a few ???'s for a 1st timer

lijory

Earning My Ears
I am booked on the 4/29 3 day wonder. We will be staying in DTD for 2 nights before the cruise. I was wondering what time we should leave the hotel on Thursday morning to head to the port? We would like to get there early enough to be towards the front when they start boarding. Also, do boys and the big boys need to wear pants at night to dinner? Do the big boys need jackets for Palo? Thanks a bunch for your help!!!!!!!

You probably want to leave around 9:30 AM if you want to be one of the first in line.

I suppose the "boys and big boys" could wear skirts if they choose but the dress for dinner is "no shorts or jeans." I think most men prefer to wear long pants to skirts (unless they are scottish with nice legs!) In Palo, a jacket is recommended (but not required).

For my boys and Big boy we have always packed one pair of pants (khaki or black) and different shirts. The little boy only ate dinner with us once (and then only for about 1/2 hour) as he was off to the kids club. Never wore the dress clothes again!! The big boy packed one suit coat for Palo but when we got to Palo not everyone was wearing one. A nice shirt/tie would have done the job. I am a compulsive overpacker and have tried the past two cruises to really scale down. Last year I did a much better job and no one was lacking for clothes.

The port usually opens to incoming traffic about 10, the counters open for check in at 10:30. Thus, you want to leave WDW about 9:30 to be at the beginning of the line. If your little boy is old enough, he can get in the boarding line by himself, and you can join him in the line after you have checked in (all sailing adults need to be in the check in line).

You haven't told us how old your son is...younger kids can get away with just about anything....although pants like Dockers with a polo shirt would be the normal for dinner. Yes, you husband should wear a jacket to Palo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter