A Magical Dream Come True - 2010 Disney Moms Panel Training Trip Report

It has been a whirlwind of a week since I returned from my incredible trip of a lifetime.

Finally have a chance to read this report!

Your DD5 is sooo adorable when she said "I want pictures of YOU!" I can just see your heart melting with love!:thumbsup2

When I last left off, it was time to jump in the shower. Normally, only an hour and a half of sleep would leave me cross eyed, delirious and irritable...not today!

Inside my packet, I discovered THIS...and I squealed with delight. That was MY name!! I can't count the times during the weekend that I had to remind myself that this wasn't all a dream...

DSC_00131.jpg

...to be continued...

I'm loving all the pictures! So glad you got to meet so many people at the airport. Ah, you and your dad -- great pic!

I can feel your excitement as you're reading the itinerary.:banana:

YAY!! Great update!! It sounds like they made this a trip of a lifetime! It sounds incredible!! :goodvibes

However, due to the relentless rain, it was moved indoors to Grand Republic Room A.

This was my view looking over the railing outside my room. I was above Chef Mickey's with a great view of the monorail going by.

Most of our group stopped on the way out of the ride for a quick photo op.
toystory.jpg

I've heard about that rain-- but as you said, nothing could dampen your spirits on this once of a lifetime trip!

What a great view of the monorail from your room!

Terrific picture -- gotta love TSM!!

Our first dinner together was held in Disney's Hollywood Studios Prop Shop. It was an absolutely amazing room, filled with numerous pieces of Disney's history. The building was formerly part of the Backstage Tour.

We headed back to the Contemporary where I was greeted with a surprise!!

Oh, that dinner must have been amazing ... well, rather just to be around all the Disney memorabilia!!

Your basket is soo cool -- I can't wait to see everyone in the jackets and shirts.

Our next event was the "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate it!" Street Party. We all stood at the Castle Forecourt and waited for the party to get started. Sweet Kay started shakin' and dancing and we were all laughing in no time. She is a riot and SO much fun!! Here's Kay and Alumni Mom Karen.

DSC_0114-2.jpg

WOO HOO...here comes the party!!

DSC_0116-1.jpg

Chip and Dale

DSC_0117-1.jpg

Mr. Incredible and Frozone...

DSC_01222.jpg

Frozone...

dsc_01242-2.jpg

Kay and Amy

DSC_01252.jpg

The very talented stilt guy who kept posing for me to take his picture

DSC_01262.jpg

Donald Duck

DSC_01322.jpg

GOOFY!!

DSC_01332.jpg

The GENIE!!! I saw him and thought to myself, "Wow...if I were given 3 wishes right now...I wouldn't be able to come up with even one. I am standing here, at Walt Disney World, living my dream!!!" There was really NO place in the whole world that I would have rather been at that very moment.

DSC_0135.jpg

Mickey Mouse spotted the Moms Panel and waved to us. Then the guy on the top of the float gave a "Moms Panel Shout Out" and announced us to the crowd. At that point, we joined a conga line, then ended up in the street...as part of the Street Party! It was SO cool!!

DSC_01362.jpg

Here we are doing one of the dances with Donald Duck. Note the camera man filming us. We all felt like rock stars!

DSC_0138-2.jpg

Joel having a blast...

DSC_0140-1.jpg

Kisses from Donald

DSC_01422.jpg

A special hello from Minnie

DSC_01462.jpg

These next 2 shots were from Andi's photos. They are of our group being filmed after they announced us at the parade

13533_1233504171688_1651689307_6162.jpg

untitled4.jpg

The Street Party was SUCH a fun event. Here's our group after it ended.

parade.jpg

We had some free time after the Street Party, so a bunch of us headed over to try to ride the newly renovated Space Mountain. Unfortunately it wasn't working, so instead we went on Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin.

Here's Suzannah and Amanda W.

DSC_0148-1.jpg

Kathie and I

DSC_01512.jpg

Kathie and I had been talking about heading to Downtown Disney to get ornaments that commemorated the Moms Panel Training Trip. Terry decided to join us too, since he needed to pick up several Christmas ornaments to bring home. I was excited to get to know Terry more. On the way out of the Magic Kingdom, I saw these wreaths on the lamp posts...and LOVED them.

Mickey and Christmas...two of my favorite things.

DSC_0152.jpg

We headed over to the Contemporary on the monorail, I grabbed my coat, and we headed down to the shuttle buses. Here's Kathie and I, sporting our new Moms Panel jackets. SO very happy :) I've said this before, but Kathie (my "buddy") and I are a LOT alike. We share many common interests and I truly enjoyed every single moment with her on this trip of a lifetime.

IMG00068-20091205-13552.jpg

Kathie, Terry and I. Side note: I love these 2 people. In fact, I love all of my new Moms Panel friends. It was SO fun to get to know Terry, he is SUCH a wonderful, genuine guy. He and I chatted several times on the trip about our faith and our families. I am so blessed to have all of these amazing people in my life now.

DSC_0153-2.jpg

The 3 of us at Downtown Disney.

DSC_01573.jpg

We ended up enjoying lunch at Wolfgang Pucks, then we went to the Days of Christmas Store where we chose special ornaments. Then we wandered over to the World of Disney for a bit before heading back to the Contemporary to get ready for our exciting dinner.

GREAT update!! The parade looked like so much fun!! What do they do with the footage that they get from taping you?

wow.. I love your report... it would be a dream for me to be able to be on the Moms panel!

GREAT update!! The parade looked like so much fun!! What do they do with the footage that they get from taping you?

:) Thanks :) The footage will most likely be used in the Moms Panel video on the WDW website. :) Stay tuned...the official launch is TODAY!! :)

I am loving your Trip Report. I don't know a lot about the mom's panel, so for me this is all very exciting! It looks like you are having a great time so far! And how about those gift baskets! How nice of them. :goodvibes

first off- congratulations to you! proof that Dreams do Come True! :wizard:

I've applied 3x now too, but never made it to the 2nd round. But I keep right on trying. just keep swimming, just keep swimming. I write for a living at work, so maybe God just wanted to give me a break from it all? who knows. :rotfl::confused3:thumbsup2

Can't wait to get to know all the new Moms and welcome back the old.

Really enjoying your report, it looks like an amazing time. I can't imagine how hard it was to leave your kiddos behind. So sweet that your 7yo said to have a good time and do this for YOU! ahhh!

can't wait to hear more. We were there 12/10-12/20, so right about the same time! :santa: you definitely have to go back and see the lights, they are amazing. Someone was spreading rumors that they were not going to have them next year, but who knows, so many rumors fly around here, i take it all with a grain of salt! lol!

keep the adventures coming!:woohoo:

Loving the trip report! I am so happy you had a great time! I can't wait for this year's Moms Panel selection process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter