A different 'how many days' question.

vleeth

I heart Disney
I'm planning a trip to Discovery Cove this fall. We can also go to Sea World and Aquatica for 14 days. My question is how many days do we need if we don't plan to go all day?

My 13 year old does her schoolwork online. My plan is to get to the park at opening. Leave in time to have a late lunch elsewhere. We will then do schoolwork in the a/c during the hottest part of the day and return to the park for a few hours before close.

How many days will it take before we've done everything a few times?

That's a tough question to answer. Fewer days if you're not big coaster people. But then again, lines are shortest at the beginning and end of the day, so with a few mornings you'll have more time to get rides in quickly.

Look online at their shows and typical schedules to get an idea what you'll want to do and the timing between shows. Remember there is a fair walk between most show locations.

The two parks are very close, so you could do Aquatica and Sea World the same day if you want.

Are you driving? If so, parking more than once will be more expensive than upgrading one of your Discovery Cove admissions to the ultimate package which includes Busch Gardens and free parking at SW, Aquatica, and BG.

Are you driving? If so, parking more than once will be more expensive than upgrading one of your Discovery Cove admissions to the ultimate package which includes Busch Gardens and free parking at SW, Aquatica, and BG.

I plan to upgrade one of us to get free parking because we are driving.

Thanks for trying. I know its hard to make a guess on this because so much depends on different peoples likes/dislikes. I'll spend some time looking at the website and show schedules. Right now I'm thinking about staying long enough to have 5 days plus our day at Discovery Cove.

I did 2 full days at Sea World (including a BOGO Dine w/ Shamu & Wild Arctic tour) and really would have enjoyed a third day, as we only watched each show once and didn't have a whole lot of time at each exhibit - there's quite a lot to do to keep yourself occupied. We did see at least the brief version of everything though. Also did 1/2 day at Aquatica, would have easily been a full day if my friend actually enjoyed water parks...

It might also depend on the time of year / hours for Sea World each day. Obviously if they're open later it could allow more time in fewer days.

I did 2 full days at Sea World (including a BOGO Dine w/ Shamu & Wild Arctic tour) and really would have enjoyed a third day, as we only watched each show once and didn't have a whole lot of time at each exhibit - there's quite a lot to do to keep yourself occupied. We did see at least the brief version of everything though. Also did 1/2 day at Aquatica, would have easily been a full day if my friend actually enjoyed water parks...

It might also depend on the time of year / hours for Sea World each day. Obviously if they're open later it could allow more time in fewer days.

Thank you for your response. I think I will plan on being there 5 days. We will then move to Ft. Wilderness for 2 nights. So if we decide we would like more time at the parks we can go on those days. (We don't plan to go to the Disney parks this trip.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter