A few DAS questions- timing, on file et

Kebby

DIS Veteran
We have been to WDW many time, last in April 2016. My son has got DAS each time. A few questions:

1. Do they keep a record of him on file? or do they start new every time?

2. WE arrive on tuesday, but go to MK on wednesday. I was hoping to pop over to guest relations on the tuesday evening to get DAS before we go to MK the next am. Is this do able? Do I need to bring my entire family with me or can I just do it with my son if I bring all the bands along.

thanks

Not sure about #2, but they do not seem to keep it on file. New photo each time and conversation. Worse, sometimes I need to go every day of my trip, because I am a CM bringing my son in. (last time they gave me a special card to prevent that though). When I was at Universal a few years ago, they said they would keep his info on file, will see next year when we return. (but, it has been years so we will see).

I can't even remember getting a DAS outside the park, at guest relations, I seem to think I usually get it inside.

We have been to WDW many time, last in April 2016. My son has got DAS each time. A few questions:

2. WE arrive on tuesday, but go to MK on wednesday. I was hoping to pop over to guest relations on the tuesday evening to get DAS before we go to MK the next am. Is this do able?

2a Do I need to bring my entire family with me or can I just do it with my son if I bring all the bands along.

thanks

1 I have heard they keep records on every thing.

2 some times GR out side the park can issue the DAS,

2a I was told I needed everyone there, and then the next time I was told just the MB but the one needed the DAS has to be there.

If you want a DAS without going in a park try the GR at the International Gateway entrance in Epcot.

As it's just outside the parks so you can get it there then stop by Ample Hills for some Ice cream lol

I've heard mixed things on the "records." We went in January and brought the old paper pass and they took a new picture but we didn't actually have to have a conversation about it. I just gave them the pass and they took his picture. Now, it could have been that they just watched him attempting to wait in the GR line and could see it was needed.

With the electronic version, I've heard everything from just bring him in for a new picture to having to do the request all over. I'm hoping someone has an answer, but if not, we'll find out on Wednesday when we do our first ever second trip in a year. As with everything, we're planning on the whole rigmarole at Guest Relations but if it's easier, all the better.

I've heard mixed things on the "records." We went in January and brought the old paper pass and they took a new picture but we didn't actually have to have a conversation about it. I just gave them the pass and they took his picture. Now, it could have been that they just watched him attempting to wait in the GR line and could see it was needed.

With the electronic version, I've heard everything from just bring him in for a new picture to having to do the request all over. I'm hoping someone has an answer, but if not, we'll find out on Wednesday when we do our first ever second trip in a year. As with everything, we're planning on the whole rigmarole at Guest Relations but if it's easier, all the better.

I go to Disney about once every 45-60 days and for the most part I will just walk in say I need to renew my DAS and the CM is like Ok takes my scanned my BM and sometimes takes my pictures, every once and a while I get the why do you need a DAS, but I say about 5 words ad they are like ok. So, in the end, I just let the CM know what they want to know.

It's been a couple years since we were here last but when we walked into GR, they asked if my DD had the DAS before, scanned her ban, and issued the DAS without asking any questions as to why we needed it. DD was all prepared to advocate for herself this time and didn't need to go into any detail at all. So I took that to mean they had something on file for her that explained her issues. They did take a new picture though.

2a I was told I needed everyone there, and then the next time I was told just the MB but the one needed the DAS has to be there.

I would hope the person requiring the DAS would have to be present each time.

If you want a DAS without going in a park try the GR at the International Gateway entrance in Epcot.

As it's just outside the parks so you can get it there then stop by Ample Hills for some Ice cream lol

Unless you are staying at an EPCOT resort, it's very hard to get to the International Gateway. There's no parking for EPCOT on that side of the park, and no Disney transportation either.

It's been a couple years since we were here last but when we walked into GR, they asked if my DD had the DAS before, scanned her ban, and issued the DAS without asking any questions as to why we needed it. DD was all prepared to advocate for herself this time and didn't need to go into any detail at all. So I took that to mean they had something on file for her that explained her issues. They did take a new picture though.

I think they should ask the questions each time. Sometimes needs change, people's abilities change, kids grow out of issues, etc.

The information on post one of this thread is kept up to date: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

The further pages in that thread are from when DAS first began and are not pertinent or current.

They do keep a record. We got our first DAS a few months after the program first started, when it was paper based.
Since that time, there has been a record for our daughter, who the DAS is for.

Like anything electronic, it's possible for the record to get damaged or not be readable, so even though it is saved, there is a possibility that the record will not be there.
They DO need to link it to Magicbands each time because the link does not necessarily stay linked. We have sometimes needed to get a new picture of her - I think those 'time out' after a while, probably because many of the people DAS is issued to are children and will change in appearance.
Also, as some others posted, the CMs may also check periodically to make sure needs have not changed.

2. WE arrive on tuesday, but go to MK on wednesday. I was hoping to pop over to guest relations on the tuesday evening to get DAS before we go to MK the next am. Is this do able? Do I need to bring my entire family with me or can I just do it with my son if I bring all the bands along.

thanks
They have been able to see the people on our My Disney Experience account and have asked which of our 'friends and family' from that list we want linked. We've always had those people with us, but I do know other people have been able to get them linked with just their Magicbands or park passes.
The person DAS is being issued to must be present, along with a responsible party to sign the agreement if the DAS Holder is a child or not able to agree/sign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!