A Ton! Of reservations just opened up Nov-Dec!

I feel bad for those who aren’t as lucky as I was - especially on a holiday ( I am nov 30- dec 5)
Those are our exact same dates. We figured we'd have a better time getting bookings during that week since it's right after a holiday, but I didn't think it'd be this much of a struggle lol

Someone just said they were told by a CM that modified reservations will hold. I’m waiting to hear if that means they’ll go back to their old times or stay at the new ones. Has anyone had any reservations cancelled yet?

just had any reservation made that day cancelled! :( The new ones as well as the ones i had modified. i knew something was up when i saw an email from disney about a gift card. i don't want the gift card. i just want my prior reservations back. 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

Not sure if they opened because of cancellations. I had to cancel all reservation because of state quarantine rules. But for those looking it is a great time to make reservations. Happy for those who can go.

So...do we feel that all of the impacted cancellations will be removed today? I made 1 new reservation on 11/3 (Skipper Canteen) and modified 4 (BOG, Hollywood Brown Derby, Trattoria al Forno and San Angel Inn). My Skipper Canteen was cancelled and I already received the $25 gift card. The other 4 modifications all remain under My Plans. Should I feel okay that my other ressies will be okay?

Exactly !
They don’t exist anymore. When you gave the old reservations up to book the new, glitch, reservations, someone else booked your old reservation. Now all reservations have been cancelled (meaning your old reservation was cancelled from the new person that booked it and your glitch reservation was cancelled). Anyone today was able to book your old reservation.

There is no way for Disney to be able to reset the system to pre-glitch, as it would also eliminate any ADRs made since the glitch. Would just cause an entirely new group of upset people who would lose their reservations.

Is anyone else having issues combining the balances of their gift cards? I have 7, so I made the first card I entered the primary card, and added four more. It gives me an error whenever I try combine the balances. I'm on the gift card line right now, and the first representative said the card number I provided was invalid. Then she transferred me to the "right department" which was just shopDisney and somehow I ended up in a THREE WAY CALL with two shopDisney CMs. One of them quickly transferred me back to the gift card line - the RIGHT department - and the 2nd rep is saying it's invalid.

I'm about to lose my mind. I insisted on speaking to a supervisor because this whole week with Disney has been a mess, and my earlier positivity is slipping by the minute!

I got 4 gift cards for the two new ones ( HV and VN) and two modifications ( Beaches and Cream and LTT) . I have been able to get new ADRs for all but HV . The new ones aren’t the ideal time but better than nothing . I feel bad for those who aren’t as lucky as I was - especially on a holiday ( I am nov 30- dec 5)
I am there that week too. I can't seem to get anything on Friday nite. It says there are 101 restaurants with no availibiity

So...do we feel that all of the impacted cancellations will be removed today? I made 1 new reservation on 11/3 (Skipper Canteen) and modified 4 (BOG, Hollywood Brown Derby, Trattoria al Forno and San Angel Inn). My Skipper Canteen was cancelled and I already received the $25 gift card. The other 4 modifications all remain under My Plans. Should I feel okay that my other ressies will be okay?
I only modified mine and lost them all. I got 4 $25 gift cards

I am there that week too. I can't seem to get anything on Friday nite. It says there are 101 restaurants with no availibiity
Have you tried clicking on actual times and not just “dinner”? There is usually something....maybe just not a great something.

Not sure if this is true, but I saw a FB post where someone allegedly spoke to the Homecoming manager about the glitch ADRs, and they said the third party restaurants were given the choice to delete them all or keep them all, and the restaurants chose to keep them. So instead of 700 sets on Saturday, Homecoming will have 1200 sets (I’m not a restaurant person but assume “set” refers to each table seated in a day?).

Have you tried clicking on actual times and not just “dinner”? There is usually something....maybe just not a great something.
Try picking a specific dining time when you get that message.
I did. Must have been another glitch. I got The Wave finally but I had the Plaza because I didnt want to leave park. I was also able to get my original Olivia's time on Dec 1 but its so late, I wanted to change it

Did you try logging in first? I have always had issues with availability showing up if I hadn't immediately logged in right before. It didn't just start after the glitch though; it's pretty much been like that for me for years.

Not sure if this is true, but I saw a FB post where someone allegedly spoke to the Homecoming manager about the glitch ADRs, and they said the third party restaurants were given the choice to delete them all or keep them all, and the restaurants chose to keep them. So instead of 700 sets on Saturday, Homecoming will have 1200 sets (I’m not a restaurant person but assume “set” refers to each table seated in a day?).

Well, we may be walking right back out then. I am seriously considering canceling it. I need to talk with my friends and see if the Sanaa back would work. I am also worried that Disney Springs would be hard to get into at night. Ugh!

My reservations were made at my 60 day window date which was on Tuesday for Jan 3-Jan 9. As far as I know I have not lost any of those reservations. Do we know if January was impacted? If not, do we know if everyone have been notified by now? I can still see my reservations.

I modified existing reservations by 5 minutes!! 5 MINUTES...and lost them both....including a dinner at LTT on our last day in MK....

but I received 2 $25 so that makes it all better, right???

ARGH! :headache: :headache:

nope -- feels like a sucker punch! i could understand losing the new ones and any that i cancelled due to the new ones being made. But the ones I simply modified the time on the same day - nope $25 sucker punch -- dec 9th chef mickey's breakfast modified from 10:25 to 10:00 am gone--- with pretty much nothing left available that day for breakfast in any of the monorail resorts and MK. Dec 11th Le Cellier modified from 3pm to 4:25pm gone... i can find other restaurants in EPCOT that day, but honestly, i love Le Cellier and try for it every time i visit. had i known those were phony reservations i was grabbing, i would have left it alone. Seriously. 😭

I would suggest calling and telling them you will not accept anything other than them giving you dining back. Was on phone for 4 hours and was given new reservations for everything I had. I explained I was paying for DVC, and I paid $15,000 for my trip and I would not be satisfied u til they fixed this. I did not get ugly or raise my voice but simply said I would not stand for less because mine were modifications and the $25 gift card was frankly insulting. Customer service then manually gave me new reservations. So they can fix this if u call

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter