A most-likely, probably, in all likelihood Solo, Nov-Dec 2012 Trip! *Day 6 11/27

PhoenixStrength said:
TRIP OUTLINE

When: November 29-December 4, 2012

Where: Walt Disney World, or more specifically POP Century Resort @ WDW

Why: Umm...cause it's WDW? Do I need more of a reason :thumbsup2:rotfl:

Who: Most-likely, probably, in all likelihood, just me! So, my 3rd solo trip to WDW

Now for the daily, brief, breakdown, to be elaborated on later.

November 29: Flight lands at 9:10am, DME to POP, check-in, get stuff settled in my room then head to AK for the afternoon. I have an ADR for Rainforest Cafe at AK for 5:30pm. Tour resorts after dinner to look at Christmas decorations.

November 30th: Epcot all day, including EMH until 12:30am. I am doing the CP at 5pm (yay for Whoopi Goldberg!), have lunch scheduled with the package at Biergarten, though I'm thinking I will change this to Coral Reef. Any opinions on this???

December 1: Hollywood Studios all day, including AM EMH. Maybe DTD after.

December 2: AK until 4pm-ish, then MVMCP til midnight.

December 3: MK all day, including EMH until 11pm.

December 4: Finish touring any resorts I didn't get to before, and DTD. Be on DME around 3pm to head home :sad1:

Oh, and the reason for the title of this PTR. There is a very small chance my friend Steve may join me for part or all of this trip, but it's unlikely so I think it will be another solo trip. But who knows? :confused3 Either way, I know this trip will be great!

And I'll be there 4 weeks from today!!! :cool1:

Just looking at your outline and we will be in the parks on similar days, Sat night HS, MVMCP on Sunday and MK Monday night!

I think from your family of fur babies, love of AK you would enjoy Coral Reef if you are looking for a new experience. :) Also as a solo trip I could see myself just watching the tank!!

This is why I think I will switch it. I would love the tank alone! :goodvibes

We may cross paths on Nov 30th or Dec 1st! We are planning on Epcot in the evening of the 30th after a 7 pm dinner at Cape May Cafe.

December 1st is our departure day but we have the morning to do stuff. No concrete plans yet for that day. One of the options on the table is DHS for a few hours in the morning. I think it's going to depend on how early we get packed and out of the room.

I've never eaten at Biergarten but Coral Reef is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. I love the atmosphere and the Bailey's Chocolate Mousse is my favorite dessert. I thought the food was good but I don't have a very sophisticated palate so take that with a grain of salt. :rotfl: Being an animal lover myself, I was facinated by the aquarium. One of the sea turtles was sitting by the window and our server told us he was over 100 years old.

Well, if you see me come say hello! My picture is on the first post here, and I will have on a pink checked backpack with a Nikon around my neck taking pictrues constantly! :lmao:

I don't have a very sophisticated palate either, so I'll probably like it too! :rotfl:

Just looking at your outline and we will be in the parks on similar days, Sat night HS, MVMCP on Sunday and MK Monday night!

Definitely say hi if you happen to see me. As I said above, I will definitely have on my pink checkered backpack (with LGMH) and my camera snapping away, so I should be easy enough to identify!

We will be at MK on the 3rd all day/night also!! Is it lonely going on solo trips?

I've never been lonely on my other 2 solo trips. To be fair, I am pretty independent by nature, but you never feel alone at WDW. The CMs talk to you, the other guests in ques will talk to you, there is so much going on. I really enjoy it! :goodvibes

Plans sound awesome. :thumbsup2

I am going to pipe in on Biergarten v. Coral Reef.

Biergarten USED to be a favorite of ours. But DH and I ate there in 2010, and we were VERY disappointed in it. The food was not that good at all (how do you have chicken schnitzel and NOT veal schnitzel). The best part of the meal was the dessert and our wonderful tablemates.

We ate at Coral Reef in September (and I always ate there in January on my girls trip) and loved everything about it.

If it were me, I'd make the switch for a much better meal (and the advantage of being able to watch the fish in the tank is worth it).

I'm still kicking myself that we are missing you by 2 or 3 days. :sad:

Well, if you see me come say hello! My picture is on the first post here, and I will have on a pink checked backpack with a Nikon around my neck taking pictrues constantly! :lmao:

I don't have a very sophisticated palate either, so I'll probably like it too! :rotfl:

I will definitely say hello if I see you. If you want to see a pic of me, click on the link in my signature.

Plans sound awesome. :thumbsup2

I am going to pipe in on Biergarten v. Coral Reef.

Biergarten USED to be a favorite of ours. But DH and I ate there in 2010, and we were VERY disappointed in it. The food was not that good at all (how do you have chicken schnitzel and NOT veal schnitzel). The best part of the meal was the dessert and our wonderful tablemates.

We ate at Coral Reef in September (and I always ate there in January on my girls trip) and loved everything about it.

If it were me, I'd make the switch for a much better meal (and the advantage of being able to watch the fish in the tank is worth it).

I'm still kicking myself that we are missing you by 2 or 3 days. :sad:

That settles it then. I was mostly doing Biergarten since I had enjoyed it in 2008 and it is $20 cheaper, but I'd rather pay the extra $20 and have a new experience with food that looks pretty darn tasty! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I will definitely say hello if I see you. If you want to see a pic of me, click on the link in my signature.

Done! I'll comment once I get a chance to read it :goodvibes

I read your WDW itinerary and it reminded me of when DW and I visited that time of year 2 years ago. We absolutely loved it! If the decorations don't get you in the Christmas spirit, there's no hope. Of course you need to see the decorations at the GF but don't forget BWV and BCV as well. All the resorts have great decorations but it's nice going to the WS in EPCOT to see the various country's decorations too. When we were there, the night before we were to see Candlelight Processional, the temp dropped to the 50's which made it that much more Christmas-like considering it had been in the upper 80's the days before. Our narrator at CP was John O'Hurley of Seinfeld fame and he was great. Can't wait to see your TR. If you want a "fix" before you go, visit our TR link below.

Greetings from New Jersey everyone!!! Just got back power the other day. Just got cable/wifi today. Glad that ordeal is over. Thank you Steph aka Buzz Lightyear sniper for the pm about your new thread. I will look forward to reading it and catching up on your report. Good to be back.

I read your WDW itinerary and it reminded me of when DW and I visited that time of year 2 years ago. We absolutely loved it! If the decorations don't get you in the Christmas spirit, there's no hope. Of course you need to see the decorations at the GF but don't forget BWV and BCV as well. All the resorts have great decorations but it's nice going to the WS in EPCOT to see the various country's decorations too. When we were there, the night before we were to see Candlelight Processional, the temp dropped to the 50's which made it that much more Christmas-like considering it had been in the upper 80's the days before. Our narrator at CP was John O'Hurley of Seinfeld fame and he was great. Can't wait to see your TR. If you want a "fix" before you go, visit our TR link below.

I visited the beginning of November in 2010 and went to the first MVMCP for the year and the first lighting of Osborne lights too, but no resorts had their decorations up yet, nor did Epcot have anything going on.

I plan on making sure to see GF, BCV, BWC, YCV, WL and AKL for their decorations, then anywhere else I can fit in once those are done! :goodvibes

Greetings from New Jersey everyone!!! Just got back power the other day. Just got cable/wifi today. Glad that ordeal is over. Thank you Steph aka Buzz Lightyear sniper for the pm about your new thread. I will look forward to reading it and catching up on your report. Good to be back.

So glad you made it thru Sandy okay and got back power, cable and wifi again. :goodvibes I just started so you don't have too much to catch up on yet!

So glad you made it thru Sandy okay and got back power, cable and wifi again. :goodvibes I just started so you don't have too much to catch up on yet![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the kind words. We are having some issues still but right now, we are ok. I am enjoying your report. I hope you eat at Biegarten. I want to eat there and hope you do, so I can get a liver report lol Also the food sounds really good and how you not enjoy a band playing German Music. Sounds like a fun time all around. :goodvibes

So, I posted the other day that I would also add a picture of my other foster kitten, Firework. I managed to catch her relaxing and got a quick pic with my phone. She is very camera shy, and runs every time I try to get a picture! She is gorgeous, so maybe she thinks she should get paid for the pics first :rotfl:

IMAG0216.jpg

Your cats are cute :) we are noticing are DD1 is allergic to cats (breaks out in hives) so we kinda have to keep them out of the "play" areas but so far lots of vacuuming and washing keeps the allergies at bay - although they are not fond of the restrictions : /

Does someone come over to take care of your pets when you go away? Or do they go to kennel?

Your cats are cute :) we are noticing are DD1 is allergic to cats (breaks out in hives) so we kinda have to keep them out of the "play" areas but so far lots of vacuuming and washing keeps the allergies at bay - although they are not fond of the restrictions : /

Does someone come over to take care of your pets when you go away? Or do they go to kennel?

That's no fun, but the plus is at that young she can still grow out of it.

My family takes care of them when I go away. My dog Phoenix loves my sister's dog, and they all have cats too so they have no trouble caring for mine.

PhoenixStrength said:
That's no fun, but the plus is at that young she can still grow out of it.

My family takes care of them when I go away. My dog Phoenix loves my sister's dog, and they all have cats too so they have no trouble caring for mine.

Yeah cat allergies are pretty bad in my DHs family so semi doubtful. They act more now but I couldn't give them up! Unless DD1 develops a severe allergy where it would be medically needed...

I'm so glad this year my sister will be able to watch my dog... We have a really good kennel but he gets so upset at first and comes home so skinny (he is lean to begin with so losing 5 lbs makes him look emaciated) thankfully this year my sister will come over and hang out with him ;) It's nice that your family helps- even going to a nice kennel stresses animals out in my experience.

Yeah cat allergies are pretty bad in my DHs family so semi doubtful. They act more now but I couldn't give them up! Unless DD1 develops a severe allergy where it would be medically needed...

I'm so glad this year my sister will be able to watch my dog... We have a really good kennel but he gets so upset at first and comes home so skinny (he is lean to begin with so losing 5 lbs makes him look emaciated) thankfully this year my sister will come over and hang out with him ;) It's nice that your family helps- even going to a nice kennel stresses animals out in my experience.

My uncle was SEVERELY allergic to cats when he married my Aunt (she is the one I'm "related" to, my dad's sister). She does a ton of cat rescue and basically told him to get the shots or live in the guest house area :rotfl: He got the allergy shots weekly for a couple of years, then accidentally skipped one and had no problems. He hasn't had one since, his body built up the immunity and he is no longer allergic. I have a friend who has 2 sons, both born with dog and cat allergies. She has 3 dogs and 2 cats. They've both developed immunities over the years and were no longer allergic by 3. So, don't give up hope. Be careful of course, but with her being so young her body can definitely build up a resistance and immunity. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I worked at a very nice kennel for 4 years before changing to the pet sitting company I manage now. There are certain dogs that do very well in those situations, but being in their own home is usually best. My dog couldn't be in a kennel, even when I worked there! He is very nervous around strangers if I'm not there, and snaps at people. He has never bit anyone, but I wouldn't want to take the chance.

PhoenixStrength said:
My uncle was SEVERELY allergic to cats when he married my Aunt (she is the one I'm "related" to, my dad's sister). She does a ton of cat rescue and basically told him to get the shots or live in the guest house area :rotfl: He got the allergy shots weekly for a couple of years, then accidentally skipped one and had no problems. He hasn't had one since, his body built up the immunity and he is no longer allergic. I have a friend who has 2 sons, both born with dog and cat allergies. She has 3 dogs and 2 cats. They've both developed immunities over the years and were no longer allergic by 3. So, don't give up hope. Be careful of course, but with her being so young her body can definitely build up a resistance and immunity. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I worked at a very nice kennel for 4 years before changing to the pet sitting company I manage now. There are certain dogs that do very well in those situations, but being in their own home is usually best. My dog couldn't be in a kennel, even when I worked there! He is very nervous around strangers if I'm not there, and snaps at people. He has never bit anyone, but I wouldn't want to take the chance.

That's what I do hope for on the immunity part as well! And hilarious by your Aunt!

Aww, poor pup! Mine gets homesick with out us he has fun but the first few days he refuses to eat - even when he travels with us it gets him a little on edge. They had him eating ground chicken, rice and all sorts of goodies last time we went.

Firework is beautiful! I love that brown tabby with a hint of orange coloring.

It's funny about the camera shyness! Our first schnauzer Haley (lost her two years ago to cancer) was camera shy from about 3 months till she was a year. As soon as the camera came out she was gone and hiding under the bed. Then when she hit about a year old, cameras were fine again. :confused3 So I have pictures of her as a tiny puppy and then as an adult, nothing in between.

Fireworks is so pretty!

Ron used to be allergic to cats as well, but I told him I was no getting rid of mine! He took allergy pills the first few months and we kept the windows opened a lot. By fall he was fine. We do keep them out of the bedroom though. I hope Peanut takes after me and is not allergic to them!

That's what I do hope for on the immunity part as well! And hilarious by your Aunt!

Aww, poor pup! Mine gets homesick with out us he has fun but the first few days he refuses to eat - even when he travels with us it gets him a little on edge. They had him eating ground chicken, rice and all sorts of goodies last time we went.

Fingers crossed she develops the immunity. I just saw a new study released a couple of weeks ago about how having a cat and/or dog when a child is young helps them build up tolerance to common allergens and they get sick less often when older.

Firework is beautiful! I love that brown tabby with a hint of orange coloring.

It's funny about the camera shyness! Our first schnauzer Haley (lost her two years ago to cancer) was camera shy from about 3 months till she was a year. As soon as the camera came out she was gone and hiding under the bed. Then when she hit about a year old, cameras were fine again. :confused3 So I have pictures of her as a tiny puppy and then as an adult, nothing in between.

She is gorgeous! She has brown, gold and orange tabby-like markings. And that is funny that Haley was that way too with being camera shy.

Fireworks is so pretty!

Ron used to be allergic to cats as well, but I told him I was no getting rid of mine! He took allergy pills the first few months and we kept the windows opened a lot. By fall he was fine. We do keep them out of the bedroom though. I hope Peanut takes after me and is not allergic to them!

That is great that Ron is no longer having reactions to cats. I think you would know by now if she was allergic, even if they haven't been that close to her she is exposed to their dander in the air. At the very least she isn't very allergic since she isn't having reactions.

And can I say, I love seeing your ticker! You better do a TR for that trip, as I cannot wait to hear how Claudia (and hopefully your SDD!) love WDW :goodvibes

That is great that Ron is no longer having reactions to cats. I think you would know by now if she was allergic, even if they haven't been that close to her she is exposed to their dander in the air. At the very least she isn't very allergic since she isn't having reactions.

And can I say, I love seeing your ticker! You better do a TR for that trip, as I cannot wait to hear how Claudia (and hopefully your SDD!) love WDW :goodvibes

I even had her pet the cats a few times, and didn't wash her hands after, so I agree with you that she probably isn't. Yay! :goodvibes

Woohoo! You noticed! :cool1: Not only will I be doing a TR, but I will also start a PTR as soon as I finish my current TR. :thumbsup2 As for if SDD will be joining us, you'll have to wait and see. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter