90 day recovery status?

I really hope so because that's what I have for my son. It didn't occur to me that the "rapid" might present a problem when proving a positive. Have you uploaded your letters yet?
Yes! They took it no problem!! All our letters and positive test results were approved/clear to sail within a few minutes of upload. Huge relief!

I saw comments about Jamaica giving people issues about getting off with a 90 day recovery letter. We are cruising soon and stopping at Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay. Has anyone cruised this itinerary recently and heard if there are issues with the 90 day letter at any of these ports?

Someone on our upcoming cruise had a letter that was issued only FIVE days after testing positive and it was accepted by Safe Passage. Did anyone else have a letter that dated less than 10 days from testing? This would solve a huge problem for us logistically.

My son tested positive today. Our cruise is in 8 weeks does he still need a letter from a doctor that seems kind of silly to me.

Someone on our upcoming cruise had a letter that was issued only FIVE days after testing positive and it was accepted by Safe Passage. Did anyone else have a letter that dated less than 10 days from testing? This would solve a huge problem for us logistically.
No, but when I called Safe Passage to get information about what was need for the letter, the person I talked to told me that the letter could be done at 5 days, and eluded to the fact that is a change from how it used to be, when they were more strict.

I saw comments about Jamaica giving people issues about getting off with a 90 day recovery letter. We are cruising soon and stopping at Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay. Has anyone cruised this itinerary recently and heard if there are issues with the 90 day letter at any of these ports?
Yes, I cruised on the 5/14 EC sailing on the Fantasy with those same ports, with a 90 day recovery letter, and had no issues. No checking anything either.

My son tested positive today. Our cruise is in 8 weeks does he still need a letter from a doctor that seems kind of silly to me.
If he wants to be exempt from embarkation testing, yes. Folks can continue to test positive for up to 90 days (mostly with PCR, I think), so this would allow for him to feel more secure with being able to cruise, if he does end up testing positive later. It is up to you, though. No one is required to go the 90 day recovery letter route.

If he wants to be exempt from embarkation testing, yes. Folks can continue to test positive for up to 90 days (mostly with PCR, I think), so this would allow for him to feel more secure with being able to cruise, if he does end up testing positive later. It is up to you, though. No one is required to go the 90 day recovery letter route.
So when do you get the letter?

So when do you get the letter?
My college daughter tested positive on a Monday, symptoms started on Saturday, and health services wrote her a letter on Friday when she was out of isolation but masked (after many email exchanges trying to explain why she wants one...was surprised they actually did it). I'll find out in a couple days if Safe Passage will accept it.

People have said a letter at 5 or 10 days, (or longer) after positive test are ok--symptoms should be improving/fever gone before seeking letter. Needs to be signed, on medical letterhead with phone #/address, say cleared to travel, list patients date of birth, and positive test. You do need a copy of the positive test result as well, can't be an unproctored home antigen test.

My college daughter tested positive on a Monday, symptoms started on Saturday, and health services wrote her a letter on Friday when she was out of isolation but masked (after many email exchanges trying to explain why she wants one...was surprised they actually did it). I'll find out in a couple days if Safe Passage will accept it.

People have said a letter at 5 or 10 days, (or longer) after positive test are ok--symptoms should be improving/fever gone before seeking letter. Needs to be signed, on medical letterhead with phone #/address, say cleared to travel, list patients date of birth, and positive test. You do need a copy of the positive test result as well, can't be an unproctored home antigen test.
We don’t sail for 8 weeks. I’m not sure it’s as big a deal now that they are using rapid tests, but I’ll look into it.

No, but when I called Safe Passage to get information about what was need for the letter, the person I talked to told me that the letter could be done at 5 days, and eluded to the fact that is a change from how it used to be, when they were more strict.
Looks like quickMD is 10 day. Anyone find one that does 5-10 day online?

Can anyone confirm if a hand written signature is needed on the letter? My doctor typed the letter and typed her name at the end.

my positive was July 8, cruise August 29, I haven't seen any official guidelines as to when the letter has to be dated. I'm pretty sure I don't have to get it within 5 days of embarkation. I'll probably try to get it around the 13th. Might be going the Quick MD route.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter