a very sad update.

Octoberbabiesrus

DIS Veteran
It is with a heavy heart that I come here today. I asked prior for prayers for a friend's baby, Avie. If you recall, D rolled on Avie and smothered her. It was with medical intervention the baby was still alive.

It has been made known that, the courts apparently granted the permission to remove Avie from life support. She passed away last night. 2 1/2 month old. Very tradgic.

All of the news I have now seen is new to me. I am soooo saddened and upset that S & D had so many issues and never asked anyone for help.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20080701/COLUMN01/807010599/1006/RSS01&source=rss

http://www.telegram.com/article/20080701/NEWS/807010688/1006/RSS01

I am so very sorry.:hug:

Reading those articles has left me so very sad, and I knew no one involved. I am almost speechless..So tragic.:hug:

I knew her, but didnt really know her...and I find myself crying over a baby I never met. Only knew her mom from my boards. Is this normal? I hugged my baby prolly 1000000 times today. Told him and my older son how much I love them. Its sooo tragic

This is very tragic. It seems that the father fell asleep so soundly that he suffocated the baby. The article also says that the day before, police were called because the father had fallen asleep in the car (while it was parked, I assume) and the children were crying.

Generally, when tragic incidents like this occur, it's because the parent was drunk or on drugs. But according to the newspaper account, "They have found no indication that drugs or alcohol were involved." I'm wondering if the father had some sort of medical condition causing him to fall asleep suddenly -- maybe narcolepsy or sleep apnea.

I hope this serves as a wake-up call: If you have young children in your care and may have an illness that could suddenly incapacitate you, it needs to be checked out. It appears this happened in the UK, so paying for medical care shouldn't have been the problem.

So sad and I am pretty strong, I could not read the whole article. I started, but could not read it. Maybe because I am a Nana now and it broke my heart.. I could not imagine what this family is going through never mind the father...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter