A Question For Those Who Have Rented Out Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebit12

Earning My Ears
I am working with a renter on some points this fall and I want her to be able to confirm the reservation (which will be in her name) directly with DVC.

In the FAQ, it mentioned that the renter should be able to do this but how does the renter do this without having a membership number?

Please advise.

For those to whom I rented points, I sent a copy of the confirmed ressie in my name so they can at least see that that exists. Although everyone who rents points has to have that first renter, you can always ask for references. If they've rented points to someone else that the potential renter can check with, that seems to give some sense of comfort.

When I receive initial payment (I don't usually ask for the entire amount all at once and everyone manages this differently), I change the ressie to reflect the name of the person to whom I have rented and send them a copy of that. Then, they can call MS directly since they have the ressie number and talk to them since their name is now on the reservation and then when I receive final payment (and the check clears) I send them the real confirmation that they need upon check-in.

Once you make the reservation in the renter's name, they will give you a confirmation number. Give the renter the confirmation number, and they can call the resort immediately after and confirm that there is a reservation in their name. My renters usually send payment directly after that, and then I mail the confirmation letter to them once I receive it.

I've also done it as the above posters have listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!