ABD Backstage Magic 2/20 - 2/25/11 *** Close to Selling Out***

Mike, if DH and I end up going you can sit with me. ToT is not my favorite ride... I may actually be sitting out more than one LOL.

Back doored into Tower of Terror???? AWESOME! I'm there. Have you seen anything about being back doored onto California Screamin'? I LOVE that ride.

I haven't read about being back doored into California Screamin', but the TR I read did mention that they did a group ride on that too.

For the record, I won't go on this one either ... unless Bob Iger is sitting next to me.

We were not offered California Screamin' in April as a backdoor opportunity, but I will say if offered the Nemo subs backdoor again this time, (after the 'bottoming out issue' in April), I will politely decline!

We were not offered California Screamin' in April as a backdoor opportunity, but I will say if offered the Nemo subs backdoor again this time, (after the 'bottoming out issue' in April), I will politely decline!

Awe - that was the best part :rotfl2:

For the record, I won't go on this one either ... unless Bob Iger is sitting next to me.

Anything else you won't ride? I've only been out there once so I can't remember what else might be out of the question. They have a Big Thunder Mountain, right? Will you ride that?

Anything else you won't ride? I've only been out there once so I can't remember what else might be out of the question. They have a Big Thunder Mountain, right? Will you ride that?

I'll ride Big Thunder (adore it) and the Matterhorn. Space Mountain at Disneyland is THE BEST Space Mountain in the WORLD. I won't ride that Maliboomer thing, which should be gone by February.

Oh, and I also have to be in a good mood to ride Splash Mountain. :scared1:

I'll ride Big Thunder (adore it) and the Matterhorn. Space Mountain at Disneyland is THE BEST Space Mountain in the WORLD.
Oh, and I also have to be in a good mood to ride Splash Mountain. :scared1:

Space Mountain there is definitely the best.

I think it might be to cold to ride Splash Mountain while we are there. I really like it but if it's in the 60's during the day I'm not walking around in wet clothes

I think I'm game for all the rides at DL and DCA, except getting wet.
I don't even remember Mailboomer...

Reading all of these has gotten me even more excited for the parks part of the trip! It's really stirred up how much I love DL. pixiedust:

I don't even remember Mailboomer...

Maliboomer is the ride that shoots riders up and down a tower. It's set to close next month.

Another great ride at DCA is Grizzly River Run rapids, but it might be too cold for that one as well.

Reading all of these has gotten me even more excited for the parks part of the trip! It's really stirred up how much I love DL. pixiedust:

I'm the same way. I've only been to DL once for 3 days in June 2008 and I was under the weather and on antibiotics while we were there. So I'm excited to go back and see everything and ride some of those rides! I'm thinking about staying around a little while on Friday to absorb a little more time in Disneyland since I don't know when I'll be back again.

I booked some tentative flights, arriving Saturday morning and returning on Friday noon. I'm still debating it, and have until Tuesday to "buy" the tickets.

The flights from DFW on American actually went up about $5 today. I can't decide if I should buy or wait a little while and see if they go down. I really don't want to fly Southwest because the airport is further away and you can't fly from Dallas Love Field direct unless it is within the state or a bordering state.

Have considered asking Kevin to get me rates for a Saturday evening stay so I could come in the day before. But haven't done it yet.

Thanks Kevin! You're good.

If I booked that through ABD they would provide my transpiration from the airport, right? Even though it's a day early? Also do we need to be prepared to tip the drivers or is that taken care of? I know we need to tip the tour guides.

We are arriving Saturday also as Kevin secured a room for us Saturday night. That Kevin is such a good guy.:thumbsup2

Bannermouse

When you arrive a few days early or stay a few days after (and you don't book the extra stay thru ABD) then you need a other way of transportation to and from the airport.

Here is some information about shuttle companies.
It's cheap!!!!

I have used them myself when i was at UCLA and i have used them a few times.
From LAX to UCLA
From DL to LAX to UCLA
http://www.supershuttle.com/Default.aspx

and there is also this one but i never used these.
http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/

I hope this info helps!!!

I think I would like to try all the rides; now Rose will almost surely not ride all of them. By the way, this will be our first visit to Disneyland. Maybe with everyone's help, we can talk her into riding Space Mountain (she hasn't ridden Space Mountain in WDW in many years). I agree is it to cool/cold that I wouldn't ride the water rides. Hopefully, one of the days we are in Disneyland, it will warm up a little.

Bannermouse

I went on the Supershuttle site you mentioned. It looked pretty neat and we probably will use it when we leave on Saturday, Feb. 26th. Thanks for the info!

Bannermouse

$300+ a night for the Renaissance Hollywood seems kind of high to me. I've been checking prices and, although promotional rates for February 2011 have not yet been released, it still seems high.

Besides the point, I don't know if I want to be in Hollywood that night. LOL. I've always wanted to visit the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, so I might drive up there. I am renting a car when I arrive.

Another option might be to visit Universal, which I have not been in a long time.

Kevin, am I safe to assume that I can get picked up by ABD on Sunday morning, even if I am not arriving that very same morning on a plane?

Ah ... decisions, decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter