A New Idea for Autographs

If you look back on either page 1 or 2 of this thread, there are pictures of it. And further in the thread there are some pictures of pages you can copy to add.

I love this idea! I ordered the book off Amazon for our trip, and I'm going to try to get out to get it spiral bound this week. The kids have loved looking through it and pointing out all the characters they'd like to meet.

I've been working on pages for some of the characters not included, which I put onto Photobucket if you guys want to use them. They should be sized ok to fit the book, you'll just need to cut them out once they're printed since the book is a bit smaller than 8.5x11. Hope you can use them! I've got Phineas & Ferb, Jake, Rapunzel and Tiana & Naveen.

Kudos to you for preparing these pages! They look great!

I
I've been working on pages for some of the characters not included, which I put onto Photobucket if you guys want to use them. They should be sized ok to fit the book, you'll just need to cut them out once they're printed since the book is a bit smaller than 8.5x11. Hope you can use them! I've got Phineas & Ferb, Jake, Rapunzel and Tiana & Naveen.

Magpomom, how did you design them and what did you use (photoshop, etc.)? I will be getting these for my girls and have a whole list of characters I want to make sure are in the book. I DO NOT want to pester someone or ask someone else to create them for me, but I need a little help :) Where did you find the images and where did you find the fonts? TIA!!!!!

does anyone know if there's plans to release an updated version of this book anytime soon? Because I loved the idea until I realised Rapnuzel wasn't included, and i'm planning on getting her autograph. I considered adding my own pages and love the designs i've seen on here but there isn't a store close to where I live that would bind them for me :(

We did the book everyone is talking about it is the Encyclopedia of Disney characters I think. One for DS and one DD. My daughter took it with us every year for years. Yes, it is a pain in the butt to carry around. It gets cumbersome. The version we have does not have any new people I think I stops around toy story nemo years. It was great to have her find the pages to sign. If they were not in the book they signed the front and back cover pages. If it was their movie they signed near the other characters from the movie. Most of the characters loved it. My daughter 12 still loves it and is planning on taking it again..I on the other hand said you want it you lug it around. Even in a back pack it is flat and hard on your back all day. (My DD is a commando Disney tourist.) It is both good and bad. I like the moms idea of making her own as some of the characters are so dated you hardly see them ie the white cat from aristrocrats. We finally saw her last year. PS dont have the characters sign more than once as their autograph can vary http://www.disboards.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I made mine done and ready to go! I copied a few ages from here for Rapunzel and Tiana and then someone one the creative boards made me a page with the castle faded in the background and I had a few of those added at the end for people who arent in the book. My daughter is so excited to take it!! We werent going to do autographs but after I saw this we decided we are :)

These books are fantastic! It really helps the kids learn about some more Miscellaneous characters you may find in the parks that they aren't so familiar with. And it helps facilitate interaction with the character! And they are nice enough to display proudly in your home instead of putting it in a drawer and forgetting about it.

I made mine done and ready to go! I copied a few ages from here for Rapunzel and Tiana and then someone one the creative boards made me a page with the castle faded in the background and I had a few of those added at the end for people who arent in the book. My daughter is so excited to take it!! We werent going to do autographs but after I saw this we decided we are :)

Can you share the castle page with us? :goodvibes

Can you share the castle page with us? :goodvibes

I am not sure how to share it on here. It was sent to me in a private message from marneb on the creative DISigns board. If you find her post on there I am sure she would send it to you. She does awesome designs!!

I am telling you...this autograph book was the highlight of our trip! I am SO glad I found this thread! The characters really love this book! Stitch took it and tried to run away with it. And then he stuck his tongue out at the CM when he told him no. Prince Naveen wanted to take it and put it in their resturant! lol My daughter had so much fun with it! When we were meeting Belle, the Photopass Phtographer was so interested in it, I had to ask him to take pictures! I could go on and on....it created so many magical moments!! And I didnt find it heavy or hard to manage. I recommend this to everyone I know!!

FWIW, I just took my book to Staples yesterday to have it coil bound and the covers laminated. It cost a little less than $9.00! It looks GREAT, but it has some "heft" to it. I will have to upgrade to the backpack rather than the smaller crossbody bag if I want to take it in the parks... *sigh* The things mothers do for their children!

FWIW, I just took my book to Staples yesterday to have it coil bound and the covers laminated. It cost a little less than $9.00! It looks GREAT, but it has some "heft" to it. I will have to upgrade to the backpack rather than the smaller crossbody bag if I want to take it in the parks... *sigh* The things mothers do for their children!

Well worth it!! I bought Sharpie markers in a few different colors...red,black and silver. Then when we were inline we looked at the characters page and decided which color would look best. We used silver for most of the princesses. You are going to have so much fun with it!!!

...it has some "heft" to it...

You aren't kidding. That is the compromise you make for such an awesome autograph book.

I carried two around, one for each child. I also recommend putting them in a gallon sized plastic zip-lock bag, to shield them from inclement weather.

I am planning a trip and I am going to do a spin on these for our autograph books. I am going to make 5x7 books for each kid ( I have 3) and then have them coiled bound. When we get home I will add the 5X7 pages to this book which I will have already had coiled bound at the same place I had our 5x7 ones bound at (so the coil spacing will match).

Hello Juliebug,
The designs that you and Magpomom created are wonderful and I can’t wait to include them in my book. I’m looking forward to the next set of design you may be working on. Do you know if you will create any of the characters listed below that are missing from the book?

Handy Manny
JoJo/Goliath
The four Little Einstein’s
Terk (Tarzan)
Lotso (Toy Story 3)
Mary Poppins
Merida
Rafiki
Green Army Man
Frozone
Duffy the Disney Bear

For those of you that have coil bound them, how do you feel they held up with the binding? I know in the past when I have had things bound they seem to tear away easily. I just got ours out of the mailbox today!!!:cool1: I love the idea of adding new pages and will be using some found on here and cant wait to hopefully see more!:goodvibes TIA for any answers. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter