A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

I was able to get us, Big Thunder Mountain, Barnstormer, & Space Mountain Fast Passes.

Excellent work for a last minute switch.

Morgan was tired at this point in teh trip and wasn't too excitied about dragging a suitcase across the resort. Andy was crabby and argueing with Morgan. And Morgan argued back. it was delightful.

Oh, that delightful point in the family vacation where everyone is overtired and crabby.

It sounds like you had a nice morning enjoy The Poly. Those nachos look phenomenal!

Oh my gosh... I am so far behind!!

Morgan wanted to do bunny ears on Andy on the way down but it didn't work out so great... Not sure what Andy and Gwen are doing..
Love Gwen dabbing!
Although, it wasn't the happiest cruise. We had a family behind us who were so rude! They had two rows and just kept talking about how this ride was terrible and how it was a waste of a fast pass. And then the guys in the 3rd row tried to splash the family members in the 2nd row. And instead got US wet! It was truely annoying and probably the first out right TERRIBLE family expierence we have ever had.
Whati s wrong with some people? If you are going to be that rude and cranky, don't go to Disney!
Gwen was SUPER excitied about finding a midden Mickey!!!
Cutie!
Myers’s Original Dark Rum and Tropical Fruit Juices served in a fresh Pineapple topped with Goslings 151 Rum
The Lapu Lapu! So good!
Love Lapu Lapus!
We were trying to get Gwen to eat, and she was just not having it. Typical Hangry Gwen.. The waiter did offer her chicken fingers and french fries and she said she wanted that instead.
Oh that face!!!
Ohana Bread Pudding à la mode
topped with Caramel Sauce and Bananas
This seemed like a small portion for 4 people, but... it really wasn't. we were so full already that we didn't need much. I don't think I really ate that much. I think Andy and Morgan polished most of it off between the two of them.
That is a tiny piece. Bill and I got almost three times that much last week and I ate well over 1/2 of it!
After dinner, we headed out to find our new room. I ended up booking a DVC room with our Annual Passholder discount, it was cheaper than a standard room at the Poly. So, I figured we would give it a try!
nice!
So, I showed them the pull down bed which Gwen wanted to sleep in again. But of course so did Morgan.
Always the way....
heavenly! Caribean beach had the wall mount ones. Which I am honestly ok with but take so much joy in the little bottles.
We had the wall mounted at AKL. When we moved to Copper Creek I was so excited to see the individual ones again
We actually had (2) balcony's to our room.
How? Did the room go across the building?
So, I wanted to say in my last post, that the switching of hotels was super easy. The hardest part is packing us back up and dragging the suitcases down to bell services. I know we could have them pick them up in the room, but I just didn't want to wait. But having them move the bags to the next resort was super helpful, for sure and we had no issues.
Same for us last week, it was so convenient!
There was no wait at BTM, as Morgan and Gwen requested the back. They also wanted Casey to ride with them.
Sweet!
After that, Casey had requested we go see the Country Bears. But when we got over there, they had just started a show. So, someone suggested Pirates instead. Gwen hates this ride but said she still wanted to sit with the kids.
How cute are those girlies together??
We decided to ride the People Mover first. As any good Dis-folk should!
It is a must!
Gwen and Casey danced it up a bit.

While Morgan didn't want to have anything to do with it!
Morgan is growing up.....
I had made us a breakfast reservation for this morning. I figured we would need to eat breakfast and it would be easy enough to get to Kona since we were right there. Plus at this time of year, the pools didn't open till 10:00, so I figured we had time. I think we had a 9AM reservation but last night Andy suggested we push it back a bit. I was able to push it back till 9:30.
I love eggs benedict and this didn't disapoint. Although these were not so amazing that I NEED to go back for them again. I would probably go back for the Smoked Salmon. I also remember this differently, but that was MANY years ago. The Hollandaise Sauce was very light and heavy on the citrus flavor, which I could have done with out. The Pulled Pork and turkey has was really nice, and kind of nice to not have the English Muffin bottom, which I sometimes find hard to cut through.
It looks so good!
After I snapped a few photos, Andy and I got in the water with the girls as well. We swam till lunch time, and I ran into Capt'n Cooks to get us something for lunch. We decided to split 2 flat bread pizzas between the 4 of us.
Perfect!
While I was inside ordering, some came up to me and said I reconize you. And I TOTALLY didn't realize she was talking to me! She said it again, and I realized she was in fact talking to me. Turns out she reads here on the dis and reconized me from my trip reports! I was so thrown off by it, I didn't even know what to say! And I feel terrible, as I didn't ask her name or anything. I do remember that she said she had just gotten in. So, If you are who I met that day, please let me know who you are!!! It was so surreal! It was great to meet you!!!!!
That's cool!
It took awhile to find someone to snap the photo but we got it.
Love this picture!
And then it was time for dinner! We decided to split up, with me taking the girls to get Pizza at Blaze and Andy & I a burger from D'lux Burger. And Andy wanted to grab drinks from the takeout window at Homecomin'. By now it was raining harder, so we tried to take cover under the awnings from store to store.
Oh oh!
It was about 11:00 when we left, I was hoping for 10, but it was what it was. We again, decided to drag our bags down ourselves. This time IT DID NOT go well. Morgan was tired at this point in teh trip and wasn't too excitied about dragging a suitcase across the resort. Andy was crabby and argueing with Morgan. And Morgan argued back. it was delightful.
We all have those times as parents....never fun!
We decided to eat at Capt'n Cooks as I wanted to get the nachos from here!
Those nachos are yummy!

Well that was lots to catch up on! Looks like a fun VIP event... good thing you guys decided to brave it and go. Always nice when you can visit dis friends and the kids can make a new friend.

Love the downtime at the Poly. Definite bonus that the weather cooperated on your pool day.

And I just had to say tat I didn't see the hei hei cone last week... I actually looked for it too.

I was able to get us, Big Thunder Mountain, Barnstormer, & Space Mountain Fast Passes.
Pretty good for day of!!!! Good to know that changing plans isn't the end of the world FP wise

So, Morgan had warm pizza for breakfast. She is very much against cold pizza.
I'm so with Morgan on this one. I like my hot food hot and my cold food cold and nothing inbetween

ome suggested putting in 7AM as our arrival time, maybe it was @Cloe Colton? But it was nice to know we could have technically just move over to the new room right then!
I'll have to try this and see if it works. We have never once gotten a room ready text!!!

We all swam a little. Andy and I wanted to try out the hot tub there as well. The hot tub here is amazing!!! it is like a little infinity pool and felt private even though it was right next to the main pool. Only problem it was full of KIDS!
Oh I loved this hot tub too and then the children descended upon it! I wouldn't let Casey in and she was not happy that other kids were in there

Macaroni and Cheese
Gwen went with the Mac n Cheese with French Fries, casue those two items go together...
Lunch of champions!!!

Pulled Pork Nachos
And I had the nachos!!! YUM!!!
Pulled Pork Nachos
topped with Onions, Cheese, Spicy Mayo, Tomatoes and Pineapple Salsa

This was so good! The pulled pork on it was really good and the pineapple salsa worked really well with it. My only complaint, I had a little too much cheese sauce but I am sure that varies greatly as they plate them. it hit the spot for sure!
Oh these are some of my favorites. I was so kicking myself for not getting them on this trip. We walked through Poly a dozen times just never when we were hungry

I know your time at the Poly was short, but it seemed like you guys really made the most of your time there. Hit up most of the eateries, took full advantage of the pool, and utilized the transportation access. Not going to lie, seeing your photo of the Aloha Pork Slider and the pool made me really miss the resort!
I def think we tried to get the best of the resort. We did decide that one more night would have been better. It really did feel like we were never there. But I also decided that I don't think I will do a triple split again. Too much unpacking and repacking. 1 transfer will be enough for me, I think!

Yeah I think that was me! haha glad it worked out for you guys!! Its always nice when you know your room is waiting for you instead of trying to kill time.
That kind of stuff is what I love about reading everyones trip repots... speaking of which, I think I am getting a new camera for my birthday from Andy today, I mentioned the 2 that you you and your sister got. So, we will see!

Glad you enjoyed more time at the pool and a had a nice (if not slow) lunch!
Sometimes counter service is just the way to go! Fast and Easy!

I'm now caught up with this report, and the Poly is officially on my list of places I want to stay sometime!
It is great and def a place to stay at least once! I think. I think the Yacht Club stole our love as favorite resort when we were there in May but the Poly was great!

Another fun pool morning! It's making me miss our NYE Poly trip!!
I just love the vibe you get when you are there. It's hard to explain.

Oh, that delightful point in the family vacation where everyone is overtired and crabby.
I know, it happens every trip. Thankfully it was short lived.

Love Lapu Lapus!
I had all intentions of getting another one the next day from the bar, but forgot all about it.

That is a tiny piece. Bill and I got almost three times that much last week and I ate well over 1/2 of it!
Glad to know that it was a small piece. Granted we didn't need any more than that! But sometimes just looking at a giant piece makes it more special.

We all have those times as parents....never fun!
I know. Thankfully it was short lived,

I can’t wait to have the pulled pork nachos again, yum!
So, good! The nachos at the Yacht Club bar were really good as well! I know you will be back there soon! I will def be getting them again.

I'm glad you liked them and I will not tell you how many orders of them I ate in one day last week :rolleyes1 I will tell you it is my goal to eat them again without fail in September lol!
DEF!!!!! I am still made I didn't get them the trip before this when we had dinner outside at Trader Sams'.

And I just had to say tat I didn't see the hei hei cone last week... I actually looked for it too.
Bummer. Although I am not surprised. It seemed to take awhile to make one and was backing up the line a bit.

Oh these are some of my favorites. I was so kicking myself for not getting them on this trip. We walked through Poly a dozen times just never when we were hungry
Sometimes, that is just how it works. There are a few things I have yet to still try just becasue I haven't been hungry when we were around it.

Oh I loved this hot tub too and then the children descended upon it! I wouldn't let Casey in and she was not happy that other kids were in there
We let the girls go in if there are already other kids. BUT they have to behave, no playing in the hot tub, sitting only. And no heads under the water. Gwen loves the hot tubs. Morgan usually passes. When we went to Myrtle Beach the one hotel had literally 10 or 15 hot tubs around the hotel. And there were babies in these hot tubs! So, there I didn't care, my kids were the most well behaved of the whole place. Gwen found her love of hot tubs then.

I'll have to try this and see if it works. We have never once gotten a room ready text!!!
I just double checked my check-in info for the Yacht Club half of our trip. The earlier we can get in the room the better, as that will be a swim day for us.

While I was packing us up, I got our room text for our last room! Some suggested putting in 7AM as our arrival time, maybe it was @Cloe Colton? But it was nice to know we could have technically just move over to the new room right then!

Oo great tip. I'll have to remember this if online check-in ever starts working again for our October trip.

There were 2 showers and they had the wall shampoo and conditioners, so I made the girls taek full showers! it was literally the best use of those wall shampoo.

Wow that's really nice!

Gwen went with the Mac n Cheese with French Fries, casue those two items go together...

:rotfl: they are two staples in my diet lol!

And I had the nachos!!! YUM!!!
Pulled Pork Nachos
topped with Onions, Cheese, Spicy Mayo, Tomatoes and Pineapple Salsa

I wish I had these right now!!

Long time no Write!!!!

I am sorry that I have haven't updated in awhile. I usually update on Saturday mornings, and well, we just haven't had any lazy Saturday mornings of late! I was hoping to finish this before we leave, which is 10 DAYS AWAY!!!! Woo hoo! Guessing that isn't happening BUT I am going to try and get a few good posts in before that. (I hope)

Exploring Tom Sawyer Island with some new Dis-Friends

I believe I left off with us finishing lunch at the poly and taking the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom!

We were walking into the park just shy of 1:00.
Walking in

We had fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain, so we headed that way.
Sam the Eagle
We watched about 2 seconds of this as we walked past. The girls have ZERO intrest in the Muppets... sigh...

Muppets

And we were on Big Thunder Mountain by 1:20!
Waiting to Ride BTM

As the picture above shows, we managed to get the back row.

BTM Lamp
I see I took another "ceiling" pic...

Big Thunder Mountain
And a family Ride Selfie!

BTM & Castle
I love taking my phone out and trying to get a picture. Mostly because all Morgan and Gwen do is yell at me for having my phone out.

Front train
Big Thunder was fun as always. Def one of my favorites!

Once we were off the ride, I text'd Kari to see where they were.

Nugget Way
Turns out they were on there way to use there Splash Mountain Fast Passes. So, I suggested we jsut hang around in the area and wait for them. So, I took this AMAZING photo...

And then we headed into the Splash Moutain Shop.
Fireplace
We poked around a bit. I think this is where I found the Big Thunder Mountain Tee Shirt that I liked. Pretty sure I purchased this now as well. As I had wanted some other shirt in Disney Springs and it seemed to be on it's way out and not available in my size anymore.

After that, we went out and tried to spy @kastoney and family on Splash. It was HOT waiting for them, but we were rewarded with some waves!
Splash Mountain_Casey

Splash Mountain_Casey
Zoomed in a bit!

We met up with Casey and family, said some hellos and discussed what to do. It was crowded again today, if I remember correctly. The girls wanted to go to Tom Sawyer Island and it seemed like a good plan. So we headed to the rafts!

We lucked out on timing, and really didn't wait long at all to board our raft and head over.
TSI Becky Thatcher

Becky was being piloted by an older gentleman that struck up a small conversation with Andy, I think about Syracuse and the Big Ten and football, as he was wearing his Syracuse baseball hat. (I was completely unaware of this at the time) More to come on that later!

TSI Raft Ride
The ladies taking in the scenery on the ride over.

We explored the island, and let the girls lead the way. Except for when they wanted to lead us in circles...

First on the adgenda was to find the barrel bridge!
TSI Barrel Bidge
CHECK!

TSI Barrel Bidge
Zoomed in for maximum Casey Viewing in the back there!

TSI Grain Mill
They explored the Grain Mill by mistake looking for the bridge to get to the fort. And then I am pretty sure this is where Morgan tired to lead us in a circle.

Future Dis Boarders
but eventually we found our way to the Fort.

Once here, we adults were chit chatting and I gave one of the girls my phone to take pictures as the explored. These are the gems they took:
TSI Cannons
I guess you can "shoot" these at Big Thunder Mountain as the cars go by. Or at least that is what the girls said.

TSI Horse Butt
Horse Butt in a stable somewhere in that area, I guess.

TSI Sleeping guy
It's so hard to find good help these days....

TWI_Adults Talking
And the gem of them all! A picture of the girls spying on the adults! I seriously laughed out loud when I saw this picture later.

The girls insisted that we use the secret exit that they found. So, us adults followed along, to the girls dismay, as they wanted to go by themselves.
TSI "secret walkway"

I want to say we went and found a cave after this, but it could have been before... But let's say it was after for trip reporting sake...
Caves
I do know the girls wanted to show Casey the caves.

It looks like we spent a good hour on the island, exploring and chatting. But it was time to head back to the main land and go our seperate ways... Until we got off of the raft said our goodbyes, and realized we were headed in the same direction!

Where you ask? To get yet another Hei Hei Cone! As promised to Morgan.

So, we headed that way together. Andy went to get us (really ME) a citrus swirl. Which I got in line with the girls to get a Hei Hei Cone and a Dole Whip for Gwen. They took the Hei Hei cone off of the mobile Order app. We had JUST done it a few days ago. But wasn't surprised that they it it. The Mobile Order line was all backed up because of it.

The line was long but moved fairly fast. And soon enough we had our goodies.
Hei Hei Cone #2
Morgan was happy to have her treat!

Dole Whip Float
And Gwen with her 'tude in this pic!

Gwen wanted to show Casey our "secret" spot. So we headed over there to meet up with Andy and we all enjoyed our treats.

Citrus Swirl
My well trained DH took a fancy food pic for me before it started to melt, as he got his faster than us!

Citrus Swirl Float
I LOVE this, now that it is more creamscile than before. Which is really the only reason we got 3 treats between the 4 of us. Andy says I have crazy eyes in this pic! Crazy for the Citrus Swirl!

After our treats, we parted ways, as they were headed out to rest at go to dinner. And we had more fun to be had!

What fun could we find?!?

I was hoping to finish this before we leave, which is 10 DAYS AWAY!!!! Woo hoo!
Well, I'd say this TR is less of a priority at this point...
We watched about 2 seconds of this as we walked past. The girls have ZERO intrest in the Muppets... sigh...
I like the show, but it just isn't something I'd go out of my way to see.
Becky was being piloted by an older gentleman that struck up a small conversation with Andy, I think about Syracuse and the Big Ten and football, as he was wearing his Syracuse baseball hat.
Can never go wrong talking about college football.
It looks like we spent a good hour on the island, exploring and chatting. But it was time to head back to the main land and go our seperate ways... Until we got off of the raft said our goodbyes, and realized we were headed in the same direction!

Where you ask? To get yet another Hei Hei Cone! As promised to Morgan.
More time together and good treats! It's a win/win.
And Gwen with her 'tude in this pic!
She clearly doesn't plan to share that Dole Whip.

Well, I'd say this TR is less of a priority at this point...
It def isn't but I am kind of in a weird stand still where I have nothing to do to get ready for the trip. I can't start packing yet. So, I am going to try and at least get a little farther along with this trip report. But we will see. I am also behind on most folks trip reports. So there is that as well!

10 days until another trip? How did I miss this?! Since I'll probably forget again, I hope you all have a great time!

Tom Sawyer Island looked pretty empty while you were there, bet that was a nice change of pace from the midday crowds. Plus, it had to be nice to have kids old enough to allow to run and play while you got time to talk to other adults. I haven't quite reached that point yet (although in Europe a lot of restaurants have playgrounds attached to outside seating, so the kids can go play while the adults eat/drink. One kid is always running up tattling/crying/complaining though.) but I look forward to the day I can do that at Disney.

The Citrus Swirl sounds so good! I feel like it doesn't get as much love as the Dole Whip, so I always forget about it!

Is the Hei Hei Cone still available? Will Morgan be able to get another one on this upcoming trip?

10 days until another trip? How did I miss this?! Since I'll probably forget again, I hope you all have a great time!
YES!!! I am so excitied! We got Annual Passes, with the plan to go in Feb. (this trip report) August and then again in Feb of 2020. And I of course squeezed in a December trip as well!

One kid is always running up tattling/crying/complaining though.) but I look forward to the day I can do that at Disney.
Yup. Those are the days! Morgan is going to be heading into 6th Grade, so we have been trying to give her more freedom and responsibilty when we can.

The Citrus Swirl sounds so good! I feel like it doesn't get as much love as the Dole Whip, so I always forget about it!
It is kind of forgotten! I want to try the Peter Pan Float and the Red's Revenge float this trip.

Is the Hei Hei Cone still available? Will Morgan be able to get another one on this upcoming trip?
To be honest, I am not sure. Every once in awhile they take it off and put it back on.

I was so behind in your report but I think I'm caught up now! Your time at the Poly looked amazing! I really need to make time for those pulled pork nachos, lol. Your comment about the bathrooms at the Poly pool was funny to me - I was equally surprised by the CBR pool bathroom - it was so large and well-stocked with lots of stalls and showers and no one using it at all. These are the things no one talks about lol

What a fun afternoon at MK! We've never made it over to Tom Sawyer island, but it looks like something my boys would love. The ice creams look so good too.

Is the August trip a surprise for the girls? I love reading your reports! Gwen cracks me up!
This August trip is not a secret, THANK GOODNESS!!!! It has been nice to talk about it openly. We are all dragging, we know it is coming up and we are all ready to go.

I was so behind in your report but I think I'm caught up now!
I was really just waiting for you to catch up. 😉

I was equally surprised by the CBR pool bathroom - it was so large and well-stocked with lots of stalls and showers and no one using it at all. These are the things no one talks about lol
Right! I actually feel like it is a good thing to know about. Lot people don't go into a park on the day they arrive. And it's good to know that there is a nice place to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter