A warning for Brits re the E111

:goodvibes :goodvibes Just found out that there is a small charge £2 for "check and send" type service just like the passport forms - but -you do not need to get them checked. I'm getting ours today with any luck (our local Crown Post Office can be very busy with queues out of the door and it's very large inside) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by next week we will be sorted out :teeth: ;)

That's a relief! The woman in the PO was adamant that they were going to have to charge although we both thought it was odd that they should do so. I think they charge too much for these things -£2 just to check a tiny form and stamp it. That's ridiculous. Still, glad I posted it if it got everyone sorting them out!

:goodvibes :goodvibes You gave us all the motivation to get the forms done thanks Nik!It will be a weight off many minds!! :goodvibes :goodvibes Thanks again from Wifey :lovestruc

:goodvibes :goodvibes I"ve gone and done it!!Got the form today after queueing for 20 mins at the local post office it was so easy, after all that worry the new form for the European Health Insurance card they told me I needed the "family form" all I had to do was put in my own details then DH and DS (who I know the nhs number for) for us I put in my NI number and DH's NI number , then sent off the form in a pre addressed envelope with a 1st class stamp and the cards should take 21 days to be sent to us!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Right Folks UPDATE

Took E111 form that we were given last week back to the post office.
That form is no longer valid. As from 1st Sept there is a new form which you have to fill in and send off yourself (rather like a passport ) you can get the form checked at the post office counter but they charge £2. If you prefer you can just send the form off yourself and that costs nothing ,other than a stamp.
You then have to wait at least 3 weeks for your card to arrive, in other words no more popping into the post office last minute to get your form stamped. Glad we are not going in the next month, it would cause a problem in the time frame

My lovely little blue card arrived a couple of weeks ago. I much prefer it to the annoying paper form as I can just keep it with my other cards in my wallet! It's strange, though, because Claire and I both filled out the E111 at the same time (before we went to DLRP in June) and hers hasn't arrived yet. Hmmmm... I definitely remember ticking the box for both of us to get the cards!

Dee8197 said:
Right Folks UPDATE

Took E111 form that we were given last week back to the post office.
That form is no longer valid. As from 1st Sept there is a new form which you have to fill in and send off yourself (rather like a passport ) you can get the form checked at the post office counter but they charge £2. If you prefer you can just send the form off yourself and that costs nothing ,other than a stamp.

But if we filled out the form and took it to the post office and had it stamped before 1st Sept - then that's still valid right? We don't need a new one? We just replace the paper with the cards when they arrive, but for trip next week the paper will still do?

That's right. Your E111 is valid until you get your card. I think Dee means she took a form from the post office last week and if she had returned it for stamping by 31 Aug it would have been OK. As it is now after 1st Sept she had to complete a different form.

Thanks Elaine for answering missji71, I have not been able to get on the board for a couple of days. You are right.

Our DS is 20 and needed his own form although he still lives at home. We had our E111 sorted for our trip in July, but our son needed one too because he is coming with us at Christmas. If I had handed his form in before Sept 1st it would have been OK.
The Post mistress has now given me a form for DS and another for ourselves. Our E111 covers us until next July but she said to fill them all in now so that we get the cards too.

Thanks for clearing that up! I do worry about these things....!!

Just to let you know ours came in the post just under 3 weeks after sending the form off, one card each with our individual details on so we are sorted out no more worries, Wifey. :goodvibes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter