A few dining reviews, just back on 10/3.

lookingforward

DIS Veteran
We went to the world for three nights this past weekend. Stayed at the AKL concierge (which is one of our favorite places). Here are a few reviews...

Le Cellier: We had 8;30 dinner reservations here and tried to show up a little early :rotfl2: hoping to get a table :confused3 :rotfl: :lmao: The hostess looked a little stressed out and I couldn't blame her. There was a line of people none too happy about the lack of tables or the long wait for one. A man came up and wanted to be seated with 12 people with no ressies. He was a bit abusive to her, she did a great job of holding it together and maintaining her cool. We were finally seated at 9 p.m. It was kind of funny because as each party waiting was seated we all gave a cheer for them. Humor helps. The menu has changed since last year, no lobster, but we were happy with the choices. Since we are a party of five we got to sample the soup (good) the pretzel bread (oh my gosh! Wonderful), ceaser salad (yum, very fresh and generous portion) and the tenderloin kabobs (tender and very flavorful).

Our server was really nice and organized which was great because he was very busy. The kids got smoothies as part of the dining plan. The filet mignon with risotto was amazingly tender, flavorful and perfectly cooked. My husband had the new york strip which he enjoyed (although he did not like the potatoes which were prepared with vinegar). Sons had the prime rib (which they roast but then grill) and he liked it, although it is not the way we are used to prime rib being prepared. My other teen had the shrimp with pasta and did not like it at all. It was in a cheese sauce and very heavy flavored. He helped me with my steak :rolleyes: Our little one had chicken nuggets, I think.

Finally, they serve an ICE wine there that is a dessert in and of itself. Of course it is not on the meal plan but worth every penny. It was heaven!

We loved this restaurant and it was well worth the wait and hoopla trying to get the reservation in the first place!

JIKOS: We did the concierge sunset safari(amazing) with a chefs dinner at JIKOS (160 per person) which included wine pairings. WOW! that is whay I say. I LOVE LOVE this restuarant.

We were seated at table and they brought out various hummus dips with flat breads and pita, which was delicious. They then brought us an appetizer plate with these delicious sweet potato and goat cheese souffles, lentil breads and a spicy veal dish. All were very good.

The entrees came out family style and included their chicken dish baked with mashed potatoes that were made with no butter but tasted very rich and complimented the chicken perfectly. Also included was filet mignon with macoroni and cheese and halibut with butter sauce. Fantastic!

Deserts came out and had a apple parfait that tasted like really good apple pie, creme brulee with bananas and nut and molasses cake. My favorite was the apple parfait which was light and rich at the same time.

Finally, we ate a Konas for lunch on our last day which was an amazing disaster (see previous post). The server was awful, the food was spoiled and the kitchen closed leaving us stranded without edible meals. Kona is one of my alltime favorite restuarants but if I see that server again I am going to run for the hills ;) (and there are no hills in Florida).

The dining plan was great but too much food when you already have the ammenities of concierge. We plan on returning in April for a week and have booked a regular room so that we will be able to enjoy teh dining plan without gaining 20 pounds.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter