A Signature a Day Keeps Reality Away: A Sep '15 Dining Report - Updated 4/11 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to try Via Napoli but I am totally ok with this. One of our go to local places is owned by the same people and the menu while not the same as a few of the same items so I don't feel like I'm totally messing out!

Meal looked delish!

That is so cool they had Jane out from Tarzan! I've haven't seen her out and about in years!

Your dinner at Via Napoli looks nice. Definitely up my alley! Smart to add onto the speciality pizza to get the all the flavor profiles you want.

Oh no, the writers stop is closing!!!!! Blasphemy. Where is the sweet shop? Must have carrot cake cookie.
Sadly, yes. The last day for Writer's Stop is April 2nd (another Star Wars Land casualty). The sweet shop, I believe (I don't recall if I have actually been there), but it's just after Starring Rolls (as you walk towards Tower of Terror).

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

We didn't have any real plans other than eating and were ecstatic to find an open ADR at our favorite Ep-A-Cot restaurant: Via Napoli!
Love Via Napoli! It's a must do for my family every trip. I think Tutto Italia just slightly edges it out for my favourite restaurant, but both are awesome.

This is a white pizza with artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil, and we add arugula to the mix for some nice crunch and pepper flavor.
I have yet to try any of the white pizzas, but I've always been curious. I think that needs to go on my list.

On the bottom are some amazing caramel goodies from Karamell Kuche. Jason got a apple caramel cookie, while Casey and I each out a milk chocolate salted caramel.
Excellent choice. I had a dark chocolate salted caramel while DW opted for the milk chocolate that you had. Both were fantastic!

I have lurked and read your reports for sometime now and love your sense of humor and writing style. Its funny how things become part of our vernacular too. I now think of it as the "rascal door" and "pooper" too.

Yummy dinner! Now I am regretting cancelling my ADR for Via Napoli........ That grapefruit beer is a must try for me and I love, love, love those chocolate, sea salt caramels! Only 6 more days until we arrive in the land of happiness!

I love Via Napoli! So much so that I broke my rule of not eating at the same place twice one trip because I couldn't decide if I wanted pizza or spaghetti. So DS and I ate there twice that trip so I could have both! Love the pic of Casey being hugged by Rapunzel & Flynn!

Jane is a hard one to figure out, I am not sure my kids would know that one either :confused3
Via Napoli looked amazing as usual. I found a local pizza place that has a wood fired oven and the menu reminded me of Via Napoli, not quite as good of course, but it was about a quarter of the price :rotfl2:

We didn't have any real plans other than eating and were ecstatic to find an open ADR at our favorite Ep-A-Cot restaurant: Via Napoli!

Really though, is there any better plan than VN pizza!? ;)

c91cdea5-56d0-4672-928f-007b5966fd92.jpg

Ooooh, that smolder.

On the top is the amazing German Schöfferhofer, which is a grapefruit beer. This is light and refreshing with just a hint on grapefruit flavor. Unlike the Italians, the Germans know their beer! In the words of Stacy, it's a must do.

You hit the world showcase trifecta with those ones! I approve. I can taste that carciofi right now. Yum.

HAHAHA... That is hysterical!

SUPER cute pics in your last update! Loved Casey with the smolder and the one where she's pushing her dad in the stroller. Too perfect!

I've got a solo ADR for Via Napoli in April and I have been going back and forth about whether I want to keep it or not. Wondering if I should get get counter service instead or snack around the world at F&G. But...that pizza you got with the artichoke and arugula and truffle oil...how can I say no to THAT?!?! It looks amazing!

Things have settled a bit. Helping get some stuff done around her house so it can be sold. And we are renting out a winery in a couple of weeks to celebrate her life. That will be tough, but wonderful too.

What a perfect way to celebrate her life! Such an innovative idea too.

Pretty decent smoulder!

This is a white pizza with artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil, and we add arugula to the mix for some nice crunch and pepper flavor. I can't come up with enough superlatives to describe this bad boy.

This is delicious! It's been a while since we've ordered this one though, we'll have to try that next time.

Its a must on every trip.

ABSOLUTELY! ::yes::

On the top is the amazing German Schöfferhofer, which is a grapefruit beer. This is light and refreshing with just a hint on grapefruit flavor. Unlike the Italians, the Germans know their beer! In the words of Stacy, it's a must do.

I've always wondered how this tastes. I wasn't sure how strong the grapefruit flavor would be, but glad it's more subtle.

:rotfl2:I was so tempted to do this a few times during this past trip but wasn't sure it would hold me :laughing:

Might I recommend Pacci's in Silver Spring if you need a Neapolitan pizza fix in the DC area?

Great trip report :-)

If it Ain't Broke Don't Fix It

After our hot and schwetty day in MGM, we cruised on over to Ep-A-Cot for the evening. We didn't have any real plans other than eating and were ecstatic to find an open ADR at our favorite Ep-A-Cot restaurant: Via Napoli!

We had some time before dinner so we hit up Casey's favorite purple dragon ride for the millionth time and were shocked to find more characters right outside the building when we exited. This time Casey got to meet Rapunzel, Flynn, and the infamous smolder.

As well as Jane from Tarzan (had to clue her in on that one)

We slowly made our way around the world showcase and let Casey visit a few kidcot stations along the way, before we arrived at Via Napoli. For those who read my June trip report this review will look a bit familiar because we had the exact same food at the exact same table. Hey, if it ain't broke....

Being such a hot day, Jason and I started with a pitcher of Moretti.

This was nice and refreshing, though it had a somewhat odd after taste. Italians clearly know their wine, but the beer may need a bit of work.

We had a good time watching the pizza being made while we awaited our little circles of joy.

For his entree Jason ordered his perennial favorite, the Broccolini

This is fresh diced tomatoes, broccoli rabe, fontina, and mozzarella plus Jason always adds Italian sausage to his. The sausage has just a touch of heat and the broccoli rabe adds some good bitterness to the mix. As always he loved his choice.

Casey and I elected to choose our favorite: The Carciofi.

And a close-up of the perfection

This is a white pizza with artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil, and we add arugula to the mix for some nice crunch and pepper flavor. I can't come up with enough superlatives to describe this bad boy. The blend of cheeses is ooey gooey perfection, the artichokes are clearly not anything we can get in a US grocery store, the arugula is crisp, and really what isn't better topped with truffle oil. Add in delicious chewy and charred crust and its absolutely the perfect pizza. The two of us devoured every last morsel and Casey commuted she could eat a hundred million more.

Once again, Via Napoli did not disappoint. We have some good pizza in DC, but I've yet to find anything that can touch Via Napoli. Its a must on every trip. With our tables in wonderland card we saved $15.80.

After dinner we continued our jaunt around the World Showcase, stopping in Germany for one (or two or three) of these

And some of these too

On the bottom are some amazing caramel goodies from Karamell Kuche. Jason got a apple caramel cookie, while Casey and I each out a milk chocolate salted caramel. We also got a bag of caramel popcorn, but it had gone stale by the time I attacked it a few days later. Everything was delicious (though I could have used some more salt on mine) and Casey declared it yummy.

On the way out we hopped on Soarin' with only a 10 minute wait and rode through earth, before we had a bit of role reversal on the way back to the Poly.

We eventually made it back to the hotel to watch our beloved Steelers lose to the Patriots. At least we had some caramel goodies to drown our sorrow in ; )

Up next, we dine in the castle

I'm going to have to spend a little more time over by Figment! That's one place we've never run in to any characters and you really found some cool uncommon ones. We've met Jane a couple times at MNSSHP and I always had to tell my boys who she was lol.

Chocolate + sea salt - never a bad idea!

The two of us devoured every last morsel and Casey commuted she could eat a hundred million more.

The last time we ate at Via Napoli we didn't order enough food. Who would have thought that a five year old could devour a quarter of a large pizza all by himself.

On the bottom are some amazing caramel goodies from Karamell Kuche. Jason got a apple caramel cookie, while Casey and I each out a milk chocolate salted caramel. We also got a bag of caramel popcorn, but it had gone stale by the time I attacked it a few days later.

We had a caramel brownie that was dry and tasteless. That ended any chance of going there again - for now. ;)

That was very lucky to have only a ten minute wait for Soarin'. Did you go there at the very end of the evening?

Last edited:
Great lucky chance meeting those characters outside of Figment! How fun!

Yum, Via Napoli looks amazing. We're trying this for the first time in May and I'm excited! Still trying to decide what to get as a party of 7 but we'll figure it out!

Those caramel treats look yummy! I always have to stop and get a sea salt caramel too. But the caramel corn does go stale rather quickly!

So glad to have found your report! CG is one ofthe ones we are iffy on for our upcoming trip so I am glad you had a nice meal. We actually discovered that Gundlach Bunshu wine about 6 years ago at CG!! The next year we went to the winery during our San Fran trip!!

I have yet to try Via Napoli but I am totally ok with this. One of our go to local places is owned by the same people and the menu while not the same as a few of the same items so I don't feel like I'm totally messing out!

Meal looked delish!
You are very lucky you have something similar so close. We have an amazing Italian place by our house that has great pizza's too, but it's just not the same as the Via Napoli pizza. The owns of VN do have a place about a half an hour from us but that is a half an hour without traffic, and there's always traffic, so its really at least an hour away.

That is so cool they had Jane out from Tarzan! I've haven't seen her out and about in years!

Your dinner at Via Napoli looks nice. Definitely up my alley! Smart to add onto the speciality pizza to get the all the flavor profiles you want.
Yeah I'd never seen her before. Even had to confirm with someone that is who it was as I wasn't 100% sure.

Via Napoli was definitely nice. And I've never met a pizza I couldn't add or remove something to make better ; )

Sadly, yes. The last day for Writer's Stop is April 2nd (another Star Wars Land casualty). The sweet shop, I believe (I don't recall if I have actually been there), but it's just after Starring Rolls (as you walk towards Tower of Terror).

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm
Thanks for the info. We rarely go down that way so I'd never seen it. Will have to be sure we find it this time though.

Love Via Napoli! It's a must do for my family every trip. I think Tutto Italia just slightly edges it out for my favourite restaurant, but both are awesome.
I've never tried Tutto Italia but only because I can't tear myself away from the pizza ; )

I have yet to try any of the white pizzas, but I've always been curious. I think that needs to go on my list.
You definitely should give it a whirl. I tend to be a sauce kinda girl, but this is perfection.

Excellent choice. I had a dark chocolate salted caramel while DW opted for the milk chocolate that you had. Both were fantastic!
Can't go wrong with chocolate and caramel!

I have lurked and read your reports for sometime now and love your sense of humor and writing style. Its funny how things become part of our vernacular too. I now think of it as the "rascal door" and "pooper" too.
Ah, thanks so much. I'll have to let Casey know all her words are catching on. Though I'm not sure her ego needs any more encouragement ; )

OMG you got to meet Jane!!!!
I know right. Very cool

Yummy dinner! Now I am regretting cancelling my ADR for Via Napoli........ That grapefruit beer is a must try for me and I love, love, love those chocolate, sea salt caramels! Only 6 more days until we arrive in the land of happiness!
Hopefully you cancelled Via Napoli for something even better. Hope you've had your fill or grapefruit beer and caramels by now!

I love Via Napoli! So much so that I broke my rule of not eating at the same place twice one trip because I couldn't decide if I wanted pizza or spaghetti. So DS and I ate there twice that trip so I could have both! Love the pic of Casey being hugged by Rapunzel & Flynn!
Love the idea of eating there twice. I love the pizza so much I've never even ordered anything else. We're going with my inlaws on our trip next month so I'm crossing my fingers one of them doesn't get pizza just so I can order something else.

Jane is a hard one to figure out, I am not sure my kids would know that one either :confused3
Via Napoli looked amazing as usual. I found a local pizza place that has a wood fired oven and the menu reminded me of Via Napoli, not quite as good of course, but it was about a quarter of the price :rotfl2:
Casey had no idea who she was, but she is up for taking her picture with just about anyone.

A quarter of the price sounds great to me. We have one that is pretty good too, but not quite the same.

Really though, is there any better plan than VN pizza!? ;)
Really there isn't!!!!

Ooooh, that smolder.
Pretty good huh. If our only men could pull it off ; )

You hit the world showcase trifecta with those ones! I approve. I can taste that carciofi right now. Yum.
You and me both.

SUPER cute pics in your last update! Loved Casey with the smolder and the one where she's pushing her dad in the stroller. Too perfect!

I've got a solo ADR for Via Napoli in April and I have been going back and forth about whether I want to keep it or not. Wondering if I should get get counter service instead or snack around the world at F&G. But...that pizza you got with the artichoke and arugula and truffle oil...how can I say no to THAT?!?! It looks amazing!
Thanks. Casey and Jason certainly love to be in pictures.

We'll be headed to Via Napoli next month too! When are you going? We're headed down so Jason can run the Star Wars races. Plan on hitting up the flower and garden booths too, but I haven't been too impressed with the offerings yet. Of course that won't keep me from eating and drinking plenty!

This is delicious! It's been a while since we've ordered this one though, we'll have to try that next time.
You definitely should. It is perfect!!!!

I've always wondered how this tastes. I wasn't sure how strong the grapefruit flavor would be, but glad it's more subtle.
You'll have to give it a whirl next time. Provided of course you aren't preggo again ; )

I was so tempted to do this a few times during this past trip but wasn't sure it would hold me :laughing:
Well if it could hold Jason I'm sure it would have held you and baby. I can just see your son trying to push your now :rotfl2:

Might I recommend Pacci's in Silver Spring if you need a Neapolitan pizza fix in the DC area?

Great trip report :-)
You may definitely recommend it. Will have to try it sometime. We don't get across the river very often, but will certainly give it a whirl next time we do.

I'm going to have to spend a little more time over by Figment! That's one place we've never run in to any characters and you really found some cool uncommon ones. We've met Jane a couple times at MNSSHP and I always had to tell my boys who she was lol.

Chocolate + sea salt - never a bad idea!
Unfortunately with Casey we spend a lot of time by figment and this trip was the first I'd seen characters there. I think they were getting ready for the Halloween parties, but hopefully it is a more common occurrence. Was certainly fun and unexpected.

The last time we ate at Via Napoli we didn't order enough food. Who would have thought that a five year old could devour a quarter of a large pizza all by himself.
Not my 5 year old that is for sure!

We had a caramel brownie that was dry and tasteless. That ended any chance of going there again - for now. ;)
Dry and tasteless does not sound good. Will have to avoid that one

That was very lucky to have only a ten minute wait for Soarin'. Did you go there at the very end of the evening?
It was close to the end of the evening, but not closing yet. I think most folks were lining up for Iluminations and we were able to catch it at a great time on the way out

Great lucky chance meeting those characters outside of Figment! How fun!

Yum, Via Napoli looks amazing. We're trying this for the first time in May and I'm excited! Still trying to decide what to get as a party of 7 but we'll figure it out!

Those caramel treats look yummy! I always have to stop and get a sea salt caramel too. But the caramel corn does go stale rather quickly!
The characters were definitely great fun. Hoping we are lucky again next trip.

Hope you all enjoy Via Napoli as much as we do!

So glad to have found your report! CG is one ofthe ones we are iffy on for our upcoming trip so I am glad you had a nice meal. We actually discovered that Gundlach Bunshu wine about 6 years ago at CG!! The next year we went to the winery during our San Fran trip!!
Thanks for joining in. Too funny that we had opposite Gun Bun/CG experiences. We went to the winery and were shocked to find it on the menu at CG. Thankfully it seems to be a staple. Hope you enjoy CG on your next trip. We actually went twice on this trip (review coming up soon) so we are clearly fans. And no matter what you know the wine will be good ; )

Just read through all the food reviews to catch up and I'm so glad I did! There was also some stuff on your list that I missed out on during our trip a few weeks ago. I missed out on the avocado margarita, and I missed eating at Via Napoli, which I really wanted to try after reading your review last year. I did however, eat everything else but I guess I'll just have to go back and do it all over again...LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter