ABD Backstage Magic 7/31 - 8/5/11

What an adventure getting to LA for you, Paula! Glad you finally made it and you can start relaxing and enjoying yourself with your mum.

I have to ask...is the charm bracelet one of the new retro SHAG designs? ("new retro" just sounds off...) I wanted one of the WDW bracelets, but never found them. Maybe the DL one will still be available... Yikes. I'm already awful and I'm not even there yet! :rotfl2:

I have to ask...is the charm bracelet one of the new retro SHAG designs? ("new retro" just sounds off...) I wanted one of the WDW bracelets, but never found them. Maybe the DL one will still be available... Yikes. I'm already awful and I'm not even there yet! :rotfl2:

You are not awful!! I was thinking the same thing! :laughing:

11 days!!!:yay: need to start packing!!! I used to be an over packer too, but Scott has beaten it out of me! I will be bringing an extra suit case for all of Scott's treasurers for Mickey's of Glendale:cool1::cool1::cool1:

:lmao: Great minds think alike!

Note to Disneyland...stock up before we ladies arrive if we are indeed talking about those charm bracelets... :rotfl:

Maybe after 4 ABD trips with the DIS they might be prepared?

:thumbsup2

I actually started packing today as I leave next Thursday (WOOHOO!). I organized all of my toiletries in my new hanging VB bag. I can't pack anything else yet. That'll happen next week. :banana:

Hmmm not sure what a retro SHAG is ... and that's all I'll say about that :rotfl2:

The charms are stylised representations of parts of IASW - people, hello/goodbye, buildings and animals - they are flat charms like small trading pins - about 24 of them or so.

We are checking out tomorrow morning to head north but hopefully will have internet along our travels. If not... see you real soon!

Eight days! Eight days! Eight days for me!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Anyone going to make ABD Chat on Thursday?

Im not closing tomorrow so I should be able to make it into chat!

However, next week not so much...

Looks like the last week before my vacation I spoke too soon. New guy we hired needs to be babysat 5am starts for me the whole week!

So, looks like I will be sleeping on the plane :)

Eight days! Eight days! Eight days for me!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Anyone going to make ABD Chat on Thursday?

We'll try...what time? We have to drive a kitty to a shelter south of where we live but should be able to get back and get dinner in time...probably. ;)

It was great to see so many of you in chat last night! We're getting closer!

ABD just called me to confirm a few things including birthday, emergency contact, etc. Not sure if anyone else will or did get a call, but I figured I'd let you guys know.

And be warned...

This was the perkiest woman I have ever talked to. :rotfl2:

It was great to see so many of you in chat last night! We're getting closer!

ABD just called me to confirm a few things including birthday, emergency contact, etc. Not sure if anyone else will or did get a call, but I figured I'd let you guys know.

And be warned...

This was the perkiest woman I have ever talked to. :rotfl2:

Did she ask how you prefered your lox? :lmao:

Hello again!! We are looking forward to meeting everyone and are getting revved up for our "Adventure". Just a thought, how about packing as little as possible and taking an empty suitcase; just in case you see something to bring back?? Second thought, maybe we should bring a change of clothes if we have room. Jerry & Loni

From the info we received, it looks like we can only bring one large suitcase. Anything else has to fit with us up on the bus. Called someone at ABD to confirm. Has anyone else heard differently?

Jen

Hi Folks,

ABD requests that you travel with one suitcase and one carry on bag / purse etc.

All of your luggage has to fit under the bus that takes you from Hollywood to Anaheim.

As there are 32 of you....that means a minimum of 32 suitcases traveling on board the bus.

You also have to take into account everything that will be purchased at MOG.

Now....you might not be "that" group that wipes out MOG, but the Dis groups have that reputation.

Some suggestions....

- a collapsible duffel in your suitcase for things you purchase

- if you have a Fed Ex account, bring some pre-printed shipping labels and ship stuff from the GC.

- a smaller suitcase packed inside a bigger suitcase on your way out to California.

We have seen (or done) all of the above and these things work.

Some other tips and tricks....

Your guides will amaze you and you will want to give them a gratuity. You will be provided with generic little envelopes but, nice little Thank You cards are tough to find in DTD. You might want to bring a couple with you.

Dress casually / comfortably. Even Club 33 allows park attire for the breakfasts. There is really no need for dressy / formal clothes.

Take your camera everywhere. You will be asked to give it up at Henson Studios and you will be asked to not use it in certain places....but bring it.

Your guides will take 100s (1000s???) of photos during your Adventure. They will also be happy to take photos with your camera. (There is nothing more fun than posing while the guides take photos with 30 cameras. ;))

The photos the Guides take will be placed on a photo CD and everyone will get that CD. Couples will get one copy. Guests in a room mate situation will each get a copy.

There is a Starbucks in the lobby of the Hollywood Renaissance. This is helpful when your Adventure day starts at 7:00am.

Your lunch with Marty Sklar will be on your last full day at the Wine Country Trattoria in DCA. Marty will sign things and pose for photos.

There are a bunch of great books that Marty has either authored, co-authored or written the forward. Most of these are available in DCA.

Some other ideas....you will receive an ID badge to get into Imagineering. Having that signed is pretty cool. Club 33 will provide a paper copy of their menu. Having Marty sign your lunch menu that day is also a great momento.

Please do not purchase the large art book "A Brush With Disney". Dreams Unlimited Travel will graciously provide each person with a personalized copy upon your return home. (yes, couples get two). In addition, it's a BIG, BEAUTIFUL (but HEAVY) book. Be glad you dont have to carry it with you.:)

Invariably, someone doesnt receive the photo CD or the book. Please do not get upset. Just let me know and this is easily rectified. But you have to let me know (Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com).

Be prepared to laugh, cry, be amazed etc,

Be prepared to come home with a whole new group of friends who shared this experience with you.

and finally......

Have an awesome time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter