9:20 pm MK fireworks, and a late night ride?

Jsharp13

Mouseketeer
On the only day we will be in MK, the fireworks are at 9:20 pm. Park closes at 10 pm. I know I can get in line for a ride at 9:59 pm.

I really like to watch the fireworks. I don't need a prime location that I stake out an hour in advance, but I do like to be somewhere on Main Street. Once I was about as far back as Tony's and that was fine with me.

How long will fireworks last, and will I have time to make it to a ride after? I am thinking 7 dwarfs or Big Thunder. But, I am guessing it might be nearly impossible to watch the full fireworks show from main street, and then head against the crowds to get up to 7DMT or BTR?

Also, let's add in another twist. I want to ride Tron in the dark! I'll pay for the ILL here. Should I aim to ride around 8 pm? Get a spot for fireworks around 8:45 somewhere on main street? Then push our way up to our last late night coaster?

Fireworks are 20 minutes.

It's definitely doable to make it on 1-2 more rides, but you need to pick a viewing spot close to the walkway for your intended ride. BTM is definitely the easier one, you just choose a spot close to the Adventure Land walkway, and skeedaddle the moment fireworks are over. In my experience the hoard moving towards Adventure Land is smaller than towards Space Mountain or 7D. If you move quickly enough you can usually ride 2x, even with a 10pm close.

7D is a bit tricker, because of the number of walkways around the castle that are closed. Your best bet is near the walkway that goes between Cosmic Ray's and the spot where Mirabelle meets.

I've never had an issue finding a spot 10-15 minutes before the fireworks, if it's just me/me + one other person, no strollers or ecv, etc. Around that time people start to stand up/consolidate and you can slip in.

I would definitely do Tron before the fireworks. Unfortunately at this time of year it won't be super dark in the 8pm hour but...what can you do.

Fireworks are 20 minutes.

It's definitely doable to make it on 1-2 more rides, but you need to pick a viewing spot close to the walkway for your intended ride. BTM is definitely the easier one, you just choose a spot close to the Adventure Land walkway, and skeedaddle the moment fireworks are over. In my experience the hoard moving towards Adventure Land is smaller than towards Space Mountain or 7D. If you move quickly enough you can usually ride 2x, even with a 10pm close.

7D is a bit tricker, because of the number of walkways around the castle that are closed. Your best bet is near the walkway that goes between Cosmic Ray's and the spot where Mirabelle meets.

I've never had an issue finding a spot 10-15 minutes before the fireworks, if it's just me/me + one other person, no strollers or ecv, etc. Around that time people start to stand up/consolidate and you can slip in.

I would definitely do Tron before the fireworks. Unfortunately at this time of year it won't be super dark in the 8pm hour but...what can you do.

Thank you, this is super helpful. Just what I was looking for.
There's just 2 of us, me and teen son, so no strollers or anything, and we're mobile.

We'll aim for Tron maybe around 8? Off by 8:30, and that gives us plenty of time to line up towards the left side of main street.

I wonder if I want to try to cut over near Spring Roll Cart, or Sleepy Hollow? One of those is closed during fireworks isn't it?

I had reservations for Tony's at 7:30 which sounds like it won't work. I'll keep checking to see if I can move that one up maybe. If not, it's OK. We've eaten there before so if we miss it, we'll survive.

Thank you, this is super helpful. Just what I was looking for.
There's just 2 of us, me and teen son, so no strollers or anything, and we're mobile.

We'll aim for Tron maybe around 8? Off by 8:30, and that gives us plenty of time to line up towards the left side of main street.

I wonder if I want to try to cut over near Spring Roll Cart, or Sleepy Hollow? One of those is closed during fireworks isn't it?

I had reservations for Tony's at 7:30 which sounds like it won't work. I'll keep checking to see if I can move that one up maybe. If not, it's OK. We've eaten there before so if we miss it, we'll survive.
The spring roll cart is closed, yes. That viewing area isn't great, from what I remember. There's a lot of trees/lamposts, etc in the way. Near Sleepy hollow probably has better sight lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter