• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Comprehensive Introduction to DVC

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Very good primer on DVC! Its nice to have everything in one place.

I quickly skimmed through the posts, so forgive me if the following has already been covered: In Post #12, under the section "What if I decide not to remain a member?", I would discuss the difference between selling a deed and making a gratuitous transfer. Selling a deed encumbers the deed with the resale restrictions that were effectuated in March 2011. A gratuitous transfer is not subject to the resale restrictions.

Thanks Wil! I added that.

Also, this section might be a good place to mention that DVC deeds, like other real property, can be passed down to heirs.

I added a post on how to deed a DVC purchase.

Edited to Add: Perhaps this is beyond the scope of this primer, but it would be nice to have a chart showing the schedule of soft goods and hard good renovations at each resort. Occasionally, I'll see discussions on the boards asking about when a resort is due for a renovation, or when did it last undergo a refurbishment.

Hey, I go to DVCNews for that!

Last edited:
Fantastic thread! Super helpful for anyone considering DVC and will be helpful for me should we make another purchase in the future!

Fantastic thread! Super helpful for anyone considering DVC and will be helpful for me should we make another purchase in the future!

Thanks!

The DVC Co-Moderators will discuss how to integrate this thread into the DVC Resource sticky.

Revised to add some additional information and add some links to other posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter