A Not So Wild Spring Break In The World feat. F&G and Moonlight Magic

We sat in a shaded area while we finished our drink, and then went to cash in our Safari FP. We had a really good safari because we got to see this little guy…

I love seeing the babies!!!

Honey coriander wings

The sauce was really nice since I like a sweeter bbq sauce. I wish they were crispier though and they could have been hotter temperature-wise.

All I remember about these was that I really liked them and now I may dream of them. We eat at 'Ohana in 30 days!

Joining, better late than never!
I really want to do the Afternoon Tea at the GF, it looks so fun and special. I know my boys would never do it so I Think I'm going to have to talk DH into it one of these days........
You did have a successful AK day :thumbsup2 And I'm with you on the straws there. Completely get why they use paper but I can't stand when they get wet and start coming apart :crazy2:

I totally understand about not knowing what to say, because I feel the same way! I love getting pictures, but then I'm always going "Uh..."
I feel the same way. They're always gesturing and I'm just like "I have no clue what you're trying to say so let's just take a picture". I'm sure I'll enjoy it more when I have children and I can force them to interact with the characters.

I love seeing the babies!!!
I like anything 100x more if it's in baby form

All I remember about these was that I really liked them and now I may dream of them. We eat at 'Ohana in 30 days!
They were really good. I need to try Ohana so I can get the full experience. I hope you enjoy your meal coming up soon!

Joining, better late than never!
Yay! Glad you're here!

I really want to do the Afternoon Tea at the GF, it looks so fun and special. I know my boys would never do it so I Think I'm going to have to talk DH into it one of these days........
I saw on your TR you guys are going back in August. Maybe you can guilt them in to going since you're the wonderful mother that takes them to Disney so often!

Wow guys I really suck at updating this TR.

If anyone is still reading I’m going to try and bang this bad boy out now that life has slowed down

Tuesday Feb. 28th

It’s Magic Kingdom Day!

I was listening to a podcast recently and they talked about that passageway under the railroad track is placed very deliberately because you walk through it and you’re transported into another world. Honestly that is exactly how I feel walking into MK. I’m transported to this happy world and all my stress is gone and I’m 5 years old again.

So we sauntered down Main Street and headed for Fantasyland

The sky looked pretty ominous but it didn't rain at all
Our first stop…

BREAKFAST!!!

A cinnamon roll of Gaston’s Tavern to be exact

We got two to split amongst the 3 of us. I’m pretty sure I ate all of mine by myself though. #Sorrynotsorry

I also got a Lefou’s Brew

After the first taste I was thinking this is weird. The apple and marshmallow work but the marshmallow and foam do not. Once I mixed the foam in a little I really liked it. It’s definitely a lot of sugar first thing in the morning though.

Then we went under the sea with Ariel before our PP FP

I love Peter Pan so much. It’s my favorite Disney movie, character, ride, book.

Then we went on IASW. This one is always really special for us because it was my grandma’s, my mom’s mom, favorite. My grandparents used to spend the winters in Lake Wales, which is about 45 minutes from Orlando. This is where my mom got her love of Disney because they would always go when they were visiting. My sister just got her first full time teaching job in Lake Wales, so it’s all coming full circle.

Then we survived being the 1,000 happiest haunt, saw a 3D duck trying to conduct, and rode through a mine with 7 dwarves.

By now we were starting to get hungry again. I read a lot of good reviews of the Plaza, so we thought we’d give this hidden gem a try. They gave us a pager and we only waited about 10 minutes before getting seated.

Here’s a picture of the menu I took while we were waiting. I think they’ve changed it since we’ve been there.

I forget our server’s name but she was very sweet.

I got a chocolate milkshake to drink.

They give you the leftovers so I got two milkshakes out of this one. You can get more since it’s all you can drink. Had it been hotter out I probably would have had more.

To eat I got the fried green tomato sandwich with homemade chips.
A Deep-fried Green Tomato served with Bacon, Arugula, Tomato, and Pepper Jack Cheese topped with Alabama White Barbecue Sauce on a toasted Kaiser Roll with choice of Seasonal Vegetables, Homemade Chips, or French Fries

I was surprised how much I liked this. I’d never had fried green tomatoes before. I don’t know why because I love tomatoes. I eat them like apples sometimes. The breading was so crispy and not greasy or oily at all and paired nicely with the slightly tart tomato, and of course you can’t go wrong with bacon and cheese. The Alabama white BBQ sauce tasted like mayo but it was still good nonetheless, and the bun was really fresh.

My mom got the grilled chicken salad and my sister got the burger with bacon and they both enjoyed theirs.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the Plaza. It’s nothing fancy but it isn’t greasy theme park food and you don’t need a reservation to get in. We also had a great seat by the window overlooking the hub and the castle.

10/10 Plaza!

After lunch we had some time to kill before our jungle cruise FP so we went to the Enchanted Tiki Room.

Animatronic birds are the only birds I can be around without having a panic attack

So after escaping the birds safely we went to use our FP.

The entire day the wifi in the park and the app weren’t working. It got progressively worse as the day went on. We didn’t have a problem using our FP for Peter Pan or SDMT, but when we went to use it for jungle cruise they weren’t working for anyone.

I heard this tip from a lot of people before we left and I’m so glad I did it. I took a screen shot of all of our FP and ADRs for the week.

So this helped us not only to not forget what time in case the app wasn’t working, but we also showed it to the person working the jungle cruise and they let us go through the FP even though it wasn’t working. So screen shot your FPs before you leave!

Our skipper talked really fast and kind of mumbled. We sat literally right next to her and I still had trouble understanding her. Thankfully we’ve heard the jokes a million times so we knew when to laugh.

Next up: an evening in the kingdom and goodbye to Wishes!

Last edited:
A cinnamon roll of Gaston’s Tavern to be exact
Very good breakfast choice :thumbsup2

To eat I got the fried green tomato sandwich with homemade chips.
I want to try this! I LOVE fried green tomatoes and it's VERY hard to find them anywhere here. I did get the fried green tomato app at Homecomin' last month but I think there and the Plaza are the only Disney restaurants that have it on their menus. Glad to hear you liked it.

Our skipper talked really fast and kind of mumbled. We sat literally right next to her and I still had trouble understanding her. Thankfully we’ve heard the jokes a million times so we knew when to laugh.
JC isn't my favorite ride, I'm fine just riding it every other trip. And a big part of that is because so much depends on your skipper......a bad skipper can totally ruin the ride whereas a great skipper can make it one of your best rides of the day!

I'm reading! I know 100% that life gets crazy sometimes, but I hope you're able to finish this one day. Your fried green tomato sandwich sounds delish!

Remember when I said I'd update this more often? Oops!
A quick Disney update.
We booked another trip for Feb 24-Mar 3, 2018. So far it's just my mom and I but we'll see if my sister joins us or not. I'm so excited for this trip because we'll be spending the first 5 nights at the Poly! We'll be at the Boardwalk for the last 2 nights. We picked the Boardwalk to be close to Epcot for the beginning of F&G. We're also doing a bunch of new things for us. We'll be doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour, Breakfast at Crystal Palace, lunch at Le Cellier, and we're hoping to book the new Frozen Illuminations dessert party whenever they release the dates for 2018.

Tuesday Feb. 28th Part 2

After our lackluster ride on Jungle cruise we went for a little cruise in the Caribbean. I never thought I’d say I got soaked on PoTC, but I did. I’m not sure if the water was higher than normal or because our boat was full of all adults, but when we went down the drop the back, right end went into the water and I was the lucky one who got that seat.

My sister said she wanted a frozen coke and my mom said she wanted a dole whip, so we split up and agreed to meet at Carousel of progress. Sarah and I went to the Lunching Pad and got a frozen Coke for her and frozen lemonade for myself. We sat outside of CoP waiting for my mom, and waited and waited. She had gotten stuck by the parade and couldn’t make it across Main Street. By the time she had gotten to us she had eaten all of her dole whip. I really wanted some of that dole whip too.

I think we’re some of the few people who don’t nap on Carousel of Progress because we love it so much! We were definitely the only people singing along.

ReWRsDs.jpg

We were definitely getting tired based on our ride choices because next we did the Peoplemover and Monster’s Inc.

Then we just sat on a ledge somewhere trying to get the internet to work long enough to make a 4th FP. We were able to score one for Buzz about 30 mins from then.

After we saved the Galaxy we just meandered the shops on Main Street and had Casey’s Corner for dinner.

wl3m1Ve.jpg

My sister’s favorite meal in all of WDW is corn dog nuggets from Casey’s.

After our dinner, Sarah decided she didn’t want to stay for the fireworks and went back to the resort. She’d been fighting a cold all week, and she’s not quite the Disney freak my mom and I are. So we said goodbye to her and gave her all of our packages to take back to SSR, and my mom and I hit up Sleepy Hollow for a Nutella fruit waffle sandwich. This was another first for us, and I pretty much devoured the whole thing.

XPPAsk2.jpg

We spent the rest of the night walking around popping in shops and scoping out a place to watch the fireworks.

CZhAbDl.jpg

R1lOMOB.jpg

jht8m2P.jpg

I love the MK at sunset!

I’m not sure if I mentioned this or not already, but this day was Fat Tuesday and the entire state of Louisiana was in the Magic Kingdom. Finally, we asked someone from LA why there were so many people here, and they said that basically everyone from NO leaves because the tourists are so bad during Mardi Gras.

We found a spot over by the entrance to Tomorrowland to sit that had a pretty good view of Once Upon a Time and Wishes.

I know Once Upon a Time has been out for a while but here’s my opinion of it anyway. It’s a cute storyline, but I liked how Celebrate the Magic pays a tribute to Walt Disney and Mickey. As much as I love Disney for the rides and the movies, I’m so intrigued by Walt Disney as a person and entrepreneur and how he was able to create this beast of an enterprise. I also did my senior research project in high school on Walt Disney so I might be a little biased.

We also watched Wishes for our last time even though we didn’t know it at the time. I’m hoping HEA can make up for my disappointment, but I loved Wishes so much. I still listen to the soundtrack almost every day. I have a very hard time letting things go.

jlUp7on.jpg

I loved spending time just my mom and I. She's the only person who loves Disney just as much as I do.

That ends our pretty perfect day in the Magic Kingdom, and we still had more time to spend here later in the week during Moonlight Magic.

Tomorrow we have a nice relaxing day full of shopping!

Last edited:
JC isn't my favorite ride, I'm fine just riding it every other trip. And a big part of that is because so much depends on your skipper......a bad skipper can totally ruin the ride whereas a great skipper can make it one of your best rides of the day!
It used to be a must do for us, but now I only need to do it every couple of trips, and I'm definitely not wasting a FP on it anymore.

I feel the same way!
I'm glad someone else understands my fear haha

I'm reading! I know 100% that life gets crazy sometimes, but I hope you're able to finish this one day. Your fried green tomato sandwich sounds delish!
Thank you! Usually when I'm on the boards I'd rather get caught up on other people's reports than my own, but I'm going to try to update more regularly now that I have another trip in the works!

I'm here!!! popcorn:: Loving your TR!!! You're Mom is very lucky to have a DD that loves Disney as much as she does... My DD doesn't have Disney in her DNA like I do!!!

Wednesday Mar. 1st

We slept in a little this morning and took our time getting ready before going over to Artist’s Palette for breakfast. Today was a relax/DS kind of day. My mom wanted to look in to adding more DVC points and since the preview center is right at SSR today was a good day for it. We toured one of the Poly studio models. We loved it so much she ended up adding on points at the Poly and we’re staying there for the first time this Feb/Mar. As an added bonus, we each got three extra FPs that we could use on anything except Frozen, TSMM, PP and SDMT.

After the DVC tour, we headed over to DS for more shopping.
sNYPpBD.jpg

One of the things I really wanted to try before this trip was the Poutine. Fries, gravy and cheese, how could you go wrong?
8mCeg0C.jpg

IEUspq7.jpg

Classic Poutine
French Fries, Beef Poutine Gravy and Cheddar Cheese Curds

I hate to say this but I didn’t really like this. The cheese curds really put me off. They had a weird, waxy texture. It felt like I was chewing on a squeegee. I had never had cheese curds before that and I haven’t had them since so maybe that’s how they are supposed to be, but I was not a fan. So, we basically ate around them and just ate the fries and gravy, which were good but aren’t really worth the $8.49.

Originally we had a Boma dinner reservation for later tonight, but we decided since it was so far out of the way and we had already eaten at TH that we should try one of new places at DS. We settled for Homecoming (I think at this time it still had the G at the end) and made a reservation for 1:50. Well since I had only had a small piece of coffee cake for breakfast and 1:50 is too late for my fat self to eat lunch, we went over at 1:15 and they were able to seat us right away.
5PFNnrF.jpg

I got some delicious, diabetes inducing, sweet tea to drink. Next time I’m definitely trying one of the moonshine drinks.
NvRhfgz.jpg

We got the bunch of puppies as an appetizer.
PcTHfk8.jpg

04tMsBL.jpg
Bunch of Puppies
House-made hushpuppies served with pimento cheese and red jalapeño jelly

These were pretty good. They had a nice spice from the pimentos inside and the jalapeño jelly. I really want to try the deviled eggs next time.

For our entrees I had the Fried chicken and doughnuts.
NothGwq.jpg
Fried Chicken & Doughnuts
Two pieces of Chef Art Smith's famous fried chicken served with house-made sugar doughnuts and creamy mashed potatoes

Those doughnuts were the bomb! I have this really weird obsession with the donuts that you get at Chinese buffets. They’re basically fried biscuit dough rolled in sugar. That’s what these tasted like but 100x better. I was excited to try the fried chicken because everyone raved about it. There was a smaller piece of chicken that was incredibly moist and had the most perfect, crispy skin. It was perfect. The bigger piece though was kind of dry and the skin wasn’t as crispy, so I only ate a few bites of the bigger piece. I also wasn’t blown away by the mashed potatoes. They were creamy, but they didn’t taste like potatoes, and if I’m going to blow calories on potatoes I want to taste the dang potatoes.

This is the only place I remembered to take pictures of my mom and sister’s food too.

My sister had the chicken sandwich.
ppVJGaR.jpg

Fried Chicken Sandwich
Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours and double-battered, dressed with hot sauce, aioli, iceberg lettuce, tomato and bread and butter pickles served with house-made barbecue chips drizzled with icebox dressing

She loved this! She still raves about that sandwich, but she wasn’t as crazy about the barbeque chips. I tried some and they tasted a little burnt to me.

My mom decided to go with an appetizer for her meal.
pK7vx18.jpg
Thigh High Chicken Biscuits
Three biscuits topped with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with hot honey

She also loved these. She got the hot honey on the side though because she doesn’t like spicy.

So we’d definitely go back again! My mom and sister actually went back in June because they’re mean and took a quick trip to Disney without me while looking for apartments for my sister. Next time, I’d love to try the chicken biscuits with a couple of sides to make my meal.

We took the boat back to SSR and spent the rest of the afternoon doing some laundry and laying by the pool. I’m pretty sure there was a nap or two thrown in there.

We took the boat back to DS for dinner. We really took advantage of DS this trip since we were so close. We have a tradition that we split up and she gets BBQ chicken pizza from WPE and I get the All American from EoS.
WbGO3u5.jpg

yVvDMYa.jpg
All American
Turkey, Cheddar, Cranberry Sauce, Lettuce, Roma Tomato and Ranch Dressing

Nothing can match my love for this sandwich. It’s the perfect combination of salty turkey, sweet and tart cranberry, gooey cheese, ranch which is perfect in every way, and bread that is crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. If I could marry a meal it would be this sandwich.

After our meal we had to fill up on sweets to take back. First we stopped at Amorette’s and I got the Avant-Garde.
QaG0HUX.jpg

wI5vxeF.jpg

Avant-Garde
Chocolate Chiffon Cake and Chocolate Crumble

I’m a chocolate fiend so this was perfect to me.

And of course, we had to stop at the Ganachery. My mom and I each got a box of 6.
sHf4ZZU.jpg

ZiwOBLF.jpg

Mine were the salted caramel, strawberries and champagne, hazelnut, peanut butter and passion fruit.

BJs4YzG.jpg

So we spent lots of time at DS today since it would be our last chance to for the rest of the trip. Tomorrow we hit up F&G, my favorite time of the year!

:wave: Just getting caught up!

I got the country breakfast burrito.

That looks good.

I think this store was called DLiving and it was themed to Beauty and the Beast and was just so pretty.

I loved when it was Beauty and the Beast themed it was so pretty!

The cheeses included (R-L) a sharp cheddar, brie, some kind of blue cheese and I forget the last one but it was a milder cheese.

I really want to do the tea in the future, and that cheese plate looks so good. Except the brie which I'm not a fan of :crazy2:

If it was possible for me to eat my weight in that bread pudding I would. It was so good

Same!

One of the things I really wanted to try before this trip was the Poutine. Fries, gravy and cheese, how could you go wrong?

I really want to try poutine on our next trip too! It's disappointing to hear you didn't like it though, I've heard the ones at the Daily Poutine aren't always the best tasting.

I really want to try the deviled eggs next time.

They are so good! We get them every time.

Next time, I’d love to try the chicken biscuits with a couple of sides to make my meal.

That looks so good. I'm dying to go back to Homecoming, we're probably going in December, but everything you had looks amazing.

:wave: Just getting caught up!
:wave2: Hope you had an awesome weekend trip!

I loved when it was Beauty and the Beast themed it was so pretty!
I've pretty much loved every theme they've done

I really want to do the tea in the future, and that cheese plate looks so good. Except the brie which I'm not a fan of :crazy2:
Sometimes I try to be really fancy and order things like cheese plates and then I realize I don't like it haha. You should definitely try the tea though. It's something fun and different to do especially when you've been to Disney multiple times.

I really want to try poutine on our next trip too! It's disappointing to hear you didn't like it though, I've heard the ones at the Daily Poutine aren't always the best tasting.
We're doing Le Cellier on our next trip and I want to try the poutine there!

That looks so good. I'm dying to go back to Homecoming, we're probably going in December, but everything you had looks amazing.
DS is such a dilemma to me now because I want to try new places but I can't picture going the trip without my favorites #firstworldproblems

:wave2: Hope you had an awesome weekend trip!

We did! I just saw you found the TR your the first comment!

I've pretty much loved every theme they've done

Me too. The summer one was really cute too.

Sometimes I try to be really fancy and order things like cheese plates and then I realize I don't like it haha. You should definitely try the tea though. It's something fun and different to do especially when you've been to Disney multiple times.

I've never ordered a cheese plate, but I've always wanted to try one even though I don't think I'll like all of it :rotfl: I'm thinking of trying it sometime next year. Maybe I can make a Dismeet out of it, because I feel bad dragging Josh along. Neither of us are tea drinkers, but I just want to dress up and eat all the snacks.

We're doing Le Cellier on our next trip and I want to try the poutine there!

I do too! I'm thinking of going in December.

DS is such a dilemma to me now because I want to try new places but I can't picture going the trip without my favorites #firstworldproblems

Yes! I always want to do Homecomin and Dluxe so it's hard to fit in other meals there.

Ok now I need to go in The Ganachery!
Glad you enjoyed Homecomin(g); our one visit there wasn't memorable. However I'd love to try some Moonshine from the to-go window and your Hush puppies do look good!

I've never ordered a cheese plate, but I've always wanted to try one even though I don't think I'll like all of it :rotfl: I'm thinking of trying it sometime next year. Maybe I can make a Dismeet out of it, because I feel bad dragging Josh along. Neither of us are tea drinkers, but I just want to dress up and eat all the snacks.
A Dismeet would be a great idea! Not that I haven't seen guys there but it's definitely a fun girl's outing!

I do too! I'm thinking of going in December.
I'll just have to live vicariously through you until we go!

Ok now I need to go in The Ganachery!
Glad you enjoyed Homecomin(g); our one visit there wasn't memorable. However I'd love to try some Moonshine from the to-go window and your Hush puppies do look good!
The Ganachery is definitely worth a visit! I remember your Homecomin(g) meal wasn't the best which really stinks. I don't understand why they can't make things consistently good for everyone. At least there are so many other yummy restaurants at DS to try in the meantime.

Hi everyone! I hope your Monday is off to a fabulous start. I'm going to get an update up on Wednesday because I'll finally have a little break from exams. I've had 5 exams in the past 3 weeks. I need a Disney break. I wanted to talk about our plans for our trip this Feb/Mar and get some opinions. Right now this trip will be just my mom and I. My sister hasn't decided whether she wants to come or keep working. I'm betting on her coming, but we'll see.

So here are our rough plans so far:

Saturday February 24th
We fly out of Pittsburgh on Southwest
I forget exactly when our flight is but I think it's earlier because we wanted to spend more time in Disney!
This will be our first time staying here:
Disney's-Polynesian-Resort-Sign-544x350.jpg

So if our room is ready we'll check in and drop our stuff off and explore the resort a little or head to DS. We're taking ME so we'll have to wait for our luggage to be delivered. If our room isn't ready we'll probably just freshen up a little in the bathrooms and leave our carry ons with the bell hop.
We'll either eat dinner at DS or maybe the Tambu lounge for some apps and bread pudding! This will probably be the only night we get to really do DS so I'll have to get all of my shopping in tonight.

Sunday February 25th
Today will be spent at, honestly my favorite park (sorry MK)
epcot-overview-main-enterance-5x2.jpg

We have a Le Cellier ADR at 1:55. We might run to the back of WS and get breakfast in France first and then come back and do Future World. I'm not sure what to do about FP though because I want to do Soarin but my mom won't do that. Maybe I'll do Soarin at rope drop and then we'll get breakfast and we can use our Tier 1 FP for TT. We want to do the new FEA dessert party on one of our Epcot days, but they haven't released the dates for Feb and Mar. yet. Ideally we'd like to do it this day because our next Epcot day will include a lot of snacking for F&G. So we're counting on doing that so we don't have to FP the Frozen ride, and we'll get reserved viewing for Illuminations which we haven't seen in a while. I think we'll get all of Future World done before our ADR, and then the rest of our time at Epcot will be devoted to WS. Every year I say I want to explore more of the countries and then I never do.

Monday February 26th
This is our first MK day and I'm so excited to do something new!
We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!!!
tenor.gif

I've wanted to do a tour for forever. I actually did my senior research paper in high school on Walt Disney. I'm hoping the information won't be stuff I already know, but even if it is I'm excited to see the Utilidors and backstage. Our tour starts at 9AM so it should end around 2PM. Lunch is included with the tour so we don't have to worry about that. I'll probably grab a cinnamon roll from Gaston's for breakfast or just grab something at Poly. All of our FPs will have to be in the afternoon. For dinner we'll probably grab QS like Casey's or maybe see if we can get in to the Plaza again since we really enjoyed that this year. Depending on how crowded it is we might stay for HEA or just go relax at the Poly and see HEA another night.

Tuesday February 27th
Today is our only AK day. We don't have any ADRs booked for this day, so we'll just be eating QS. Maybe we'll try Satuli Canteen. I'll definitely be getting a FP for FOP. My mom probably won't want to ride that because she gets motion sick. Maybe I can convince her to make one anyway and then I can tell her what it's like. Although I don't think she trusts us kids anymore after we told her Everest wasn't scary, and we almost had to sedate her afterwards :rotfl:.
source.gif

I'd like to take a midday break in Nomad Lounge and get some drinks and apps. Then, depending how we are feeling we might stay for RoL or not. I'd like to see it at some point, but if it isn't this trip I won't be too disappointed.

Wednesday February 28th
We're back at MK today! We have an ADR for Crystal Palace at 9:50AM. Tigger was my favorite growing up! I had a tigger costume that I wore every day, and my mom had to wash it every night. I'm going to try to find a picture of me in my tigger costume and take it with us to have tigger sign. I heard they aren't having the characters sign anymore though and they just give everyone a pre-signed card :sad: I'm really hoping this isn't true. Since our breakfast is so late we probably won't eat again until dinner. I'd like to maybe try Pecos Bills. I've seen a lot of really good reviews lately and Mexican food is my favorite. If we haven't seen HEA we'll do it this night. According to touring plans, today is supposed to be the least crowded of the two.

Thursday March 1st
Today is all about F&G baby!
Epcot-International-Flower-and-Garden-Festival_Full_26638.jpg

We'll probably spend very little time in FW. We'll mostly browse WS and eat at the booths. I need to do a better job of pacing myself this year. If we can't get the FEA dessert party for our first Epcot day we'll see if we can get it for this day. I'm not sure how many FPs we'll get for this day because there aren't many things in WS to FP. We also move resorts today so before we leave in the morning we'll drop our luggage off with bell services for them to move them over here:
BW_EST_1_998.jpg

The Boardwalk!
Maybe we'll take a midday break and check out our room once it's ready. I'd like to try Ample Hills at some point too.

Friday March 2nd
Today is Hollywood Studios day
Sad little Hollywood Studios...
We'll most likely get a FP for TSMM and then I'll either rope drop or single rider RR. I might skip ToT. We might do more of the shows like Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Then we'll probably leave for a couple of hours and come back to do Fantasmic! at night. Then we'll get our last sleep in Disney World :sad1:. I think we leave earlier in the day on Saturday so we'll most likely just check out and wait for Tragical Express.

I've been thinking about putting in a room request for the Poly, but I can't decide where I want to stay. Some of the rooms at the one end of the 3rd floor of Tokelau have a view of the Castle, but I feel like our chances of getting one of those are slim. And the more I think about it, we don't spend that much time in our room to really enjoy that view. It is the closest to the GCH though. Moorea and Pago Pago are close to the TTC though. Or should I just leave it up to fate?

I'd also like to do something really special for my mom. The past year she's really supported me financially. Last summer I basically got laid off from my part time job because they got rid of what I had been doing. Instead of finding another part time job I decided to just focus on school and then I found out I got in to a program in the Navy and they'd be giving me a stipend. Well that stipend didn't come as fast as I was hoping and she really helped me out a lot this summer taking me grocery shopping and even giving me money to pay my utilities. Now that I do have money I'd like to do something to show her how much I appreciated everything she did for me. We've already done the tea at the GF a couple times so I'd like to do something different. I could pay for our Keys to the Kingdom tour. I was also thinking of booking her a massage at the GF, but I'm not sure where to fit it in. I though maybe buying her a Dooney & Burke but I'm not sure which one she'd like. She's kind of picky with food so I didn't want to do V&A in case she doesn't like it. Although I'd freaking love it! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ok I've rambled enough and now I have to get ready for class. I hope everyone has a great Monday!​

Have Mom take Bonine for her motion sickness... It's a 24 hour pill and won't make her drowsy... I take it because the Star Tours ride gets me every time!!! And I would surprise her with the Keys to the Kingdom tour...

Thursday March 2nd

We got up early this morning to make it for rope drop at Epcot.

olNwcdj.jpg
[/IMG]
olNwcdj.jpg

Our plan of attack for Epcot is usually to get Future World done first and then go back to World Showcase. Gotta minimize the walking as much as possible at this park!

We probably didn’t pick the most popular ride to do at rope drop, but we had FP for everything else so we went on Spaceship Earth first.
After a quick nap, I mean ride, we used one of the FP we got yesterday for Test Track. We actually convinced our mom to do a thrill ride! I just tell her it’s the same as driving with me.

Just kidding

I’m a good driver I promise

Our car did terrible as usual. I go more for looks than function.

8B1RuVr.jpg

Mama was hungry by this point. And by Mama I mean me. We headed back to WS for really the only acceptable place to get breakfast in Epcot: Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie.

I got the bacon and cheese roll

OkuqG1j.jpg

Friends do yourself a favor and get this. Better yet get this warmed up. The cheese melts and the bread is warm and soft and of course bacon makes anything better.

yum.gif

My mom got the strawberry pastry and my sister got a croissant. we also got a mimosa to split.
kSWQ7sS.jpg

Tummies satisfied we headed back to Future World, specifically The Land. My sister and I used another one of the extra FP we got to ride Soarin.
BhHSo13.jpg

We actually waited a really long time in the FP line.
This was my first time riding Soarin and how the heck have I gone this long without riding it???

I was a little freaked out at first but once I got used to the feeling I loved it! I especially loved the ending when you’re flying over Epcot with the fireworks going off.

I may have cried.

Maybe.

Just a little.

tenor.gif

When we were done we wanted some Starbucks but the line was hella long so we went into Club Cool instead. This is another place I’d never really paid attention to before, but I had to try some Beverly for myself.

I had a sip.

We’ll leave it at that.

The F&G booths were open by this point so we decided to start making our way through them.

Our first stop was The Berry Basket for the Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Pepperberry Sorbet

dz4462T.jpg

This was probably our favorite thing of the whole day. We even got a second one later on.
It was basically like the best shortcake you’ve every tasted.

We also hit up La Isla Fresca for the Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer and the Flan Cocho.

PZwA9vv.jpg

CG0OXrB.jpg

The shrimp was another hit for me and luckily my mom is allergic to shellfish and my sister doesn’t like it so I got this baby all to myself.

I thought the flan was really good too, but nobody else seemed to agree with me. I liked that it had a chocolate cake base. It gave a little more flavor since flan can be a little bland.

My sister got the Chile Relleno from Jardin de Fiestas.
p1CE0XC.jpg

8276335.gif

Usually we start in Canada, but we decided to switch it up and start in Mexico today.

For some reason my mom had a craving for nachos so we got some from the QS in Mexico. I don’t even know why though because we were kind of full so we ended up throwing half of it away.

We walked on Three Caballeros

I was tempted to get a margarita from La Cava but it was a little to early for tequila so I said I’d come back. That never happened.

Our first actual FP of the day was for Frozen Ever After. I’m still bitter about Maelstrom, and I really wanted to hate it, but I have to admit it was cute. I still wouldn’t wait an hour for it though.

6A2IK0N.jpg

QDlAqQ4.jpg

V1peNZK.jpg

I think I’ll split this day into two parts and then post all of my topiary pictures in a separate post.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

I am loving that Fall weather is finally here!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter