A Disney-addicted mom braves the August (2010) heat! *11/28 Update!*

Nice updates!! I agree with you about the bathrooms at LTT, they are sooo small and unlike any other disney potty which is huge and can accomodate a ton of people!!

We've always enjoyed LTT dinner. I had a friend in college who worked there..friends with some of the characters.. and she said the food is 100% fresh unlike some of the comments about it being frozen and what-not. I wish they had the characters still at dinner..sigh!

I've basically only eaten sandwich type stuff there. Glad I'm not the only crazy bathroom hater! :rotfl2:

Amanda

The rain continued after lunch and we were pretty ready to have some down time. We decided to look in the shops on Main Street on our way back. We were really ready to buy anything yet but thought it would be fun to get ideas for later. I was really against taking the bus again. I had been traumatized by the morning bus trip and I convince my DH that we needed to take the monorail to Epcot and walk through to BCV. He was skeptical because of the huge uphill ramps but I won.
It certainly wasn't the most efficient way to get back to the hotel. We took the monorail to TTC (via the Contemporary because I got us on the wrong monorail) and the switched to the Epcot monorail. We then had to go through bag check again (I had forgotten that detail when I made my brilliant plan). It was still drizzly but thankfully not horribly hot. We stopped at KP to pick up a mission for later. :thumbsup2 And we finally made it to BCV.
The kids were wet and a little cold. I came up with another brilliant plan: let the kids take a warm bath together in the whirlpool tub and then get them dressed for dinner! They loved the whirlpool tub! Zachary could practically swim in it. I didn't take pics because I'm funny about nekkid pics of my kids but, trust me, they were cute.
I think Tom and I probably showered (I assume we did after being wet all day) and dressed. And everyone wore "handsome clothes" for dinner (or beautiful dresses, depending on gender!).

Amanda

Great updates! It's sounds like you had a very wet but still magical day at MK. pixiedust:

Even though it was less efficient I think I'd have probably done the same thing with traveling back a different way. I just don't like doing the same thing all the time, even something as simple as riding the bus.

That whirpool tub was a great plan. My kids loved taking a bath together when they were little and it was always adorable. :cutie:

Sounds like you did an awesome job coping with the rain at MK. We usually return to the BC via the monorail and a walk through EPCOT. Even before we ever stayed at BC, we would hop to EPCOT after a morning at MK.

That was so thoughtful and kind of you to share your snacks. I'm sure it really made that mom's day!

So nice of you to share the snacks. Sometimes a simple kind gesture can go a long way. I have done that on the airplane many times when parents did not have snacks for their young children. I'm enjoying your report.

I thought it was funny the only sweatshirt you could find for the 2 year old had a skull and crossbones on it. I guess that is what you get for being in the Pirate store. Usually Disney is better at providing ways to get you to part with your money;)

Great updates! It's sounds like you had a very wet but still magical day at MK. pixiedust:

Even though it was less efficient I think I'd have probably done the same thing with traveling back a different way. I just don't like doing the same thing all the time, even something as simple as riding the bus.

That whirpool tub was a great plan. My kids loved taking a bath together when they were little and it was always adorable. :cutie:

The rain was such a blessing!
The kids LOVED the big bathtub!!!

Sounds like you did an awesome job coping with the rain at MK. We usually return to the BC via the monorail and a walk through EPCOT. Even before we ever stayed at BC, we would hop to EPCOT after a morning at MK.

That was so thoughtful and kind of you to share your snacks. I'm sure it really made that mom's day!

My DH was not thrilled with my monorail plan but it was much less stressful for me.
I was happy to have extra snacks to share since I've been that mom before!!!

So nice of you to share the snacks. Sometimes a simple kind gesture can go a long way. I have done that on the airplane many times when parents did not have snacks for their young children. I'm enjoying your report.

I agree. We've all been on the other side of that.

I thought it was funny the only sweatshirt you could find for the 2 year old had a skull and crossbones on it. I guess that is what you get for being in the Pirate store. Usually Disney is better at providing ways to get you to part with your money;)

It's funny because I looked in the store near Splash Mountain first and they didn't have any kid sweatshirts. They suggested going to Pirates. :confused3 I found him something cute at Epcot later in the trip....

Amanda

OMG. I totally forgot part of our MK day. :idea:
After walking down Main Street and thru the shops, we realized that Zachary needed a diaper change. Tom took him to that bathroom next to Guest Services. The big kids and I were on the other side near Tony's. I was slowly pushing the 2 strollers forward so we'd be near the train station when Tom returned. Suddenly, a character appeared right near us. We quickly got in line for autographs and pics. Tom and Zachary re-appeared just then...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It's funny because we own the Pinocchio movie and Nathaniel is absolutely terrified of it. He hates the part where the children turn into donkeys and refuses to watch the movie at all!!!
We didn't seek out characters unless it was during a meal so it was fun to see Pinocchio!

Amanda

I just remembered that Jessica and I had a quick visit with Belle in Epcot on our first day there. Remember when I was "in" the show in France? Right before that Jessica and I visited Belle and got an autograph. I think we'll have a photopass picture when I finally get around to ordering the CD.

Amanda

So glad you got your phone back!!!

We are just like you guys - early risers and rope drop fans. And outta the Park at Lunch!;)

Sounds like you were getting a lot accomplished during your trip!

I can't believe after hearing about my awful trek from MK to BC via the walk thru Epcot you decided to do it....in August heat nonetheless!:laughing: However...at least you had strollers with you. That was my downfall. The kids would have been fine if they could have been pushed. Yikes! I still shudder at the thought of that awful experience!:scared1:

So glad you got your phone back!!!

We are just like you guys - early risers and rope drop fans. And outta the Park at Lunch!;)

Sounds like you were getting a lot accomplished during your trip!

I can't believe after hearing about my awful trek from MK to BC via the walk thru Epcot you decided to do it....in August heat nonetheless!:laughing: However...at least you had strollers with you. That was my downfall. The kids would have been fine if they could have been pushed. Yikes! I still shudder at the thought of that awful experience!:scared1:

I thought of you while we were doing it. Does that count??? :lmao: The kids were fine with it but DH thought it was too many hills. I was still traumatized from sitting on the floor of the bus in the morning so anything seemed better than a repeat of that! :rotfl2:

Amanda

Another LTT bathroom hater here. I am pretty sure they are not ADA compliant!!!! (note to self, make sure you go to the bathroom before going there, those stairs will KILL your knee!)

Seeing Ponoccio made me think the kids haven't seen that movie and I am sure we have it........hmmmmmmmmm looks like 'sleepover night' this weekend with a movie!!!!! Thanks!:wizard:

I love sharing Pixie Dust. Our last trip we had gotten glow swords from the Dollar Tree. We had one for each of the boys and for my DN, Chey. We let the kids have them in Epcot on the boat from the countries (Italy, maybe?) to Future World. At 13 Chey really didn't need one, so we offered it to man who was sitting with his 4yo son. He was so amazed that we just gave it to him, he offered us money, but I told him, it was from the Dollar Store and just seeing how happy his little guy was with it made my night!!!!! I have gotten more swords for this trip and am pretty sure I got an extra one!!!!

It seems like all it did was rain on your trip!!!!

Aww, I'm glad Nathaniel liked meeting Pinocchio even if he doesn't like the movie. :goodvibes

Joining in...
I'm also a DrMom (of 2) AND a Disney addict...also 38 (but about to turn 39:scared1:)
One of our sons also has a medical issue (FPIES), it prompts us to travel to Disney for most of our vacations because they handle it so well!
Now going back to the start to catch up!

Another LTT bathroom hater here. I am pretty sure they are not ADA compliant!!!! (note to self, make sure you go to the bathroom before going there, those stairs will KILL your knee!)

Seeing Ponoccio made me think the kids haven't seen that movie and I am sure we have it........hmmmmmmmmm looks like 'sleepover night' this weekend with a movie!!!!! Thanks!:wizard:

I love sharing Pixie Dust. Our last trip we had gotten glow swords from the Dollar Tree. We had one for each of the boys and for my DN, Chey. We let the kids have them in Epcot on the boat from the countries (Italy, maybe?) to Future World. At 13 Chey really didn't need one, so we offered it to man who was sitting with his 4yo son. He was so amazed that we just gave it to him, he offered us money, but I told him, it was from the Dollar Store and just seeing how happy his little guy was with it made my night!!!!! I have gotten more swords for this trip and am pretty sure I got an extra one!!!!

It seems like all it did was rain on your trip!!!!

I totally agree about sharing pixie dust. As the trip goes on you'll see how many times we had a little pixie dust thrown our way. The room was just the beginning!

Aww, I'm glad Nathaniel liked meeting Pinocchio even if he doesn't like the movie. :goodvibes

It was fun seeing Pinocchio. And he really got down to the kids' level so they felt comfortable.

Joining in...
I'm also a DrMom (of 2) AND a Disney addict...also 38 (but about to turn 39:scared1:)
One of our sons also has a medical issue (FPIES), it prompts us to travel to Disney for most of our vacations because they handle it so well!
Now going back to the start to catch up!

I'm turning 39 next month (October) so we're the same! Welcome!!!! Disney is amazing with special-needs kids!!!

Amanda

I forgot another Mousekeeping point. So we got back to our room after taking the monorail to Epcot, etc. The Mousekeeper (a very nice Nigerian woman whose name is escaping me right now) was in the middle of doing our room. It was probably 2:30-3pm? She was quite nice about it but it was a little annoying. We'd been gone all day and were wet and tired. She worked around us (basically just needed to put sheets on the beds and she was done). She did talk to us about the fact that we're usually gone all morning and in the room in the afternoon. (There is a point to my Mousekeeping comments - just wait!)
I confirmed that she had received the Mousekeeping tip envelopes that the kids had made and she thanked us.

Amanda

I've just caught up.:)
Your Nathaniel sounds just like my oldest son - same age, same personality, and mine also plays violin! Suddenly he has become a daredevil though - rode the Corkscrew at Cedar Point this summer (he is really tall for his age) and we couldn't believe it - with that he has already surpassed his mother's level of daring! I think he and DH will be on Space Mountain on our upcoming trip!

I couldn't help but laugh at your "bodily fluid" problems comment. I do not know what it is but every time we went on vacation while my youngest was in diapers, we had some sort of poopy disaster. Many of these in WDW. I have actually thrown away a number of pieces of clothing in the WDW baby centers/restrooms! No way I was trekking those home! Finally he was out of diapers on our last trip (in May).

Sounds like those ponchos are getting their workout this trip. We had only used ours like once each trip until May 2009. Days and days of continuous rain. There was just nothing we could do - no stopping indoors to wait it out because it never stopped! We were soaked day in-day out, thank goodness it was warm so we weren't wet and freezing.

We actually love the walk to DHS from Boardwalk area and the monorail-walk through Epcot to the resort and have done both many times. But, we would much rather be walking than on any of the transportation in general (except DS6 loves the monorail).

I am really enjoying your report so far!!!
I know how hard it is to update when back to the real world. I so meant to do a TR for our May 2010 trip but here it is Sept and no time!!!
Can't wait to hear morepopcorn::

p.s. I also find the LTT bathroom too small and yucky - I have actually taken the kids out of there to the nearest restroom in the park and come back to our meal.

I had that problem when I was there a few weeks ago. There was one day when we left for the park at 4:00pm and the room had not been done yet. We're not too fussy but it was done. My friend said they work up till 5pm so I guess we must have been the last room but it was a huge check-out day that day she said so they would do all the other rooms first for those checking in!

I LOVE Soarin'. I think it's my favorite Disney ride. And Nathaniel agrees with me. But we had 3 tired, hot, hungry, and crabby children. So lunch won out. We decided to go check out the new Italian restaurant. They aren't taking ADRs for these dates yet (you can get an ADR for dates later in the year) so we thought it would be fun to try it. We walked the very long walk to Italy and got there a few minutes before 11:30. The kids ran around in the courtyard (I swear, they should be pushing us in strollers! :lmao: ) until lunch time.

We had the pleasure of trying Via Napoli. The restaurant is lovely. High ceilings create an open feeling. Our waiter was fabulous. Attentive, helpful, nice. We ordered 2 kid pizzas for the children to share, fruit cocktail for the kids. Tom ordered pasta (some vegetable since the other pastas all contained pork) and I got the pizza with melon and prosciutto (I would have ordered it anyway but the waiter recommended it). For $3 per person we had a delicious salad with our meal. The pizzas took a little while (nothing outrageous but they'll need to speed this up before the crowds hit!) but the waiter let us know what was going on. The kids were starving and ate a ton. Note to self: bigger breakfast!!!!

After lunch the kids wanted to go swimming. No amount of manipulation was going to work. So back to BCV we went...

Amanda

I found it and I'm reading! So you liked Via Napoli?? It's TS, right? I'm thinking about adding it to our list. What did you think about the cantaloupe on the pizza? Were the kids pizza's fancy too or just pretty basic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!