A Dwarf For Every Emotion: A 2017 Dopey (Grumpy?!) Challenge Trip Report! COMPLETE

The only other place I've been able to get the cases is at D-Tech in Magic Kingdom. It's in the Space Mountain gift shop. Would definitely be nice to order online!
There's a D-Tech in Magic Kingdom?! I had no idea!

Congratulations again! I am really considering renting a car next time just because of this report!
Thank you! I am really excited to rent a car next month for Princess...it's so funny because it's something I thought I would never do, but it is such a huge time saver! I do think the Disney buses are great for what they are, but I am definitely team car rental from here on out! :car:

I've read your report but never commented...and I teared up while reading! Congrats! Completing a marathon is just an incredible accomplishment! You should be damn proud of YOU!
Well done!

There's a D-Tech in Magic Kingdom?! I had no idea!

YEP! Such a time saver if you don't already have plans to head over to Disney Springs. I got my cover there this year and last. (It's pretty hidden and you wouldn't know about it unless you were coming off of Space Mountain). They have one in DHS too. In the new Star Wars shop area. Not sure if they have all designs (but they have like every star wars case imaginable...I know because we have to look at them every trip for DH).

Thank you! I am really excited to rent a car next month for Princess...it's so funny because it's something I thought I would never do, but it is such a huge time saver! I do think the Disney buses are great for what they are, but I am definitely team car rental from here on out! :car:

We had a car for a recent trip and LOVED it! We are renting one again for Star Wars Dark Side. Since we will have the car, we are going to stay off property too to save a little money. The only part about driving that we don't love is parking at the TTC for Magic Kingdom. We try to make an ADR at one of the monorail resorts so we can park there.

I've read your report but never commented...and I teared up while reading! Congrats! Completing a marathon is just an incredible accomplishment! You should be damn proud of YOU!
Well done!
Thank you for reading! I am pretty damn proud of myself, to be honest. :teeth:
YEP! Such a time saver if you don't already have plans to head over to Disney Springs. I got my cover there this year and last. (It's pretty hidden and you wouldn't know about it unless you were coming off of Space Mountain). They have one in DHS too. In the new Star Wars shop area. Not sure if they have all designs (but they have like every star wars case imaginable...I know because we have to look at them every trip for DH).
Ohhhhh. Okay, I DO know where that is! I had no idea they had the race weekend phone cases there! Must keep this in mind for the future...thanks!!
We had a car for a recent trip and LOVED it! We are renting one again for Star Wars Dark Side. Since we will have the car, we are going to stay off property too to save a little money. The only part about driving that we don't love is parking at the TTC for Magic Kingdom. We try to make an ADR at one of the monorail resorts so we can park there.
Yeah, that's a huge plus - I think it totally opens up more resort options for sure. There are other places on-property where I have wanted to stay but I don't want to be 100% bus-dependent. :thumbsup2 Or even off-property, like you said.

I didn't think the TTC was too bad this time but it's definitely a process to park there and get to MK. I could see it getting crazy!!

:yay: woo hoo! You did it! What an amazing comeback after a tough year! Love your photos - you get the best medal shots!

Congratulations on all you've overcome to complete this! That finish line photo of you fighting back the tears - aw, man! I have been there - just overwhelmed by emotion, accomplishing something I wasn't sure I could do. Looking forward to princess next month!

:yay: woo hoo! You did it! What an amazing comeback after a tough year! Love your photos - you get the best medal shots!

Congratulations on all you've overcome to complete this! That finish line photo of you fighting back the tears - aw, man! I have been there - just overwhelmed by emotion, accomplishing something I wasn't sure I could do. Looking forward to princess next month!
Thank you!! :yay: I am so happy with how the races went!

So excited for Princess! Can't believe it's less than 1 month away!

There's one in Star Wars Launch Bay in Hollywood Studios, too. At least there was during W&D weekend. Who knows with all the activity over there! :)
again - no idea! They make it seem like the race cases are only at Disney Springs. Thanks!

I have never gotten so many compliments on something I have worn - running or otherwise (except on my wedding day!). I seriously had 20-30 people tell me that they loved my outfit, that it was beautiful, etc. I was called “the butterfly,” “butterfly girl,” etc. As in “GO BUTTERFLY!” Little kids and volunteers especially really responded to it.
Once again, I love your TR and ofcourse your outfit :-)

Didn't you wear the Christmas Sweater Outfit at Wine & Dine?! I got so many compliments for my nice ugly christmas sweater, in the end that kept me going :)

Once again, I love your TR and ofcourse your outfit :-)

Didn't you wear the Christmas Sweater Outfit at Wine & Dine?! I got so many compliments for my nice ugly christmas sweater, in the end that kept me going :)
I did! I got a lot of nice compliments on that one too, but not quite as many as the butterfly. :)

31863877390_9285d1b795_z.jpg
That is funny, I also got a photo whith Snow White, I was so happy getting this photo with her, because I told everybody, she would be the only photostop I am going to do. Anyways, I was so nervous meeting her, I just gave the CM my iPhone without turning it on. Luckily another CM know how to start the Camera App without entering the Pincode.

After checking my photo at the hotel I saw, that we both watched in two different cameras. And the really bad thing is, also in all of my MemoryMaker Photos we look in different cameras :-(

That is funny, I also got a photo whith Snow White, I was so happy getting this photo with her, because I told everybody, she would be the only photostop I am going to do. Anyways, I was so nervous meeting her, I just gave the CM my iPhone without turning it on. Luckily another CM know how to start the Camera App without entering the Pincode.

After checking my photo at the hotel I saw, that we both watched in two different cameras. And the really bad thing is, also in all of my MemoryMaker Photos we look in different cameras :-(
Aw that stinks that you guys were looking in different directions! I have definitely had that happen before with character pictures. :(

Guatemala dude had to be hurting by the end!! Body glide is the only way to go, I have never had that issue! Loved the outfit btw, had I seen you on the course I would have total said something also. float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

LOTS of catching up to do here!

Sunscreen! Good advice -- I'm super pale and burn at the hint of sun. Need to remember that! I'm used to running in all kinds of layers in the cold these days, so my poor pale skin hasnt seen sunlight in months.

I love the idea of breaking it up into smaller chunks - I need to look at the PHM course map and come up with a way to break it down.

Wow - cone alley is tight -- eek! I really need to work out my run/walk in a crowd strategy.

Bleeding nipples never fails to make me shudder -- looks so painful! Poor Guatemala!

A friend of mine did the full marathon in place of the 1/2 -- I can't imagine! Must have been adrenaline or something! I am so surprised how many people did that and didn't stop at the 13.1 mark!

What a jerk (the guy yelling about the migraine) -- my annoyance on your behalf just turned to smiles though, seeing the little kid with the cone hat!

I almost ugly cried seeing you ugly cry -- this does NOT bode well for the PHM happening tear-free. I can only imagine what finishing felt like for you -- amazing! You earned every single one of those medals.

Your post race time at Epcot, and that dinner, both looked perfect!

Congratulations again!! And good luck at PHM! See you there!!

LOTS of catching up to do here!

Sunscreen! Good advice -- I'm super pale and burn at the hint of sun. Need to remember that! I'm used to running in all kinds of layers in the cold these days, so my poor pale skin hasnt seen sunlight in months.
Yeah, I am still kicking myself for forgetting to put it on! Not good!!
I love the idea of breaking it up into smaller chunks - I need to look at the PHM course map and come up with a way to break it down.
I really do think it helps! I'll probably do something similar for PHM, haven't thought about it much yet. :)
Wow - cone alley is tight -- eek! I really need to work out my run/walk in a crowd strategy.
Just try your best to be aware of all of your surroundings. It's tough for PHM with so many newer runners but it'll still be fun!
Bleeding nipples never fails to make me shudder -- looks so painful! Poor Guatemala!
I know! That cannot be a good feeling!
A friend of mine did the full marathon in place of the 1/2 -- I can't imagine! Must have been adrenaline or something! I am so surprised how many people did that and didn't stop at the 13.1 mark!
Crazy! So awesome that they finished!
What a jerk (the guy yelling about the migraine) -- my annoyance on your behalf just turned to smiles though, seeing the little kid with the cone hat!
Cone Hat Kid was a highlight!
I almost ugly cried seeing you ugly cry -- this does NOT bode well for the PHM happening tear-free. I can only imagine what finishing felt like for you -- amazing! You earned every single one of those medals.
Thank you!! :yay:

Running brings out an emotional side in a lot of people, for sure. I'm hoping I don't cry at GSC but who knows!
Your post race time at Epcot, and that dinner, both looked perfect!
It was! :cloud9: I was so happy and relieved, such a great day!
Congratulations again!! And good luck at PHM! See you there!!
Thanks! And thanks for reading! :yay: Eek just a little over 2 weeks to go! :eek:[/QUOTE]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter