Aaa?

mickeys friend

DIS Veteran
I know that Disney has a set amount of room for AAA.My question is:Is the AAA rate the same as if I called Disney myself asking for the AAA rate?The AAA rate was open for my travel dates but its not the same amount (several hundred dollars lower) from when I called Disney,to what the travel agent told me.I had checked to make sure everything was the same (dates,room type,number of people,room only,etc)and I know that the agents amount was without the insurance.Just wondering if there's a extra charge I wasn't aware of if I used a travel agent.My understanding was,(room only case)that the agent and I should have the same price with the AAA discount.I didn't call to check up on the price that I had been given,but,I had to call Disney anyway and when I asked,I was surprised.I know the agent did not do anything to make my rate higher and to some people a few hundred dollars doesn't sound like something to check into,but,most of us need all the help we can get,(code,AP's,AAA,etc).Just wondering,haven't been able to take to the agent yet.Any help would be great.P.S Travel agent has bent over backwards for us and I do not think that she told me different on purpose.Who knows,maybe she's right and Disney is wrong,won't be the first time.To be honest,Disney and travel agents both do their very best.I;am sure the amount she gave to was what she was told.So has anyone else came across this?

Some travel agents are now adding a fee to book rooms because they are not getting as much $$ from the resorts. Not sure if this is the case, but this time I was going to book our vacation solo but I came up with the exact same price as my agent so we went through her.

AAA rates should be the same no matter who makes them. I just looked into a one night with AAA and it is the same my agent came up with. I would just go with whatever is lower and see if maybe the agent included tax or some other "extra". :confused3

Good luck!

I called AAA and asked how much it would be for moderate standard room for 2 adults for 6 nights. They said it was about $870. I called Disney and asked for AAA rate and they said $843. I don't know why there was a difference. I ended up doing a package with tickets. I probably could have saved $20 if I didn't book a package through AAA but oh well figured we'll get a few discounts at some restaurants.

Side note - I always prefer making my AAA reservations with Disney directly because I can ask for a particular room, etc. AAA doesn't seem to have that service (at least as far as I know, I could be wrong here - I've only done AAA online).

K

When I called AAA to make ressies she quoted me rack rate! So I called Disney and applied the AAA discount and it saved me 250.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter