A Totally Different Kind Of Report

Yep, you just push the button with the picture of the quotation marks on each of the posts that you want to comment on. Then when you are done with selecting all of the posts you want to comment on push the button with the word quote on it and all of the selected posts will appear. :)

I'm enjoying the report. Not ticked off in the slightest. How can anyone be after reading about Connor? They'd have to have a heart of lead, I tell you. Lead! ;)

You're quirky, so you fit right in as far as I'm concerned. :hug:

My hubby doesn't do bones either.... or he uses his knife to cut the meat off. Now you know you can't get all the good meat off with a knife, I have been known to go along behind him with my teeth to eat them properly.

Enjoying the report. We have no trips to WDW planned for a while, I am suppose to be packing for my trip to NZ, but had to stop to read this one.

Kirsten

I am really enjoying your reviews.

To help with the multi quote thing (because honestly, it was explained to me about 20 times and I still didn't get it so I know how tough it can be).

For every post you want to quote - click on the button with the quotation signs. It will change colour (but nothing else will happen at this point).

After you have clicked on all of the "" for the posts you want, scroll down to the end of the page and click the button marked "Post Reply". At this point, a reply box (like the normal one you use to post) should come up with all of the messages you have selected quoted - they look like regular text but have [/quote] and the persons screen name at the beginning and just [ / quote ] at the end.

Hope this helps

I did put them on Photo Bucket, but every time I try to select another picture, it puts the butternut squash soup picture again!

WolfgangsButternutSquashSoup075.jpg

See? I never thought I'd get ticked off at my favorite soup, but I'm starting to!

:rotfl2:

I'm loving the report. My FIL and MIL were at the convention. He's from 13WMAZ in Macon, GA. It's fun to see what he experienced. The food sounds great. I'll have to try that soup.

I don't think anyone is ticked off, they were warned by your thread title!

I am LOVING your reviews, keep up the great writing!:thumbsup2

Thank you, I'm almost done, I appreciate the support!

Go to the next post you want to quote an push it on that post and the next and the next.

I might be catching on?

Yep, you just push the button with the picture of the quotation marks on each of the posts that you want to comment on. Then when you are done with selecting all of the posts you want to comment on push the button with the word quote on it and all of the selected posts will appear. :)

If enough people say it, maybe maybe it will sink into this thick skull of mine?

I'm enjoying the report. Not ticked off in the slightest. How can anyone be after reading about Connor? They'd have to have a heart of lead, I tell you. Lead! ;)

You're quirky, so you fit right in as far as I'm concerned. :hug:

LOL...quirky has got to be one of the nicest compliments I've ever received...thanks!

My hubby doesn't do bones either.... or he uses his knife to cut the meat off. Now you know you can't get all the good meat off with a knife, I have been known to go along behind him with my teeth to eat them properly.

Enjoying the report. We have no trips to WDW planned for a while, I am suppose to be packing for my trip to NZ, but had to stop to read this one.

Kirsten

I confess I've gone behind others that didn't properly clean their bones too! Although I've never admitted it before. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who appreciates a good bone. :thumbsup2

I am really enjoying your reviews.

To help with the multi quote thing (because honestly, it was explained to me about 20 times and I still didn't get it so I know how tough it can be).

For every post you want to quote - click on the button with the quotation signs. It will change colour (but nothing else will happen at this point).

After you have clicked on all of the "" for the posts you want, scroll down to the end of the page and click the button marked "Post Reply". At this point, a reply box (like the normal one you use to post) should come up with all of the messages you have selected quoted - they look like regular text but have
and the persons screen name at the beginning and just [ / quote ] at the end.

Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

Do you know you are a true Angel??? :cloud9: Everyone else gave me a clue, but you gave me the final clue, that I think, really sunk in! (I will know for sure when I post this). THANK YOU THANK YOU for explaining in explicit terms that even I could comprehend! :hug:

Hmmmm, fortunately I'm not mad at my favorite soup any more. ;)

Thanks to ALL of you for your help in teaching me the ropes around here. :grouphug:

I'm loving the report. My FIL and MIL were at the convention. He's from 13WMAZ in Macon, GA. It's fun to see what he experienced. The food sounds great. I'll have to try that soup.

I sure hope they got as much out of it as I did. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience! And yes, everyone needs to try that soup!

don't apologize for anything ... it's good to be different, or as Lori said: quirky. :thumbsup2

If we all posted the same kind of reviews this board would be a dull and boring place ... I like what you've done and have enjoyed everything you've shared with us.

Thanks! :goodvibes

don't apologize for anything ... it's good to be different, or as Lori said: quirky. :thumbsup2

If we all posted the same kind of reviews this board would be a dull and boring place ... I like what you've done and have enjoyed everything you've shared with us.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Coming from one of the most entertaining writers I've ever read, I take that as a real compliment. Thank you! And, remember, I've still got a little more to finish up, plus the funny picture I promised, where I will officially embarrass myself even more. :rolleyes1

I wanted to finish my report tonight, as I'm so close to being done, but it was a long, slightly frustrating day at work, so my husband whisked me away to a very fine dinner at Bahama Breeze (partially thanks to the $10 off coupon they emailed us...it pays to get on favorite restaurant's email lists). Anyway, I should be able to wrap this up tomorrow. In the meantime, I share with you this fabulous appetizer that we had tonight. It's pretty new on Bahama Breeze's menu. It's a crab/shrimp/mango/avocado stack. The red sauce around it was spicy (habanero perhaps?)...Truly one of the best appetizers we've ever had. It was cool, refreshing, sweet & spicy...very fresh-tasting. I could not have begun to make this for this price (around $11.00). And there IS a Bahama Breeze in Orlando, although not at Disney, of course.

crabshrimpstack.jpg

Wow! That looks so good! You say there is one in Orlando?? I will have to check that out! :)

Yes, the Bahama Breeze in Orlando is right by the Marriott Village, if you've ever stayed there before. There are three Marriott hotels all together that make up a little village. Not a bad place to stay, if you're not doing a Disney property, and we've always had good experiences with Bahama Breeze, despite being a chain.

Love the review... they make me really hungry :rolleyes1

Thanks!

Okay, as promised, I'm finishing up this report, and I will post the embarrassing,funny celeb-encounter picture that will forever have me in cyber-space as a complete ditz. (not that I haven't been there that way before anyway :confused3) I will also share my #1 best food deal in Orlando. This deal is not a Disney one, but for those who find themselves looking for a good food-inexpensive break in Orlando, this is the best I've found!

So, here we were in Orlando, having just spent four nights at a Disney Hotel (Coronado Springs)...we've eaten at Disney restaurants, and enjoyed Disney atmosphere, but we have NOT...stepped foot in a Disney park. :scared1: This is so wrong on many levels. However, having a husband who had been laid off due to economy for over a year, and having just been told (the day before we left for Orlando) that everyone in my company would be getting a pay cut, we weren't in the market for tickets. However we did get lucky, and we would get one day in a couple parks. :wizard:

We checked out, and hungry we stopped at a Quizno's for my husband to get a sandwich. There was an outdoor table, where I sat, with my...(you guessed it)...leftover Sticky Wings from Kona Cafe! This is a perfectly respectable and totally delicious breakfast! :cheer2: My husband said he liked his Quizno's sub, but who really cares, when there are cold sticky wings? :rolleyes1

First, we were off to Miami,where an Uncle awaited to show me how he remembered Grandma making her spaghetti sauce, that I had forgotten how to make, and was unable to recreate since her death two years before. After $20 in tolls, we arrived to a great-smelling Italian apartment, and enjoyed a meal that was very good, but unfortunately still not quite the way I remembered her sauce. :sad2: We are all forgetting something, and I don't know what exactly, but I'm determined to keep trying to find out!

After spending the night, and fortified by a Publix donut (quite good), we were off to Arcadia/Port Charlotte to meet some business colleagues for lunch at a place called The Navigator. We learned the hard way that we should've gotten gas first...do not attempt a highway called Alligator Alley without filling up first! There are no warning signs, and we barely made it, so be careful! Anyway, we fortunately made it to our lunch meeting. We were disappointed to discover that they didn't use fresh seafood! (despite being on the coast...Gordon Ramsey really needs to have a word with these folks). But the visit was good, which was what was important. Not a place for foodies though, I'm sad to report.

Onward we went after lunch to Tampa where we visited with relatives, taking them out to Mellow Mushroom Pizza for dinner, which we all enjoyed, but was a bit more expensive than other pizza places. Very good pizza though, and made with fresh, organic ingredients. We ate a lot, but also left them with some good leftovers.

After spending the night in our Priceline-great-deal-4-star-Intercontinental for just $67, we got up and drove to Orlando for...FINALLY...a day at the parks! :yay::yay: With my registration to the conference, I was given a one day Park Hopper pass. A colleague that went with me gave me her pass. :woohoo: Would you believe she has NEVER been to a Disney park (despite being at this conference many years in a row), AND, has NO desire to do so:scared1: Honestly, I don't get it. I could've tried to convince her she really should use her pass, and I think I did try a little bit...but she was giving me her pass, and it was worth $130, and...well, I KNEW we would fully appreciate it...so here we were with two FREE Park Hopper passes!:cool1:

We went to Animal Kingdom first (my husband had never been there). It was packed, so we did what we could. At one point, wanting something to tide us over we went in the shop near Dinosaur and got a Mickey Rice Krispies treat (with chocolate on the ears). I confess, I did feel sorry for the folks working in that shop who had to listen to the same "bones" country song over and over again...but that $2.95 snack that we shared between the two of us was really yummy!

Finally we decided to have a nice lunch at Rainforest Cafe. I'll tell you, getting the Safari card a few years ago was one of the best travel investments I've ever made. It has paid off, many times over. This time, we were hot, tired, and ready to get away from the crazy crowds. I pulled out the card and we were seated pretty quickly. The card also got us a free appetizer. We were given the choice of 4 things. We chose the Spinach & Artichoke Dip ($9.49). Knowing that would be pretty large, we decided to share an entree. We ordered the Pastalaya($20.99). We both got refreshing iced teas, and I had a Yellowtail Chardonnay (the drinking day had only just begun...we still had Epcot to go :woohoo:)

I will say that service here was sooooooo slooooooooooowwwwwwwwww.
We sat and sat and sat. No dip. No waitress. Starving. Finally, the dip arrived. We had barely dug in, when the entree arrived. Okay, we can handle this, but it would've been nice to have one first. The dip was very tasty, especially for free. I loved the pastalaya. It was quite spicy (which the waitress warned us about). That's what I wanted. Husband was quite cooperative, as no bones were involved;)(see earlier report).

We left stuffed, and largely thanks to the Safari Club card, it wasn't too expensive...total before tip was $36.14.

On to Epcot we went!

So, on to Epcot we went for a full, wonderful afternoon. I now know the joy of Park-Hopper passes (something most of you probably take for granted), but despite having been to Disney World many many times, I've never gone for more than a day at a time. How cool is it to hop from one to another?? (although it took some thinking about how to handle parking). We decided to park at Epcot where we knew we would end up. Took a bus to Animal Kingdom, then a bus to Epcot. The only trick is to remember where you parked. (an easy task if you have a husband who isn't trying out the Epcot drinks like you are). :thumbsup2

After having lots of fun, we found ourselves in France, when I spotted the infamous Disboards kiosk...You would've though I was a pointer dog or something when I saw where the Grand Marnier slushie was! :yay: It was a bit of wait in line, but all I can say is...YUM YUM YUM! Anyone who has ever liked a creamsicle...this is creamsicle adult-heaven. :cloud9: Admittedly it's a tad expensive ($8.45+ tax+$9.00). It's worth it. Really worth it. :woohoo: Hoping husband doesn't want a sip, worth it...:laughing: Making slurping sounds worth it. :banana:

Shortly thereafter we found ourselves in Germany. Husband wandered off to find a bathroom or something, and I found myself with a wine flight. I don't remember the details, but it was red, and I liked the pinot noir the best. Cost was $8.00. Husband came back just in time for one sip. ;)

Somehow we managed to get hungry again. We had by now, worked our way back to The Land, and Soaring (hoping to get on it). Too long of a wait, and visions of Cheese Soup and Pretzel bread in Canada got to me, so I convinced husband we should walk all the way back, because I had READ that a kiosk existed that had the soup. I knew there was no way in heck we'd get in Le Cellier without reservations, but I felt sure there was some way to get that soup outside of it. Well, to spare any of you some big steps, let me just say that NO, there is no such thing. Maybe during a special festival, but otherwise NO. :sad2: It was a lot of steps, and we tried, but the impossible is the impossible. Sorry!

Besides being hungry, we were determined to get on Soaring, so we went back to the Land, and Sunshine Season for whatever we wanted! Which turned out to be sandwiches! I chose an Italian sandwich. My husband (surprisingly) chose a vegetarian sandwich :confused3 I only wish we could always afford to eat there as this would be good for him! He is the burger-meat type of man...so to order a vegetarian sandwich was incredibly unusual...I was glad for it! Both were very very good, and not expensive at all. Oddly enough the receipt we have is for a "cuban sandwich $6.69, and ham sandwich 7.09". Total with taxes was $19.77. These sandwiches (though not what was described on the tickets) were very very good.

Coming up, the finale to this report...not only the hilarious celeb picture, not only the best food deal in Orlando...but the best drink in the Orlando airport!:yay:

Here we go with all three things I promised...the funny celeb-encounter picture, the best food deal in Orlando, and the best drink in the Orlando airport!

So, before we went to Orlando, I saw that one of my favorite country-music artist's, Collin Raye was going to be there. Having used some of his music in the past to make montages for my station's radiothon for our children's hospital, I decided to make a cd of one I had done with one of Collin's songs (Love Remains) years before, just in case I ran into him.

So, the first night of our event, I'm enjoying Julianne Hough's music...come out of the show and my cellphone rings. It's a co-worker who says: "Guess who I just had dinner next to?" ..."Collin Raye". Oh my gosh, HOLD HIM there, I will be right there. YES. Collin Raye is in Pepper Market! And I'm right around the corner, coming out of the Coronado Ballroom. I FLY to Pepper Market. (in the out, past CM's who say..."um excuse me, but you're going..."...I say, "don't worry, I'm not eating, I'm just looking for someone"...in,I fly and there he is...Collin Raye! He is so gracious and he puts up with me clinging to him. I give him the CD. I can't find my business cards. Anyway...here's a "normal" stupid fan picture:

CollinRaye1.jpg

Now let me explain that this encounter involved a few more minutes. Many of which I did what I do normally, which is talk with my hands (I'm Italian). Apparently, I was quite animated (big surprise), and as a result, this picture happened (my apologies to Collin)...

CollinRaye2.jpg

Anyway, I feel it necessary to supply you with two important things...one of which is the best food bargain in Orlando,imo....and that is...

Don Pablos! If you've never been there, it's on International Drive. The best deal around is their 4-dip sampler. We're talking two different cheese dips...chile con queso, a white cheese dip, guacamole, and spicy bean dip, plus salsa and endless chips for...$4.99! :thumbsup2 I kid you not! Our last day, we had the dip sampler, plus my husband had a steak fajita lunch for $7.99 and I had a tortilla salad with cilantro vinagrette for $4.29. With an iced tea and a diet coke, we had a $23.27 lunch. And honestly, the dip sampler alone would make most people happy.

Now on to a special drink at the Orlando airport: On my way home, in the bar at the airport, I'm perusing their drink list (which looks surprisingly good) and I run into this: "Krispy Kreme": vanilla vodka,Godiva dark& white chocolate, frangelico, kahlua and Bailey's Irish Creme. $7.50 for a tasty drink,and a nice finale to a grand trip. :thumbsup2

Now let me explain that this encounter involved a few more minutes. Many of which I did what I do normally, which is talk with my hands (I'm Italian). Apparently, I was quite animated (big surprise), and as a result, this picture happened (my apologies to Collin)...

CollinRaye2.jpg

LOL you made this Black woman look twice. Must admit I got closer to the computer to take a second look....lol:rotfl:
Enjoyed your reviews

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter