A Very British Trip Report - May 2009 - Day 16 & Summary

Well done Kev, another wonderful tale. An immeasurable sadness that we couldn't make it, however reading your reports has all but transported me to the scene - minus the hangover though!

As the song goes we'll meet again, and I am sure that some time we'll reprise our holidaying:thumbsup2

Hope you had as much fun in glastonbury as i did!! Great holiday report and pictures, best i have read on here.

Just wandering why you decided to just do disney parks across the two weeks, i could nt imagine a orlando holiday without universal or seaworld! Was anyone in your group tempted to jump into a taxi to ride dueling dragons or say hi shamu?

Just wandering why you decided to just do disney parks across the two weeks, i could nt imagine a orlando holiday without universal or seaworld! Was anyone in your group tempted to jump into a taxi to ride dueling dragons or say hi shamu?

Well, the original plan was for the first 3 nights to be spent in a Universal hotel. Unfortunately things at work have been a bit touch and go and so we couldn't justify the additional £600 it would have cost the 4 of us for rooms and tickets.
We haven't actually spent two weeks on site for many years, so we thought we would give it a try.

Kev

Hi Kev,

Haven't had chance to comment on your reports but have enjoyed reading them.

You say something that really rings true for many at the moment, regarding future trips and when we will get the chance to go again 'money' etc
It's become more and more expensive, I suppose many of us have been very lucky to go so often and that's something to be grateful for.

Glad you had a good time. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us - I have enjoyed it so much! :)

Great trippie..I enjoyed every minute of it. Like they say....all good things come to an end eventually. You have some great memories though.

Thanks for your trip report Kev, they're an entertaining read, the accompanying photo's are fantastic also - I know what you're saying about expense, Disney holidays are not the cheapest; but the happy expressions amongst all your family members show that it is money well spent.

Roll on 2011!

She says something along the lines of ‘Fate brought us together and I cherish the day you all came into my life’. I can see she has tears welling up in her eyes and look around to see Grandma starting to cry as well. Oh lord, Tam and the girls are at it as well now!
Now come on, Kev - fess up. I heard you got through a 3-pack of super-absorbent kitchen roll. :sad::sad::sad:

we won’t have any DVC points available until 2011 at the earliest

We also missed our good friends Deb and Matt. In happier times they would have been with us.

2011 is, of course, "the big one" - your 25th wedding anniversary, the girls' 21st and 18th birthdays respectively, and my 50th. I think we need to start making plans now. At least it would give me something to look forward to, even if it does seem like a long way off at the moment. :thumbsup2

And, Susan, Oklahoma is always at the forefront of our minds. Just as soon as we can somehow rustle up the requisite funds, I promise you we'll be there.

A great read, as always, Kev. Having had the good fortune and privilege to holiday with you on several occasions, I can quite literally say that I felt as though I was there with you every step of the way. :goodvibes

Kev, read and enjoyed (yet again) your trip reports, each and every day - although I do have to go back and look at the pictures now as I read them at work and, for some reason, can't viw them there.

How very lucky you are that you got to share your holiday, once again, with some wonderful people and, as I said to Susan last night, I hope our next trips to the World manage to coincide again - I feel another Jellyrolls trip coming on

I have to say that you are without doubt the only person who can make me laugh out loud, quite hysterically at times, through a trip report.

Your family are beautiful and you all look so happy to be together and I thoroughly enjoy reading you reports.

I look forward to reading many more in the future, oh, and i'm with you on the pixies ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter