A Magical Moment at WDW!

That was awsome. I have a mulitple disabled little girl who loves Disney so much. 2 1/2 yrs ago we were at donalds breakfast she saw donald, pluto and goofy but when Mickey walked in the room she spotted him for across the floor. She screamed "MICK MICK" well I started to ball. You see my DD as absolutely no language non at all! The waitress saw me crying and can over to see what was wrong. Well when I told her, she went and got Mickey and brought him to her. DD hugged him for quite sometime. To make a long story short 1 year later we moved to Florida so she can live in the Magic..

OMG, now I am crying. :grouphug:

I think WDW is the absolute BEST place to vacation when you have a child with disabities. We have never had a bad experience with my severe MR/autistic son, and infact, several CMs have gone out of their way to make sure that he felt comfortable. Like Cinderella, who recognized that he could not approach her, so she visited with every child at the castle and when all the excitement died away, chose to sit down next to Christian. He couldn't look at her full-on and she didn't say anything, just sat there. In a few minutes, he reached over and began to stroke her hand. He put his hand on her face and drew her near. She whispered something to him and he held her close for a minute, then turned away. He was done. He never once looked at her and she never demanded that he make eye contact. It was a most magical moment. Thanks for reminding me.

Cathy, in a puddle of tears :goodvibes

Yesterday we went to Epcot with the pictures. We found out that the Magical Moment had gotten into the Epcot CM Newsletter. The restuarant Manager appreciated the photos. He said he would let the woman who had given the help see the pictures. Also, there is a possibility that there will be a write-up with photos in Eyes and Ears.

Cheshire Figment said:
Yesterday we went to Epcot with the pictures. We found out that the Magical Moment had gotten into the Epcot CM Newsletter. The restuarant Manager appreciated the photos. He said he would let the woman who had given the help see the pictures. Also, there is a possibility that there will be a write-up with photos in Eyes and Ears.
Really cool! :wizard:

minkydog said:
OMG, now I am crying. :grouphug:

I think WDW is the absolute BEST place to vacation when you have a child with disabities. We have never had a bad experience with my severe MR/autistic son, and infact, several CMs have gone out of their way to make sure that he felt comfortable. Like Cinderella, who recognized that he could not approach her, so she visited with every child at the castle and when all the excitement died away, chose to sit down next to Christian. He couldn't look at her full-on and she didn't say anything, just sat there. In a few minutes, he reached over and began to stroke her hand. He put his hand on her face and drew her near. She whispered something to him and he held her close for a minute, then turned away. He was done. He never once looked at her and she never demanded that he make eye contact. It was a most magical moment. Thanks for reminding me.

Cathy, in a puddle of tears :goodvibes

It's where magic lives...it really does...

Mary Beth, in a puddle of tears :goodvibes
:sunny:

This is why we all love WDW! I have had several magical moments with my DS12 who has Down Syndrome, but the most recent was this Sept. on Space Mountain. For some reason, Connor really took a liking to Steve, the CM who was handling the wheelchair entrance (we use a chair in the parks for stamina issues.) Well, the next day when we rode again, he was looking for Steve. Connor wanted to ride with Steve instead of Mommy. Well, Steve got permission to vacate his post and rode with Connor twice. To most of us, riding with a non-character CM wouldn't mean anything. But to Connor, it was wonderful. You would have thought the Mouse himself rode with us!

LisaB

LisaBi said:
This is why we all love WDW! I have had several magical moments with my DS12 who has Down Syndrome, but the most recent was this Sept. on Space Mountain. For some reason, Connor really took a liking to Steve, the CM who was handling the wheelchair entrance (we use a chair in the parks for stamina issues.) Well, the next day when we rode again, he was looking for Steve. Connor wanted to ride with Steve instead of Mommy. Well, Steve got permission to vacate his post and rode with Connor twice. To most of us, riding with a non-character CM wouldn't mean anything. But to Connor, it was wonderful. You would have thought the Mouse himself rode with us!

LisaB
That is really sweet.
My DD would probably feel that way about her bus driver (Kristy, who DD adores).

These stories are so beautiful. This is why I want to go into entertainment- for making memories and magical moments.

What a special moment! WDW seems to bring out something in our autistic little ones. :flower:

WOW! I first posted the original story a year ago and the thread lives on! :-)
YEt another reason why WDW Lovers are the best folks around!
Here's to you and to our special family members!

Sara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter