A little overwhelmed could use a hand with Early Dec Trip Plans

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to get a full picture...

So one day down but still leaves me needing to plan the rest of the time.
First step seems to be deciding on the parks.
Have 1 day in Magic Kingdom planned ; is that enough for that park? Maybe do the Mickey Xmas Parade night the day before her b-day?
The parade seems overpriced for what it is in, not sure if all of the rides are open and worry it will be too late for our daughter so we won't get good value.
Is it better to plan a 2nd full day at Magic Kingdom instead?

So you're attending MVMCP, on what day? Have you purchased the special event tickets? Rides are open all night long until park close so no worries there, provided you have the event ticket.

If you plan on rising up with the sun to spend a full day at the park you will be tired. All of you. You need to break this day down so it flows.
No, I didn't purchase tickets to the MVMCP. Considering it but so far have not, I think we would have to retire too early to make it worthwhile. The day we will be going to MK is the same day of the Bibbity Bob Boutique reservation and the Royal Table combo package I booked. Given that all is going to take a good amount of time, we may need another day in the park for the rides and to walk it all without rushing as you suggested breaking it out into halves.
Not positive though, with Fast Pass saving us some lines on our top choices and my daughter not as into rides as the experience ; maybe not. Disneyland Paris we did all in 1 day ; the park is smaller but the Studios is connected there so the combo of the two (their versions of MK and HS) which we did may be more than just MK alone. In Paris we also did their version of the Royal Table dinner. Anyway, I think best to make that a last minute decision when in Orlando knowing I will likely lose FP privileges that day if we do a 2nd MK day by not planning it in advance.

The day after ; on the 10th ; I am planning on us having a no park day as I know the 9th from dawn until fireworks after party will be a very tiring day.
If I do a split booking, that is the day we would transition into AK for the rest of our stay and mostly enjoy the resort there ; doing to bulk of our park stuff the days before.

Good on you! Just note tripods and selfie sticks are not allowed in the parks. You also have the ability to ask CM's and Photopass Photographers to take pictures for you.
I thought I had read recently tripods are OK as long as no larger than a backpack size? No Selfie sticks is fine by me. Think I am going to forego the tripod anyway for this trip ; I have some other support items like a Platypod which I know will be acceptable to use and I think be enough for any after dark shots I want to take.

Agree. 12/9 is going to be extremely packed. I would use the time to take some great photos, get a few rides in and if it were my trip I would FP to see Mickey Mouse. If my daughter was all dolled up I would want her to meet the Mouse!

So what happened?
Still in a holding pattern ; will wait a few weeks I think on lodging to figure out Animal Kingdom options for lodging I think before booking anything else.
I did hear back from an agent who had deals on some resorts but not AK ; may use them for a partial stay for the rest of the time.

I may book the airfare next week ; prefer to use JetBlue and know their pricing will only go up not down on the direct flights available now if I wait longer. My dates are for the most part locked in ; really just need to decide if we will stay 5 or 6 nights total before I buy the flights.

I used a lot of Vlogs for my first trip. There are a bunch of really good ones. My best advice is to not over pack your days. It becomes more about a schedule than the magic.

That being said a basic plan/schedule is needed. Just leave yourself some down time to wonder or relax.

My family went last December. It was very hot we were able to use the pool a lot. The Very Merry Christmas Party was our favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter