would have been a pleasant change of pace.

When the singing and chanting is so loud that you CAN NOT hear the CM during the tour of the Great Movie Ride, I not only find that annoying, I find it incredibily rude to the CM who is trying to do their job. This happened on more than one ride/tour. After that we learned to avoid it. You should be able to hear the monologue during the ride. That is pretty loud and rude.

The problem with the singing and chatting is that it's obnoxiously loud! It's not singing, it's BELTING IT OUT AT THE TOP OF ONES LUNGS, and then those trying to chat have to shout to be heard over it.

Quiet singing wouldn't be a problem. It's singing with the intent to drown out all other noises and conversations, and that's simply rude.

It's a theme park, not de Cicero Pompeu de Toledo y la Estado Azteca.

Anne

Don't flame me because in no way do I condone rude and obnoxious behavior but....

Isn't it great we live in a country where those who choose to sing obnoxiously loud can do so? Would you want it any other way?

Sometimes I wonder if Singapore is on to something...

Anne

I've been around groups large and small- young and old and I have never been treated as rudely as I am EVERY trip I go as by stroller pushers. EVERY single trip either me, my husband, or one of my children go on, we get hit by one. UGHH!!! Slow down people walt disney has been here since 1971 and will stay here too. We have never went to disney at crowded times and never been there when our wait is more that 30 mins for anything, so there is really no need for that kind of hurry at those times.

OK, venting over, I can honestly say that even though it happens to us we ignore it and we dont ever let it bother our vacation, we make jokes ( wow honey, that was a 500 point hit, you deserve an icecream) about it and stay happy. I'm not going to spend all that money to relax and have fun on vacation and then let someone or someones :D ruined it for me and mine.
Sorry if I offend anyone....stay happy:p

I agree with Epcotlady, people pushing strollers think they have the right to mow everyone in their way OVER!

Let's face it we are all on vacation, what's the HURRY! Slow down and enjoy it. Most of us has seen Disney World more than once and will go back to see it again. Stop and smell the roses along the wayand enjoy your vacation.

Oh the can of worms is growing. :rolleyes:

I'm a very responsible stroller pusher (I have kids and it's Disney for crying out loud). It really cracks me up when I read about people complaining about strollers. As I've said before, I'm responsible and polite with the stroller. People have gotten hit by my stroller before but it's usually because they are so eager to cut in front of me that their ankle gets clipped by my stroller because I don't see them coming. Then the injured walker gives ME a look. I don't let it ruin my trip either. ;) As to any situation like this there really is no good answer. Do stroller pushers hurry because people are trying to get around us or do we slow down because we don't want people to think we are trying to mow through the crowds?

Originally posted by twinmomto3boys
Oh the can of worms is growing. :rolleyes:

I'm a very responsible stroller pusher (I have kids and it's Disney for crying out loud). It really cracks me up when I read about people complaining about strollers. As I've said before, I'm responsible and polite with the stroller. People have gotten hit by my stroller before but it's usually because they are so eager to cut in front of me that their ankle gets clipped by my stroller because I don't see them coming. Then the injured walker gives ME a look. I don't let it ruin my trip either. ;) As to any situation like this there really is no good answer. Do stroller pushers hurry because people are trying to get around us or do we slow down because we don't want people to think we are trying to mow through the crowds?

TwinMOM,

you took the words right out of my mouth. I guess I'm so considerate of others when I push my stroller that I go too slow and people try to cut in front of us. I even had one inconsiderate man actually fall on my son because he was in such a hurry to get to the Indiana Jones show and had to cut me off. Without even so much as an "is he ok" re: my 3 month old.

But tis true, we moved on and didn't think twice about it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter