A New Idea for Autographs

I have been thinking and thinking and thinking some more about what to use for autographs for our upcoming trip in Nov. I made Creative Memories 8x8 books for our last two trips and wanted to do something different, cheaper and easier this time around.

This is perfect!! Just ordered 2 from ABC for $13.85 with shipping. I'm not sure if we'll use both for our DD9 & DD3 but if we don't, the other will make a nice gift for a friend's bday party. :)

I clicked the link, but it didn't take me right to the product so not sure if it was the same one we bought before off Amazon. We took a Disney Jr. Encyclopedia from Amazon before our trip to DL last year. DD (now 3, then 2.5) really enjoys flipping through the pages, and now she'll notice the signatures and it prompts her memory of meeting the characters. The characters had fun signing it, though they also had fun with the colored mini-sharpie pens I'd brought (mainly that they were hard to open!). It wasn't heavy, but it is larger and heavier than a simple autograph book might be.

I'm not sure I want to bring the same one this time around though--for one thing, I'd prefer to avoid having the same page signed by the "same" character with different writing. That did happen on our last trip too, but I strategically would flip the page to a related character (so the second time we ran into Jasmine, I had her sign Aladdin's page, or Mushu for Mulan).
I could make that work again, but the book was a bit heavy.

I'm curious about the re-binding thing, how much did that cost?

thats a great idea i just ordered off abc for 3.95 if you cant get it to show on the link type in disney animated characters and it will come up..with shipping it was 9.90 total

Thanks op this was a great idea!!!

One thing I did was to also add in some photo-sleeves throughout the book. This way I can add photos of us with the characters.

I ordered mine from Amazon and had them laminated/coiled for just under $20 - they are fabulous :). I was a little surprised at how heavy they are. Awesome idea, OP :goodvibes

I ordered mine from Amazon and had them laminated/coiled for just under $20 - they are fabulous :). I was a little surprised at how heavy they are. Awesome idea, OP :goodvibes

Glad it has worked out for you so far. Enjoy using it. We wracked up a bunch more siggies this time around.

Rec'd mine from Amazon as well, and took it to FedEx Office for rebinding last week! They said that their machine wouldn't be able to go through the hard covers, so I just made color copies of those and had them laminated to replace the hard ones. Came out looking great, and the total for the rebinding was about $6 at the desk and a little over $1 for the self serve color copies of the covers :thumbsup2

Go <here> for a video of Pain and Panic signing the book and the antics of them looking at it. :lmao:

Thank you so much for this wonderful idea! I just ordered two books for my kids! :cool1: I could not decide how to go about making autograph books, which characters, which order, how to print, etc... This was a great solution. Thanks again!

Can someone please take a picture of the book AFTER you had it rebound and the pages that you added? THANK YOU! I love this idea the best so far :)

I love this idea and ordered mine from Amazon and got it in 2 days! I have to get busy as we're leaving next week. Yay!!

Great idea about making and adding pages, but I wonder if anyone here has removed pages?? I looked through it carefully and, since I'm making this for DD6, there are plenty of characters/movies she does not know and we'll probably never watch. Of course, some of those have to stay in because of what's on the other side of the page anyway. Even still, I saw about 6 or 7 pages that I thought I could safely remove and it might make up for the weight of those I wanted to add. Anyone else thought of this or have thoughts about it?

Sorry if I am missing something here, but what is the actual title of the book? When I clicked on the link, it went to the ABC distributing homepage but I couldn't find anything that looked as detailed as what I am seeing here and on youtube!! :) Thanks for the heads-up that's it's so cheap today!!

EDIT: Found it (I think!?) Encyclopedia Of Animated Characters for $3.95! :)

To those who have added extra pages of characters not in the book, would it be possible to share them? We leave in a week and I don't think I'll have a chance to get to do this without some help :).

To those who have added extra pages of characters not in the book, would it be possible to share them? We leave in a week and I don't think I'll have a chance to get to do this without some help :).

I would love to see some of the pages too, I am starting to design the pages for our book this week and I need some ideas! Please help us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter