A little advice please!! (or just reassurance!)

thanks for the tip about the specials starting on the 3rd. Unfortunately we have to be back by the 6th for school and that's already missing one day for my 13yr. Also coming from Colorado puts us noon getting to FL even leaving at 6am.
We could stay somewhere else the first night...hard to pay $255 for that first night at POP, but I'm guessing then we'd have to find alternate transportation from airport and change hotels.
hmmm...too many decisions!!
I have no idea if its even open or what the cost in comparison would be, but a lot of people opt to stay at the Hyatt hotel inside the Orlando airport when they have late arrivals. They can grab their luggage and just walk to the hotel, and the next morning they return to the B Terminal at the airport to get on the Magical Express. Magical Express (airport transportation) entitles all Disney resort guests to one trip FROM the airport and one trip TO the airport. Disney does not care when you use these entitlements during your stay. If you stayed at the Hyatt or another airport hotel, you could return to the airport the next day and board Magical Express to go to your WDW hotel. It would not be the fastest option, but the cost is included with your stay.

thanks...I went back and edited the previous post because I realized they were honoring the special rate on the other nights. It's just that the first night is soo high, it looked like it was not. the 2nd is $255 but the other nights are only about $120.
This might be a good choice for us.
Animation is about $100 more and Carribean and Coronado appx $250 more for the stay. Are there advantages to staying at one vs. the other? preferences?
We just returned from a week long stay at Caribbean Beach, and spent a week at Coronado last year. We've stayed at both in the past as well. We love both resorts, but favor Caribbean because of the Skyliner. In the current environment with limited bus capacity, its such a breeze having the Skyliner for quick transportation to and from Epcot and DHS. Its also walking distance to Riviera, which gives more dining options. Currently, Coronado's quick service food court is closed but they do have more dining options otherwise. I believe they are only placing people in the Casitas and Tower, so the resort is inclined to feel empty which would be nice, especially at the pool.

We love AOA too and like the theme a bit more than Pop. Both of these resorts are also on the Skyliner, but when riding the Skyliner from here, you have to transfer at Caribbean Beach which adds an extra step. Because of this, the lines for the Skyliner can get quite long at park opening. If you don't plan to go at opening or you're ok with using Uber as a back-up plan, then its nothing to really worry about. But its just a con of both resorts in the current environment.

If you're on a strict budget, you can't go wrong with Pop. But if you can swing the difference for Caribbean Beach, I think its worth the upgrade for the nicer resort grounds, amenities, and being at the Skyliner hub.

I would also suggest you delay the trip until parks are offering more.

But, if you really want to go:
1)Have you looked into the new park reservations requirement? I didn't see you mention that aspect, and am worried you don't realize how important this is.

2)ADRs really are the way to go. They will likely "waste" you less time during the day than QS given the current Quick Service situation. Also, if a park closes at, say, 6p.m., you can book your ADR for a 5:55p.m. dinner and stretch out your time in the park.

3)Definitely stay onsite

Good luck with your planning!

If you havent yet read the here and now thread, you should. Most of what you asked has been answered in there. There are probably a lot of things brought up in that thread that you are wondering about and havent asked and a few things it hasnt even occurred to you to wonder about yet. LOL That thread is a great resource. I know it is huge so you might just want to start about 5 days to a week back and read forward from there. Then, of course stay subscribed so you can get the updates. Good luck if you decide to go.

If this it been a dream to go back & might be the last trip for awhile, maybe you should postpone til things get back to a more “normal” experience. It won’t be what you have imagined. Still might have a good time, but it probably won’t live up to your expectations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter