A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

We enjoy playing against each other. I think I’ve said this before, but we used to win a bunch of stuffed animals (just to see who could get more), then we would put them on top of parked strollers outside of Nemo because we didn’t need to actually bring them home.
I love this!!!! Of course we never win anything at those games. But I do like the new prizes they have. They are much nicer now.

The day sounded perfect!

Those bowls are so good, and you can really customize them to what you will like, which is nice.

His hot dog has been de-bunned!

:lmao:Like most kids he jut likes the meat.

I see what you did there. ;)

:goodvibes

Ask for a seat by the windows and you might get lucky and see some fireworks or at the very least you'll get to people watch while waiting for your food.

Very good tip! I would love a seat by the window.

Definitely! We've spent so many hours over lockdown dreaming and planning imaginary (for now) future trips :goodvibes

Keep planning. It's beginning to look better and better for the future.

Sounds like a perfect way to spend an evening :)

It was.

You really do have one very cute grandson

Thank you! You have a very cute grandson too. Don't you have another grand on the way?

I got NOTHING being far too close to the trip. I"m super sad. It'll be mostly CS for us unfortunately.

I'm sorry, maybe you can get a walk up.

How fun!!! Love those kinds of meetings!

Me too! A change to fly our Disney Freak Flag freely.

I see the tide turning and it's such a great feeling!

I'm feeling very optimistic.

WHERE IS THAT?! I want the one!

I don't remember but I think it was there just for Christmas.

I have ordered the Kids Bowl with salad the last couple times I was there; I think I'll mix it up and get this next time. Looks great!

I'm really hoping to get the noodle bowl on our May trip.

Happy Friday Everyone!

I have an update ready to post but wanted to do a small life update. I'm feeling very positive right now. Dennis has been promoted back to position he lost when Covid shut down everything last year. This was big deal for him. I got my first vaccine on Wednesday and Dennis will get his next first dose next Saturday. We should both be fully vaccinated before our May trip. I'm hoping they open up vaccines for Danielle soon. We celebrated Dennis' 1 year Anniversary of surviving his heart attack. We were also happy to see that Chapek thinks the DCP will be starting back up by the end of the year. I don't think the kids will be back working in the park but hopefully they will at least start the application process for a 2022 start. The last year has seen so many changes for everyone but it nice to see things getting better. I hope everyone else has had some good news.

Thursday, December 19th-DHS- Boarding Pass or Bust!

Today was going to be a very busy day. The park was open 7-9 and we had lots of ground to cover. We had an ADR @ 5 pm for Hollywood & Vine with the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We had a Slinky Dog FP staring @ 7:30, Little Mermaid starting @ 9:40 and Beauty & the Beast for the 4:00 show. We also had an ADR for Olga's @ 3 and Dennis had a reservation for a Light Saber build @ 10:10. Just writing this makes me tired.

Today was our only day we had to try for a Boarding Pass for ROTR. This was a really big deal for us. The ride had just opened the week before. I had spent hours reading everything I could find on the best way to get a pass but getting a Lyft or Uber wasn't really going to work for us since we needed a car seat. We had already ruled out the Skyliner since it didn't start running until 6:30 and having to make the transfer @ CBR was going to make it even longer. The plan was to be at the bus stop before 6:00 am but guess what, we didn't make it in time. Someone (not naming any names) wasn't ready. By the time we got to the bus stop we had missed the first bus and now had to wait. The longer I waited the more frustrated I got. We were staying on Disney grounds and had the least chance of making it into the park to get a boarding pass. I'm not really a complainer but when I reach my limit I do voice my opinion. While waiting for the bus a filed a complaint. Maybe I was being unreasonable but at the time it just didn't seem right that onsite guests were having a harder time than guest not staying onsite. My concerns were not addressed until after we returned home but I was given 3 FPs to use on the DCP drop off trip. I know it was pass 6:30 before we got on a bus. I didn't take long to get to the park since POP is so close but the lines were already very long. I split from our group and went all the way to the right. I was hoping to get in before them and be waiting to try to get pass as soon as everyone was tapped in.

This was poor JP waiting in line to get in. He looks so tired.

At 7:02 this was the crowd in front of me.

I did make it in before the others and was waiting for them. As soon as everyone was tapped in Danielle and I both starting trying for a Boarding Pass. Guess who was successful? If you guessed Danielle you would be correct.

We got Group 70!!!!

We of course did a Happy Dance but I have not pictures of video.

As soon as we had secured our pass we split up. Dennis and Danielle headed to RRC. Michelle, John Paul and I headed to Toy Storyland. Today was Michelle's first time to see TSL and I know she couldn't wait to experience it with John Paul. We entered TSL and then stopped for Photo Pass Pictures.

First with the official sign.

Michelle and JP were channeling Buzz and Woody so next we had to get pictures with Buzz. It was pretty cold this morning so John Paul wrapped up while he was in line for Buzz.

He didn't stay wrapped up for long because he was really excited to meet Buzz.

I'm going to stop here so Michelle can share his experience of meeting Buzz.

I'm feeling very positive right now.
Dennis has been promoted back to position he lost when Covid shut down everything last year.
Good news!
I got my first vaccine on Wednesday and Dennis will get his next first dose next Saturday.
That's great! Can't wait when I'm eligible.
We celebrated Dennis' 1 year Anniversary of surviving his heart attack.
This is the best news of all. :goodvibes
We had an ADR @ 5 pm for Hollywood & Vine
One place I've yet to eat.
We had an ADR @ 5 pm for Hollywood & Vine with the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We had a Slinky Dog FP staring @ 7:30, Little Mermaid starting @ 9:40 and Beauty & the Beast for the 4:00 show. We also had an ADR for Olga's @ 3 and Dennis had a reservation for a Light Saber build @ 10:10. Just writing this makes me tired.
:faint:
The plan was to be at the bus stop before 6:00 am but guess what, we didn't make it in time. Someone (not naming any names) wasn't ready.
:rolleyes1
I'm not really a complainer but when I reach my limit I do voice my opinion.
This is good information to have.... for future reference.
My concerns were not addressed until after we returned home but I was given 3 FPs to use on the DCP drop off trip.
Really! Huh! I'm surprised by that. Pleased for you, but... surprised.
Yup. Looks about right.
Love this shot! :)
We got Group 70!!!!
Now I'm wondering how long it took... or if you were even able to go.
Today was Michelle's first time to see TSL and I know she couldn't wait to experience it with John Paul.
Awww... :)
Michelle is really rocking the outfits this trip!
Cutie patootie. :)

Because he was OUT. And so darn cute.

Oh my gosh, it wouldn't let me quote that picture, but that is so darn sweet :love:

The Holiday Dessert we shared.

It looks pepperminty…my favorite 😋

Happy Friday Everyone!

I have an update ready to post but wanted to do a small life update. I'm feeling very positive right now. Dennis has been promoted back to position he lost when Covid shut down everything last year. This was big deal for him. I got my first vaccine on Wednesday and Dennis will get his next first dose next Saturday. We should both be fully vaccinated before our May trip. I'm hoping they open up vaccines for Danielle soon. We celebrated Dennis' 1 year Anniversary of surviving his heart attack. We were also happy to see that Chapek thinks the DCP will be starting back up by the end of the year. I don't think the kids will be back working in the park but hopefully they will at least start the application process for a 2022 start. The last year has seen so many changes for everyone but it nice to see things getting better. I hope everyone else has had some good news.

Love this! It so nice to finally be starting to get back to normal and I love hearing everyone's great news!

Danielle and I both starting trying for a Boarding Pass. Guess who was successful? If you guessed Danielle you would be correct.

Awesome! I haven't been back since they've started allowing people to make their BG reservations from their rooms, but it seems so much less stressful now.

Fabulous photos. Michelle and JP look awesome. Well done to Danielle on getting a boarding group. Crossing my fingers you actually get to use it.
Delighted for you all that Denis is doing so well a year on and congratulations to him on the promotion 🎉

Last edited:
I'm sorry, maybe you can get a walk up.

I hope... but probably not likely given our luck last month.
Me too! A change to fly our Disney Freak Flag freely.

Everyone needs one! :yes:

I don't remember but I think it was there just for Christmas.
Well poop. Maybe there will be more or others I can find!

I'm really hoping to get the noodle bowl on our May trip.
I am excited to try it in a month or so.

We were also happy to see that Chapek thinks the DCP will be starting back up by the end of the year. I don't think the kids will be back working in the park but hopefully they will at least start the application process for a 2022 start.

YES!! I saw that and am so, SO happy!!

Today was our only day we had to try for a Boarding Pass for ROTR. This was a really big deal for us.

I am personally not a fan of the method now. It is too randomly fair to everyone involved.
I'm not really a complainer but when I reach my limit I do voice my opinion.

Yep, me too. I try to be calm and then... snap.
Been there and done this. Sucks.

If you guessed Danielle you would be correct.

:banana:
B
Uber cute!!!

Dennis has been promoted back to position he lost when Covid shut down everything last year. This was big deal for him. I got my first vaccine on Wednesday and Dennis will get his next first dose next Saturday. We should both be fully vaccinated before our May trip. I'm hoping they open up vaccines for Danielle soon. We celebrated Dennis' 1 year Anniversary of surviving his heart attack. We were also happy to see that Chapek thinks the DCP will be starting back up by the end of the year.
Such great news all around! Dennis must be so relieved to have his job back (you too)! I swear getting vaccinated is a huge weight lifted! I am fully vaccinated and we are anxiously waiting for my husband's turn. He and my BIL & SIL are the last two in the family who need to be vaccinated. SIL is pregnant and wants to wait until after the baby is born, but she is a nurse so should be able to get it right away. I hope they prioritize the CP kids who got sent home last year. They definitely deserve a chance!

:thumbsup2

That's great! Can't wait when I'm eligible.

Our state opened up vaccines for all ages with certain medical conditions. I qualified due to my high blood pressure and Dennis due to his many issues.

This is the best news of all. :goodvibes

I agree.

One place I've yet to eat.

This would be only our second time.

This is good information to have.... for future reference.

Yes it is. I'm very easy going but when I hit my limit you DO NOT want to be around.

Love this shot! :)

Me too!

Now I'm wondering how long it took... or if you were even able to go.

Stay tuned.

Michelle is really rocking the outfits this trip!

Yes she was. I think she spends more time on her outfit planning than anything else.

Last edited:
It looks pepperminty…my favorite 😋

I think it was.

Love this! It so nice to finally be starting to get back to normal and I love hearing everyone's great news!

Thank you!

Awesome! I haven't been back since they've started allowing people to make their BG reservations from their rooms, but it seems so much less stressful now.

I'm really hoping it is less stressful when we try in May.

Fabulous photos. Michelle and JP look awesome.

Thank you!

Well done to Danielle on getting a boarding group.

I'm hoping her fingers are just as good in May.

Crossing my fingers you actually get to use it.

Stay tuned.

Delighted for you all that Denis is doing so well a year on and congratulations to him on the promotion 🎉

Thank you! We've come a long way from last year this time.

I hope... but probably not likely given our luck last month.

Keep checking. I'm sure some ADRs will be cancelled.

Everyone needs one! :yes:

:thumbsup2
I am excited to try it in a month or so.

So good.

YES!! I saw that and am so, SO happy!!

Thank you! She was really thrilled. Things are slowly getting bette.

I am personally not a fan of the method now. It is too randomly fair to everyone involved.

I'll see how I feel after our May visit. If we don't get a boarding pass I'm sure I'll be salty.

Yep, me too. I try to be calm and then... snap.

Same.

Uber cute!!!

Thank you!

Such great news all around! Dennis must be so relieved to have his job back (you too)!

Very big change for us. This last year has just been living one day at a time.

I swear getting vaccinated is a huge weight lifted!

I agree. I feel so much better just have 1 dose, looking forward to the second on the 30th.

I hope they prioritize the CP kids who got sent home last year. They definitely deserve a chance!

So far it looks like the will give them priority. So many kids sent home and many also accepted but not able to come due to the shut down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter