• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A few more questions about Cypresse Pointe

Bea

DIS Veteran
I have read threw the numerous posts regarding CP and CPGV. It all looks great.

Questions:

1. Is there a place on the resort that sells drinks (alcoholic)? If so, is it an "outdoor" bar?

2. How far of a walk from the CPGV to the Volcano Pool at CP?

3. Do the 2 resorts "blend" together, or can you tell when you are walking out of one area, into the other?

4. Any "fast food" places close by?

Thanks for all your answers. We have 7 months to go, and I can hardly wait!!:bounce:

I'll try to remember as best I can about a couple of your questions. Others will be probably be able to fill in on the others.

I'm not sure about there being a "bar" so to speak, but I think I remember the gift shop selling beer and maybe some wine coolers, but I might be wrong about that.

I didn't think the walk was that significant to the volcano pool, probably the equivalent to a block or two. I felt the resorts did blend together. You do have to cross a street to walk to the cypress point buildings, but I thought it fit as a whole resort, just the grand villas side was a little newer.

You are only about a mile from the Crossroads shopping area which has plenty of restaurants, you don't even have to go back onto the main road to get to Steak N Shake (loved their milkshakes). You'll find plenty of places to eat around you.

I just got back last Friday from Orlando and with the advice of those on this forum I chose to go through hotelkingdom.com to book a 3br/3ba villa at Cypress Pointe. It was amazing and I would never had gotten that nice of a place for that price just staying at a hotel. Just wanted to say thanks to all those that referred me there.

In answer to your questions:

1. I did not see anywhere by the volcano pool for alcholic drinks. There is a little store and pizza place in one, but I do not remember seeing anything with drinks.

2. The walk from the Grandvillas is not that far, although I did not venture around the resort. To me it blended together.

3. There are plenty of restaurants close by, not sure about the fast foods like Mcdonalds and such, don't remember seeing any, but there are alot of diff. eating places along the road in front of the resort and downtown disney is not very far at all.

I am sure you will love the resort and find everything you need just a short distance away.
Have fun!

I also agree that CP and CPGV really blend well together. We were in building B at CPGV and it was only a short 2 block walk to the Volcano pool...which my girls really didn't love. The water was too cold and the shallowest section was a bit deep for playing in for my youngest. They really preferred the turtle pool.

As far a drinks go, I also don't remember if the convenience store sold single beer/wine coolers. We just took a short ride to the grocery store to stock up. Our condo also had a blender which made mixing up drinks easy (and cheaper). The convenience store did sell slushies for the kids...you could add your own extras!

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions.

2minnies, I like your idea about the blender, great idea!!

:smooth:

Oh, great....now I'll get a reputation for lounging by the pool with a cocktail in my hand......;)

The convenience store/snack bar did sell single beers and other drinks like that in bottles/cans. They also sold 6 packs. They also have pizzas and other fast food prepared there.

We picked up dinner from Macaroni Grill across the main street. You can call ahead and they will bring it to the car.

Just to let you know, in the little store by the volcano pool, everything is very expensive, except for the Pizzas. Be prepared or go to the nearby grocery store for what you need. We only needed a loaf of bread so my mom ran down to get one by the pool. It was a loaf of Walmart bread and it cost.................$4.
Alot of the items in there are walmart brand, but very high. I saw they had milk, but I wouldn't dare look at the price. LOL

Hi all!

I have been trying for months to post, but for whatever reason, aol prevented it. We finally got DSL, and now I can post!!!

In the meantime, I have read everything I could about Cypress Pointe Grande Villas. We will be staying there 8/17 - 8/21. I never would have found this great place without this wonderful board!! So many of my questions have been answered, and the pictures are awesome, as well!!

I do have a question that I hope someone can answer. Is there a hot tub at either of the two pools in CPGV?

Thank-you all for your wonderful posts!! We are soooo excited!!

Dancemom - WE'll be at CPR (the old side) at the same time as you, celebrating my 40th birthday!:bounce: Maybe we'll run into each other!

Slartibartfast -

Just listen for someone calling "Jake" all the time. It doesn't matter where we go, before we leave everyone knows my son's name!!

I'll be celebrating my 43rd birthday while we are there, too!:bday:

There is a hot tub next to the turtle pool, but I'm not sure about by the volcano pool. I'm sure you guys will love spending your birthdays there.

there is also a hot tub near the kiddie pool at the volcano pool

There are hot tubs beside all 3 pools!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

DH and I always head down with a nice "drink" after hitting the parks all day and just resting our weary bones and muscles in the hot tub prepares us for the next day at the parks!::yes::

To those that are heading to CP in the next few weeks.....may you have a gloriously wonderful vacation, both at WDW and CP!:sunny: ::MickeyMo

Happy Birthday to you all!:D We've spent quite a few Birthday's at CP and now we'll be celebrating our 33rd Wedding Anniversary this year in Novemeber!::yes::

Originally posted by BRIANSMOM
I just got back last Friday from Orlando and with the advice of those on this forum I chose to go through hotelkingdom.com to book a 3br/3ba villa at Cypress Pointe. It was amazing and I would never had gotten that nice of a place for that price just staying at a hotel. Just wanted to say thanks to all those that referred me there. .........I am sure you will love the resort and find everything you need just a short distance away.
Have fun!

Thanks for the info. Which building were you in? Did you get a renovated unit? Did it look like they had closed off some additional building to do refurbs?

I too have read the threads on CPGV and CPR and I've noticed that most people get the 2 or 3 bedrooms. Has anyone rented a 1 bedroom? I'm curious - it will just be the two of us when we go, and I'm wondering if the 1 bedroom is comfortable, spacious enough, and also whether you can hear everything that the people in the 2 bedroom next door are saying. :)

oh yes, and sorry, are there coin-laundromats nearby for the 1 bedroom folks?

Thanks for any help :)

The one bedroom is a bed and bathroom in the same room and a balcony. The tub seperates the bed from the bath. There is a entertainment center with a large tv in the room also. To me it would not be as big as a hotel room and I would imagine that you would hear the noises coming from those in the 2 bedroom area, because the foyer and a bedroom and bath are right beside the 1 bedroom door.
If the cost is not that much of a difference, I would go with the 2 bedroom.

I can't remember what building I was in, I was going to right it down, but did not. I know we were in villa 7203, but I can't remember the name. When you walked down the stairs, you could walk right across the parking lot to the volcano pool. I don't think it was a renovated one, I asked before going and they said the owners get those. Our villa was extrememly nice and well taken care of.

The hot tubs are great after all day in the parks! There are two beside the volcano pool. And both big tubs in the 3 bedroom had jets in them too.

We stayed in the older units. We rented a two bedroom for 4 nights, but my friend came and stayed in a studio for one night only. Her studio was connected to our 2 br, making it a 3. It very much felt like part of our condo. No one ever locked her side of the door and I looked in there a couple of days later and noticed that someone else had stayed in there one night. For some reason I was shocked. It felt like they were in our home. I did not know how they slept with all the noise we made. The walls were paper thin. Personally, I would not stay there in the studio.

Is the one bedroom and studio the same thing? Is there any kind of kitchenette in the one bedroom/studio? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter