A ? about the service at Rainforest Cafe in AK

meganbear

Mouseketeer
I've already made PS for 11:45 for Friday May 14, but now I've been reading about how slow the service is. I know the kids will love this place (ages 9,8 and 5) we live in WV and have no RainForest Cafe even in the state, BUT I don't want to be in a restaurant for 2 hours for lunch! So is this slow service the norm at this place? I might have to cancel my PS if this is the case and if I do where is another place the kids might enjoy (that also serves decent food and I'm not against using counter service).

I have eaten there twice and didn't have a problem with the service. Seems like we were in and out in about an hour on both occasions.

Just got back from the Rainforest at AK. I booked a PS for like 11:45. We were seated by noon, but by 1 we still didnt have our meals. This was even after our server accidently dumped a coke on ds 14. Its a great place and I know the wait is long, but its a good place to relax and take an ac break. We also did not order any appetizers. You might want to go to deb wills allears site, review the menus and already make your choice. I dont know if lists entirely every choice, but when you sit down, they generally take your drink orders only. I would say I/we know what we want and want to order our meal now etc. That might shave a little time off. We had dessert, so that made our experience later, but we were not in a rush. For counter service with kids I would definetely do pizzafari with the kids meal vouchers they offer. The walls are decorated really cute. Flame Tree has great food but you have to eat outside and if its a hot day that might not go over too well. My kids least favorite is tusker house, but dh and I like it. They say the mac and cheese tastes weird etc. Good luck deciding.

Our service here while quite good, was slow. We had to wait on our waiter to get our drink order, then our food order and it took like 30-45 minutes for our food. We really were fine with it as we were tired and really needed a break. We were there about 2 hours and that included desert. It's a neat place and we think well worth the money and the wait.

Jordans' mom

were there in Jan, service was average, took us about an hour from appe. to dessert. our problem was we were too full, not the service. guessing slowness may depend on time of year and we did have an early lunch Ps ( although we didn't really need one) so may not be a good place to go during peak hrs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter