A few questions about S/D from a newbie

ckcrane

Earning My Ears
My wife and I (married nine months tomorrow) are planning a trip to Disney World in the next 18 months or so. I am a closet Disney fanatic and my wife is a skeptic. I haven't been to Disney World in 7 years and she has never been so our knowledge is dated at best. I have a few questions about the Swan and Dolphin.

1. I want to show my wife the magic of Disney but without the kids only connotation she has about Disney. Is the Swan/Dolphin the right place for us?

2. My wife is a teacher and I noticed the teacher discounts on this page. Do those run year round or are they a one-time offer?

3. As newly weds and 20-somethings, we don't have a huge budget but are willing to wait longer and save for the good things if necessary. What is the best room at the S/D for the money if we plan on spending a lot of time at the parks but also relaxing at the resort some?

4. Which resort? Would Swan or Dolphin be better for a younger couple who like some class but are still kids at heart?

Thank you all for the wonderful posts about the resort. I tried to post this in the thread about S/D but had some technical trouble. I'm looking forward to hearing some of your expert advice.

Welcome ckcrane and happy anniversary tomorrow!! :)

One of our regular posters, glo, compiled the most comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions about the Swan and Dolphin and it is found here

You can get the teachers' discounts through DreamsRES and that link is found here

Hope that helps and we look forward to seeing more of you!
Cathy

The Swan and dolphin have plenty of Disney magic. Their staff has to go through the training that Disney staff does. You are also in the middle of the magic. You can walk to Epcot or MGM.

The teacher discount is year round. There are dates that are not available. Check the FAQ for dates...new ones will be up soon.

If you are not going to spend time in the room, I would suggest the regular room, then follow the directions in the FAQ on improving your chances of getting a free upgrade. It is not a gaurantee, but then you would not waste your money.

For you guys I would sat the Dolphin. The Swan is smaller and much quieter. The DOlphin has more restaurants and bars, and the lobby is always busy. Tubbi's the 24 hour buffeteria is there too.

Hey Thank CC.... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter