A very special garden...

NHMickey

<font color=red>I'm A Disneyana Collector!<font co
I made this garden today... My wife and I lost the last two of our cats over the last 3 weeks to old age (19 and 16). And decided that we wanted them to have a pleasant place to rest. You can't see it from these shots but the yellow violets form a Mickey Head...

I do have a few questions on it though...

Here is what I started with.

garden10.jpg

Here is what I have now. The edge brick is not staying as I'm going use small black edgeing...

garden33.jpg

Question 1... In the front I put Ivy and was wondering if it should be mulched or just let it fill in?

Question 2... We are going to put a small bird bath in the middle and I was thinking a small one with a samll stand. But I saw one today that just sits in the garden. Has anyone ever used one of these? Do you tend to attract small animals with it like chipmunks?

Nat that is one beautiful garden :) A fitting place for both of your long time friends.
We have a bird bath and have not had any trouble with little critters.

Beautiful, just beautiful. I like the feeders that lay on the ground, and it's ok if other critters take a drink.

Nat, it is beautiful. I have never used one of the low to the ground bird baths, but looking at the layout of the garden think it would be more pleasing to the eye than a traditional one. As for question #1 what is ivory?

Wow! I really like it. You worked hard on that! And I think I do see the Hidden Mickey. Yellow head and blue ears, right? Or is my imagination getting away with me?

What a wonderful tribute to two long time friends. I got a lump in my throat when I read your post.

It is a charming addition to your (already) very nice garden area. Good job!

What a beautiful tribute to your kitties. I'm sorry you lost them, but this is a great way to remember them.

No answers to your questions, sorry to say.

that is a beautiful garden..sorry about the loss of your kitties..:(

A beautiful resting place for your beloved pets.

Looking forward to see more pic's as the season progresses.

As to the Ivory :confused: I do not know what this is. Could you be referring to Ivy.

If so, yes you can put a thin layer of mulch on the soil. Ivy can be very invasive. If not controlled it will over run your flower gardens.

Thank you... Yes I ment Ivy. Yes I figure I will spend a lot of time cutting back... Thank you for the hint...

Nat,

I see the hidden Mickey made of violets. :) Aren't you the one who has hidden Mickeys spread throughout your garden???

I have the perfect birdbath for that garden. It is Mickey and Minnie - I have had it for years though - not sure it is still available.

Your garden is beautiful - what a peacful place.

I had my 18 year old poodle creamated and he is sitting in the rubbermaid looking container in the living room. I was not sure what to do with him - but this garden is the perfect place and such a great idea. You are inspiring me to find a nicer resting place for my best friend.

Darlene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter