A year of sadness

FantasticFour

The Great White North
This has been a very hard year for my family. I have lost my father-- a dramatic decline into dementia following a heart attack. I am only glad that he passed before my children came to see grandpa as someone other than the cool guy he was before dementia stripped him of who he was. My DH lost his brother, who had been closer to him than a father. This loss was less than one week after my dad passed and without warning. Then, DH lost one of his oldest and dearest friends two months after. My MIL is nearing her end at 99 but over the year has already been lost to us, living her life in another world. And, on Saturday, I will have to say good bye to my dog. I feel silly that this has brought forth so many tears. I am sure that many are for those we have grieved already this year. But, some are just for him. He is 18 and was with me before DH and the kids. He was at my side when I left my abusive first husband-- having saved me more than once. He was with me when I left my home, my job... everything and started fresh in a new city where my ex couldn't find me. He curled beside me day after day as I was trapped in bed on bedrest during my pregnancies... running to get DH if I needed him. We have lost much this year. We leave on a DCL vacation in a week and put off saying farewell to our dog as long as we could. He is suffering kidney failure, but still wags his tail when I come near. I feel guilt that he might have had an extra week if we weren't going away, but also know that the last few weeks have been more about keeping him with us than about doing what is best for him.
Too many losses. I guess that I just needed to say that. I am blessed to have my DDs and DH and a rich full life that wouldn't be nearly as enriched without those who left us this year.

I am sorry to read about this year of sadness.......hopefully you can start a new beginning on your cruise....just try to relax and make some beautiful memories..

I am so sorry to hear everything you've been going through. We have also had a bad year and I just wanted you to know that there are others out there who understand.

I hope you are able to enjoy yourselves on your trip. I know that it seems like it will be hard, but hopefully you'll have a good time and begin the next year with good memories.

I hope things get better for you.

We also had the worst year of our lives this year and I can't wait for 2009 and hope it brings better things.

I want to thank those who posted. Sometimes the compassionate voice of a stranger rings out loud and true.

We said goodbye to our darling dog, Pooka, this afternoon. To say that he was loved is an understatement.

We will hold each other close and move forward to a year that we pray is peaceful.
M

I'm so sorry for all yor losses this year. Prayers, hugs and wishes for an immediate upswing for you and your family. :grouphug:

I am so very, very sorry for all your losses. :hug: I hope that you have many happy days ahead of you and wonderful memories of those you have lost.

Jill

I am so sorry to hear about all of loss. Although it may not seem like it now, you will be blessed with the strength to get through this and it will make you a stronger person because of it. You and your family will be in my prayers. :grouphug:

Prayers you find peace, as you give your furry loved one peace.
I can relate to the losses. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter