A few Palo Brunch questions...

CraftyWitch

A sprinkle of Pixie Dust
We will be enjoying our first Palo Brunch on board the Fantasy in late August, There are two answers I can't seem to find...

1. Is coffee included at brunch? Good coffee? Not what they have at the drink stations.

2. Our reservation is for 12:00 and I read somewhere that brunch is only served until 12:30. Is that true? I don't want to pay $80.00 to scarf down a fast brunch and was hoping to linger.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

I can answer the first one.

The included coffee in Palo is THE SAME as the coffee elsewhere on the ship. The difference is that Palo is not slammed with everyone grabbing it at the same time in a rush so they are able to let a whole pot brew before pulling it. Brewed coffee is not supposed to be pulled early - before the brewing stops - but the demand gets so high in Cabanas and the dining rooms that they have to pull it early.

Our Palo server on the Magic told us that when my dad said how much better the coffee in Palo was.

As for the second question I *think* that is the seating time. But I am not sure as I book the first slot.

We will be enjoying our first Palo Brunch on board the Fantasy in late August, There are two answers I can't seem to find...

1. Is coffee included at brunch? Good coffee? Not what they have at the drink stations.

2. Our reservation is for 12:00 and I read somewhere that brunch is only served until 12:30. Is that true? I don't want to pay $80.00 to scarf down a fast brunch and was hoping to linger.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
1. Yes, there's coffee. Don't know what brand.

2. Your seating is at 12:00. I believe the last seating is 12:30. I could be wrong. Brunch is typically 1 1/2 - 2 hours long. You won't be rushed out.

2. Your seating is at 12:00. I believe the last seating is 12:30. I could be wrong. Brunch is typically 1 1/2 - 2 hours long. You won't be rushed out.
I can't answer your first question because I don't drink coffee, but the PPs are correct. The last seating is at 12:30. You don't have to worry about being done eating by then. They will continue to bring food and replenish the buffet well beyond 12:30. Most of my brunches have been around 90 minutes long, but I could easily see some parties taking 2 hours if they take it slow and savor the experience.

We had a late seating on our first round, 12:30pm, and we didn't feel rushed at all - tons of food available for the entire time we were there.

I seem to recall that the coffee was the same sludge they offer elsewhere, which I still think is not so much "brewed" as it is "reconstituted", but I don't have evidence for that per se. I also think you might be able to order espressos, etc.

Last October we had Brunch on Magic. I love a good cup of coffee. I remember thinking it was pretty good.

And they will never rush you. We usually schedule our brunch for 11:30am.

Enjoy your first brunch, try a little of a lot of things. It’s a great time to try something you have never had.

Have a wonderful time.

We always enjoy Palo..............but especially brunch. We eat closer to noon as well so we prefer the mimosas and Bellini to coffee.

Dont forget to try the Chicken Parm!

Dont forget to try the Chicken Parm!

Can't wait to have Palo brunch in about a month! I heard such great things about the Chicken Parm, Lasagna, but I also want my Full Size Mickey Waffle. Wondering if I'll get a look if I order all 3!

We just did Palo on the 8 night. My SIL had coffee and she said it was much better than elsewhere on the ship. I had the Twining's Forest Fruit Tea...and I wish I could find it off the ship (other than ordering from the UK). Highly recommended to any tea drinkers interested in something different.

Can't wait to have Palo brunch in about a month! I heard such great things about the Chicken Parm, Lasagna, but I also want my Full Size Mickey Waffle. Wondering if I'll get a look if I order all 3!

No. On our last cruise, there were four of us. We did the buffet first, then ordered some items. Then the waiter asked us about ordering our "second course". We ordered a couple of more things and then he came back and talked DH and our friend into sharing a lasagna.

If you want stronger coffee, you'll need to order something other than drip coffee. It's a YMMV thing...my husband loves the coffee there, and I order some stronger...why we have two diff coffee set ups at home too.

We have been to the Palo Brunch at least 15 times. I guarantee you will not be rushed regardless of what time you are seated. The experience usually takes us about two and a half hours. I know you will enjoy it!

We had a 12:30 seating. At 2:30, the Palo staff was cleaning up the brunch, and we were one of the last groups to leave. They will not rush you.

How difficult is it to get Palo brunch reservations as a first-time cruiser on the Dream? We're likely not going to be arriving at the port early as we're coming from Universal and eyeing a late(r) lunch.

How difficult is it to get Palo brunch reservations as a first-time cruiser on the Dream? We're likely not going to be arriving at the port early as we're coming from Universal and eyeing a late(r) lunch.
I would say pretty difficult given the shorter cruise and fewer opportunities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!