9/18/04 Eastern Magic- We're in the home Stretch Now

Our little group is growing:Pinkbounc
We are a little more than 5 months away now. I can hardly wait! Time to start thinking about excursions an wardrobe, and what will I wear on formal night?:eek:
Baward and bartjwb, I don't think I've welcomed you, so Welcome Aboard.
Pretty soon we will have to start talking about a Dismeet onboard. Anyone interested?

I would love to do a DIS meet - Jan, Dave and I have already had a little one here in Michigan but I want to meet all of you too - and hold that little baby of Ambermomma's! 23 weeks from to day and it will be our turn!

Glad to find this thread again. Haven't seen it since I posted back on page one. Glindamood, you can add me and DH to your spreadsheet... Donna and Harry, both 52. We were so desperate for a Disney fix that just last week we booked the May 20 land/sea combo. That one will be our 5th Disney Cruise. Yes, you can definitely call us Disney Addicts. Looking forward to some much needed pampering. Also looking forward to meeting everyone!

Just a little more info about us...we have two adult children. We are the proud grandparents of Jade Rose and have another granddaughter due in July.

I will be happy to add the additional information to the spreadsheet. We are an interesting mix of people from what I have gotten from our post - also never paid any attention to anyone else's list but we are about half and half with just adults and the parent/child combo. I fount it interesting anyway - especially with so much talk of couples doing Disney. We did Princess to Alaska last August - give me the Magic anyday (that is a cruiseline statement, not destination). Can't wait to meet everyone.

Donna and Harry - DH is from Lorain and I am from Elyria! Small world indeed. Just noticed where you were from.

Thanks for the welcome. A Dismeet would be great. We will also be traveling with our 6yr (she'll be 7 by the time we leave) little princess.

22 weeks to go! Looking forward to a very relaxing trip and meeting all or you. It is looking a bit "springier" in my neck of the woods (although there is still some snow in the woods behind our house). Maybe with the rain expected it will all be gone by the end of the weekend!

Have a great weekend everyone - and if you have not already done so, please send me a PM with real names, ages etc of those traveling with you so I can update my list.

We are so excited too! Can't wait to spend 7 days on the Magic! It would be great to meet everyone!

DJ

Hello fellow 9/18/04 DIS cruisers: We cannot wait for our long awaited cruise. It was great meeting Gail (glindamood) 2 months ago at our mini Michigan DIS meet in Cadillac. We have grown children and 4 grandchildren who will NOT be cruising with us this time! Just two 50 somthings who love DCL. Jan

Hi everyone!

Glindamood, it sure is a small world. In a way we are still neighbors. Michigan is just a stones throw away. And we both have the same cold long winters. It was actually 81 degrees here today. Just beautiful!

Good Day All!!! 21 more weeks and it will be us getting up and heading to the Port. Hope all of you are well and enjoying Spring - it has finally sprung in my neck of the woods. I am envious of Ragdoll's 81 degrees - we were in the 70's one day last week but that is as warm as it has been here and now back to 50's and 60's.

Have a great weekend everyone - enjoy the baseball, softball, soccer, yardwork or whatever you have planned.

We have our "5" sign up in our living room. Everyone month on the 18th we make a new sign to show how many more months are left. Maybe we will start doing weeks over the summer.

I love looking at other people's pictures of the cruise when they get back, but they make me SO anxious for our sailing date!

It does help that the weather is nice now and we have a beautiful summer ahead (and a trip to WDW to help us through the wait).

It is getting closer! I can't wait to see the excursions for our cruise. I hope they come at at 60 days at least!

DJ

I sent an email to DCL asking about shore excursions for the 9/18 cruise. I read a trip report today about a poster on jet skis at CC and the fun she and her family had. I also asked about this excursion as it was not listed on the list of CC excursions. I'll let you know when I hear anything.

Where and when is our first official DIS meet? I need to have a visual to keep me smiling .... We had an unofficial mini DIS meet in Michigan a couple of months ago with Gail (glindamood). Any fellow cruisers from the West Virginia area? We're there frequently visiting our kids and grandkids (Morgantown and Parkersburg).

Jan

We aren't from Parkersburg, but I grew up in that area! Ever hear of Woodsfield, Ohio? My in-laws are in Marietta (but I won't be there this summer, DH takes the girls and drops them off and drives back to Indiana all in one day for their week's visit).

I would really like to know the excursions too. I am trying to decide what to do at St. Thomas because this is our first Eastern 7 night, so everything is new to us.

At Castaway Cay we will be trying sailing. DH is taking sailing classes so that he can do that while we are there.

DJ

P.S. When I emailed DCL about shore excursions for OUR cruise date, I was inquiring about Antigua excursions.

DJ: We are in Marietta often when we are visiting our Parkersburg daughter. There are some great restaurants in the downtown area. Jan

Hello fellow 9/18/04 cruisers:

I contacted DCL this week about the Antigua excursions (even though we already booked the eco tour direct) and info about the personal watercraft (jet ski) excursion on CC. This is DCL's response:

The shore excursions for Antigua have not been finalized yet. Please check periodically with our
Special Service Desk or website for updated information.

The Personal Watercraft Tour on Castaway Cay is for our guests 8 years and older. However, this
shore excursion cannot be reserved in advance. Arrangements for this specific excursion can only be
made once onboard the ship at our Shore Excursion Desk. Following is a description for you:
Get to know Castaway Cay like a native! A knowledgeable guide will take you on a fascinating eco
adventure via personal watercraft as you learn about the area's abundant marine life, unique ecology
and storied history. First, your guide will lead the way to a scenic stop amid the mangroves, where
you'll learn about Castaway Cay's intriguing ecosystem. Then, it's off to a second point of
interest, where your guide will describe the colorful history of The Bahamas and the unique island
marine life. You may ride either single or in pairs on this exciting journey-why not make it a
family affair? The entire adventure, including Personal Watercraft instructions will last
approximately 1 hour. It is recommended to wear water shoes or sandals, as well as eyeglass straps.
Riders will board the watercraft from the water.
Cost Per Person: $95 single riders $160 double riders
To ride, you must be at least 8 years old. To drive, you must be at least 18 years old. If you are
16 or 17 years old and wish to drive, you must obtain authorization from a parent or legal guardian.
Age Requirements: No one under 8 allowed on this shore excursion due to age limits and safety
concerns.

Jan

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter