AAA room only ???

2gr8DisneyKids

DIS Veteran
So I am still debating in my head weather to book AAA like in the past or through Disney directly this time.

If I call Disney I know I can get the AAA room only rate, but does that mean:
1. I cannot add a DDP
2. I will not get ME
3. I cannot add park tickets
b/c then it would be a package, right?

TIA!!! I just want to clarify before I book.

If you book directly through Disney and want to get all of those things, you need to book a package and won't get the AAA rate.

To get the AAA discount and all that stuff, you must book through your AAA travel agent.

You can book a room only with a AAA discount through WDW and still get ME. That doesn't make it a package. ME is available to everyone staying onsite whether they reserved just a room or purchased a package.

You could purchase your tickets online through the WDW website or purchase them at the concierge desk when you get there without making it a package. If you book the tickets through the CRO along with your room, it does become a package and therefore ineligible for the AAA discount. You would have to book through AAA for that.

You cannot add on the dining plan without booking through an agent. To add the DDP, you must purchase at least one day tickets for everyone in your party, combined with your room ressie. That does make it a package and means you must book through a AAA agent or give up the AAA discount.

So now that I have everything straight...

Can someone pm me with the name and contact info for a AAA agent that is really good and loves Disney as much (maybe more) than we do?

The past couple of times we have used AAA the agent I had was very nice, but was not that familiar with the latest things going on at the park and hotels, particularly renovations, etc. We live in Canada, but have both US and Canadian accounts and can use either AAA or CAA...

Thank you all again!!! :worship::worship::worship:

You can book a AAA room only through Disney AND add tickets and NOT make it a package. Just make sure to tell the CM you want KTTW tickets, not a MYW package. You will have to pay for the tickets in full at the time you add them.

You can book a AAA room only through Disney AND add tickets and NOT make it a package. Just make sure to tell the CM you want KTTW tickets, not a MYW package. You will have to pay for the tickets in full at the time you add them.
That's exactly what we did for our December reservation, however we didn't purchase any tickets.

And if you're not buying tickets as part of a MYW package, there's no reason not to use a ticket discounter. Why not save a few bucks along the way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter